Author Topic: *SPOILERS* WWE Raw 8/13 Discussion  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
*SPOILERS* WWE Raw 8/13 Discussion
« on: August 13, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »
So Cole/JR made reference to JTG's twitter rants on the air, leading me to believe they may be worked after all?....could we be in a new era of worked shoot?

Speaking of twitter, seeing the Prime Time Players come out without A.W just doesn't have the same (or any) impact.
~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Offline CharismaticZero

• +19/-17
  • I am the Aces & 8's!
    • View Profile
    • Einherjar Raiding
Re: *SPOILERS* WWE Raw 8/13 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
That what I thought when I heard that.
Decks Playing:
<R> Jeff Hardy
Road Warriors
BPD
Ship Date: 1/2/2013

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »
I'm glad Lesnar attacked HBK. I wonder how they planned to fill the last 15 minutes of RAW otherwise.  ::)

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
I think PTP are pretty much dead in the water at this point. It really sucks because they had a lot of potential.

Punk was awesome and I'm thinking he is going to retain at Summerslam. The rest of the show was pretty meh. Even Piper's Pit was disappointing, let's be honest everything with Miz involved is.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 03:49:18 AM »
Mostly disagree with your opinions there, Turd, except for the part about punk.  PTP was a solid tag team BEFORE A.W. came along, he just made it better.  Good hype man and such... but they're solid, very dis-likeable, good in the ring - looking forward to seeing more of them.

And I thought the Pit segment was fun, though Piper rambling on at points was a little strange.. like mumbling 'Y2J' during Miz's entrance...  odd.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:07:02 AM »
Mostly disagree with your opinions there, Turd, except for the part about punk.  PTP was a solid tag team BEFORE A.W. came along, he just made it better.  Good hype man and such... but they're solid, very dis-likeable, good in the ring - looking forward to seeing more of them.

And I thought the Pit segment was fun, though Piper rambling on at points was a little strange.. like mumbling 'Y2J' during Miz's entrance...  odd.

CREED

That was strange when I caught Piper talking over the entrance and over other people, like he was missing his cues? Just an odd promo.
~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Online piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 10:45:49 AM »
Piper was definitely not at the top of his game last night.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline maskedllama

• +63/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
Theory:  Maybe Piper was told to try to get the Y2J name over with the crowd, so he tried to get them to chant it?

Theory: Maybe Y2J wasn't supposed to win the Raw-active and they had to wing the segment on the fly? 

Minor Gripe: I really hate the "Feed me More" playing during Ryback's music.  I thought his music was perfect.  I can see maybe playing it at the begining similar to "AWESOME" for Miz,although I'd use "Welcome to the Food Chain". 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
It sounded like Piper was trying to get a Y2J chant going and then was doing the whole take 30 seconds to realize someone is coming out even though their entrance music is playing thing.

And they shove Ryback down your throat then change his music when you actually get use to it and associate it with him. Brilliant! That was Goldberg's whole thing, when his music hit you knew there was an ass kicking coming. They should have just tried to get people to chant Feed Me More over his music kind of like Goldberg or You Suck for Angle.

Offline SmartAssAssassin

• post whoererere
  • +100/-100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
It sounded like Piper was trying to get a Y2J chant going and then was doing the whole take 30 seconds to realize someone is coming out even though their entrance music is playing thing.

And they shove Ryback down your throat then change his music when you actually get use to it and associate it with him. Brilliant! That was Goldberg's whole thing, when his music hit you knew there was an ass kicking coming. They should have just tried to get people to chant Feed Me More over his music kind of like Goldberg or You Suck for Angle.

For the love of God, yes. This is WHY i like Ryback so much. No promos. Ominous but pumped up music, ass kicking commences. He doesnt need anything else. He doesnt need to be hyped anymore. He took his character and got the hype by himself. People (myself at least) werent going to get sick of seeing him every week; he was certainity in an un certain WWE. What people WILL get sick of (again, me, at least) is making him cheesy. Like adding his catch phrase to his music. Or making him interact with the crowd more.

DAMMIT WWE, YOU ALREADY RUINED BRODUS, DONT RUIN RYBACK!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »
Theory:  Maybe Piper was told to try to get the Y2J name over with the crowd, so he tried to get them to chant it?

I agree with you here, it really sounded like Piper was trying to get a chant going while simultaneously having a frog in his throat and not being able to speak too loudly. Considering everything his body's been through, I can give Roddy a pass on this one.

Theory: Maybe Y2J wasn't supposed to win the Raw-active and they had to wing the segment on the fly? 

It's absolutely adorable that you think that the #Rawactives aren't completely rigged.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »
I don't know if you mean 'rigged' as in the fans votes are ignored, but I do think they're rigged like the old Taboo Tuesday bits.  I mean, Miz... Ziggler... or Y2J, of course Jericho gets more votes because he has more fans.

Or they just make pointless choices, like the Sheamus / Bryan match.  Street Fight, Falls Count Anywhere, or No DQ?  Well, aren't they pretty much the same thing?  :)

They'll probably do something like they used to, where they bias the vote.  Fans can choose between Foley, JBL, or Stone Cold as the special referee.. then Austin comes out and stuns the other two.  Imagine that, Austin wins the vote!  :D

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »
Not sure if rigged, per se. I would be interested in finding out just how many votes came from computers located at 1241 East Main St. and 120 Hamilton Ave., Stamford, CT 06902, though.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline maskedllama

• +63/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
I'm also pretty gullible! Its a messy combination of character traits.
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »

It's absolutely adorable that you think that the #Rawactives aren't completely rigged.

I'm an optimist! 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
paul heyman is still magic on the mike.

i've never used twitter, but since a hash tag is a tag, shouldn't you be able to easily check how many tweets had that tag? isn't that how they do it? if not, there should be.
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Offline Cythe

• +34/-24
  • Ohm nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
I agree with the ranting over the Ryback music change.  His old music was perfect, he even had routine motions to it...but now this new song is annoying and throws off his entrance groove.

As for the Raw Active being rigged?  I think it's a combination of things here.  I think they are giving obvious or meaningless choices.  The y2j and Mysterio choices were the obvious ones, the Sheamus match was the pointless one.  So yeah, basically I agree with what you all are saying here.    I think they learned their lesson from that one Monday Night Raw were they tried to make the whole thing fan's choice, and almost had their servers blown up and lagged out, resulting in Mason Ryan smushing Evan Bourne instead of the obvious Sin Cara choice.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
I don't know if you mean 'rigged' as in the fans votes are ignored, but I do think they're rigged like the old Taboo Tuesday bits.

I mean rigged as in "we decided the winner ahead of time, so we're going to let you vote but the votes are completely irrelevant," yes.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.