Author Topic: chris benoit.  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
chris benoit.
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
so... the idiot clown posse has a new song about a guy breaking down and going nuts. it's called chris benoit. i think they sample one of his promos and a picture of him fades in and out during the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtqIb7Mwal8

thoughts?
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Offline Scotty

• +50/-43
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: chris benoit.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
Oh, wow - they went there. Song was meh, ok beat though. Probably won't ever listen to it again though.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +157/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 09:02:03 PM »
Song coulda been about anything ... And it still wouldn't have been any good. Like Scotty said... Ok beat, but I'll probably won't ever listen to it again.

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »
It seems they are using the term "Chris Benoit" as a slang for losing it, more than anything else.  Similar to people using "Go columbine" or "going dahmer" etc.  Not common but it exists.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120625/ENT04/120625074/Insane-Clown-Posse-Chris-Benoit-Violent-J-Shaggy-2-Dope-Juggalos (interview)

“It’s about that loss of sanity,” Violent J said during a break in the shoot. “It’s about the snapping, that moment of panic.”

I kind of like the song, the last album was excellent in my opinion, hoping this one is as well.
~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 03:39:17 PM »
maybe i should have posted my thoughts when i initially posted the video. at the time i was unsure about what i thought. i knew i didn't like it, but i found myself being more disgusted by it than i should have been considering all the terrible things i've said and laughed at. though one of my friends pointed out to me that there is a difference between making an offensive joke around friends and writing a song about a tragedy in an effort to make money. i understand what they say they're doing, but they could have done it tons of other ways. they can say that they're not glorifying him all they want, but the reality is they are glorifying his final acts. since that is the basis of the allusion to benoit. having his picture fade in and out as a man is being killed makes it even worse.

personal aside, i've always thought icp was terrible. not in an offensive way, just in general as a phenomena of ignorance and stupidity. even before they revealed they had no idea how magnets work.
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »
Homeless, your last couple of sentences summarize my feelings on those two perfectly. I can't stand ICP.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +75/-67
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
I suppose I needed another reason to hate them, sure.

That song was somewhere between "god this is awful" and "I may vomit at any moment". Chorus, lyrics, everything...and to top it off they gave it that title.

I'm not a huge fan of rap music, but this doesn't even qualify.

I read a tweet one that said "Juggalos are the scratch and dent bin of the human race". I can't lie, it made me laugh pretty hard.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:35:48 AM »
for a rap song it teetered between madness (because of the lyrics and nature) and some form of twisted genius (because they probably were aiming for that and succeeded)

as far as I'm concerned if any future murders of a similar type and nature are perpetrated, and the media describes the murderer as pulling a "Benoit" I'll blame this song.
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline gamhhh

• +5/-6
  • I AM THE GAME!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
I've hated this band for years. Now to make fun of 1 of my favorite wrestlers of all time and the Best Technical Wrestler in the business is low blowing wrestling fans like me, They had 2 photos of benoit on the song and i am absolutely disgusted

GAMHHH
I AM THE GAME! CAUSE I AM THAT DA*MN GOOD!