Author Topic: Getting Redemption in Starting Hand  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Philippine Milkfish

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
Getting Redemption in Starting Hand
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
Aside from using World Heavyweight (RAW Belt) + Raw and Ready in order to fetch Redemption asap, are there any other techy ways to do it? I'm leaning towards a Heel/RAW deck at the moment, so using No Show + Break You + Funaki F-U-N is not an option right now.

Help guys! Thanks very much!
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Redemption in Starting Hand
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:18:37 PM »
I'll assume that you don't have a Superstar-specific way (We Lie, We Cheat, We Steal, WWE Commentators, etc.), so you could try sifting for it with things like Backstage Donnybrook.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:42:56 PM »
Yup, no Superstar-specific way to get it. It's for Redemption Volley Piper specifically. Going Face means I lose Anything and Hate It + Manager Interferes. Using Raw & Ready means I lose Revolution of the Mind. Losing either makes Piper a sad panda.

Edit: I picked Raw for King Interferes and Heel for Outside Interference, as well. Is it worth shifting to Smackdown or Face instead?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:44:48 PM by Philippine Milkfish »
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:40:42 AM »
Going Face gives you Once is Enough and Sloppy... Very Sloppy, plus random stuff like Faceplant and Enough With The Trash Talk. You can definitely make up the reversal base, no problem.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 04:56:48 AM »
Redemption is a Raw branded card right? In that case Badd Blood (prematch) would do the trick.
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 05:02:43 AM »
Redemption is a Raw branded card right? In that case Badd Blood (prematch) would do the trick.

It's not....and even if it was it only lets you get Insurrection, Vengeance and a Specific Move....no such way to fetch a different action there.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Quig

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 05:11:05 AM »
Managed by Shane/Stacy can help early.

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 05:17:42 AM »

It's not....and even if it was it only lets you get Insurrection, Vengeance and a Specific Move....no such way to fetch a different action there.....

yeah I went out and actually looked at the card after typing that. Stupid response was stupid
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 05:36:05 AM »
yeah I went out and actually looked at the card after typing that. Stupid response was stupid

Don't worry....witty comeback was witty  8)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
Use A No Show to remove 2 cards from the game, make 1 of them redemption Pop Funaki F-U-N and put it directly into your hand. Use Given 'em' High fives to burn 5 cards and maybe pick up a card or two when you pop funaki as well.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »
Looking at the suggestions, it seems the best options are either to go Face (goodbye Anything and Hate It, Manager Interferes, Outside Interference and Unscrupulous SOB; hello Once + Sloppy, Faceplant + Enough Trash Talk, No Show + Funaki), or use Managed by Stacy (lets me stay Heel but costs me a turn before getting to plunk down Redemption on the table).

Weighing both options... Still undecided, but happy for the help and suggestions.
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 07:09:44 AM »

Don't worry....witty comeback was witty  8)

I think you mean a witte retort?
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 07:13:36 AM »
Hey Frankie! As a Redemption player yourself (your HBK Heat Redemption deck is still famous here), what's your suggestion for putting Redemption on the table as fast as possible, for characters without a superstar specific prematch means to do so?
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline majinsuperdustin

• +2/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
Million dollar title belt lets you go search for a foil if I remember correctly. I did a little trick with that and jbl's limo in tornado tag that was mean. Use belt to get redemption, limo to get revo and either pump kick or german suplex. Virgil makes it just sick.
HBKHalfBlackKid

Offline Pain-razor

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »
It all depends on superstar too. Leader of peeps gets it with that's broken

Offline darkcolts77

• +1/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
u can use im going to break you with a no a no show also

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »
u can use im going to break you with a no a no show also

that makes the card go to ringside
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
@darkcolts77:  ...and before you suggest anything else, it might be good to read all the posts in the thread.  Not yelling at you or anything, but it might be good to see what's already been suggested - especially because he explained why some suggestions won't work for his deck.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline ZSlash

• +8/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »
Aside from using World Heavyweight (RAW Belt) + Raw and Ready in order to fetch Redemption asap, are there any other techy ways to do it? I'm leaning towards a Heel/RAW deck at the moment, so using No Show + Break You + Funaki F-U-N is not an option right now.

Help guys! Thanks very much!

I know you've already mentioned the R&R search method, but something I found more consistent than the belt was Osaka, Japan to search for the R&R if you're higher and Managed by Regal if you're lower. Just a thought...
Gencon 2007 Revo Qualifier winner
http://www.comicimages.com/rawdeal/strategy/reports/07genrevo.htm

....does that really count?

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 12:31:31 AM »
Managed by Stacy (lets me stay Heel but costs me a turn before getting to plunk down Redemption on the table).

you could pair it with Distractingly Divalicious, so it'll negate the loss of that turn somewhat, Doesn't stop DTTAH I'm afraid
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.