Author Topic: TCO Dungeon of Doom  (Read 51456 times)

Queensryche

TCO Dungeon of Doom
« on: May 02, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
Alright, after some thought, I'm gonna give a go and see what kind of response this gets.

So my friend Matt Ryan (not the Falcons QB) has an Internet radio show which features a roundtable segment on it called "The Dungeon of Doom". In it, he asks questions to panelists a la The McLaughlin Group and then the panelists answer. Afterwards, he then says what the "correct answer" is to each question. This is primarily a comedy segment, as the answers the panelists give are what they'd have as the punchline, and Matt's "correct answer" is his punchline. If an answer is funny enough, he'll forgo giving his punchline and declare whoever gave the funniest answer as the correct one.

What I am proposing is this: I will start as The Dungeonmaster and pose three questions. Five people will sign up in advance and give their answers in this thread. I will then rate the answers given on a scale of one to five. Whoever has the highest score afterwards will be the new Dungeonmaster and then pose three questions, and five people will sign up to give answers.

To give you the right mindset for this, I'll give a sample question and the answers given.

Matt: "You're locked in a dark room with Gene Snitsky, and a toothbrush. How do you get out alive?"

John: ".......You call in the Gingivitis Gang?"

Matt: "........Did you just make an Adventures of Timmy The Tooth reference on the most offensive pro wrestling radio show in the world today?"

John: "Yes, yes I did!"

Matt: "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Let's go next to Kyle!"

Kyle: "You use your magical powers to summon Heidenreich."

Matt: "I like your poetry! Our next answer will come from Ben!"

Ben: "Use the magical toothbrush to summon the one person capable of breaking down the door AND the wall, Isaac Yankem, DDS!"

Matt: "And to give the final answer, Kevin Kelly!"

Kevin Kelly (Yes, THAT Kevin Kelly): "Uh, you hold a seance and summon the baby Gene Snitsky killed with a boot to Lita's midsection."

Matt: "........KEVIN KELLY'S A GAMER! YES! GAME ON!"

*laughter from everyone involved*

Matt: "Oddly enough, the correct answer is: you New Jack the motherf***er!"

If you're interested, feel free to sign up as a panelist, and I'll think of three questions to ask.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +311/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: TCO Dungeon of Doom
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:38:12 AM »
Sign me up as a panelist.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 05:29:07 AM »
ditto.
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:33:42 AM »
Sounds like fun! Count me in.
~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:28:02 AM »
I've heard enough of these that I think I have a handle on how they work. I'll give it a shot.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »
#5 here... This sounds like fun

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »
i'd like to be in the next round
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Queensryche

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:41:45 PM »
Alright then! We've got our five panelists! And I've got three questions for you to answer. Now before we begin, I'll just say to be creative with your answers. Obviously, humor will be a major factor, but not the only factor. I will give high marks to creative/clever answers. After everyone answers, I will assign points. The answer I judge to be the best one will get five points, the next best four, and so on. After that, I'll tally up the scores, and the highest scorer will be the next Dungeonmaster and get to ask three questions, at which point we'll get five more signups for panelists. And without further delay, here goes.

1. If you could pick one wrestler to endorse a particular product, who would you pick, and what would they endorse?

2. There hasn't been a stable of no-name wrestlers around since both The Corre and Nexus split. That being said, the next time a group of jobbers bands together to cause havoc, what name would you christen them with?

3. The Osirian Portal won a match with The Runaways in a CZW Tag Team tournament by using hypnosis and having The Runaways (and the rest of the locker room) dance to "Rapper's Delight". If this situation could be recreated in any fed, which wrestler would compel the locker room to dance, and what song would everyone be getting down to?

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +311/-213
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 06:01:10 PM »
1) For me, it would have to be the Ultimate Warrior endorsing Hummer H2s. At the end of the commercial, you would think to yourself, "Well, I don't know what the f$%# he just said, but damn he sounded cool and so did the car!" Incidentally, this is THE ONLY WAY to sell a Hummer to anyone who isn't a colossal prick.

2) Well, this depends. We all know the eventual fate of these mega-stables of jobbers, but the Job Squad is already taken. So, let's go with the most offensive thing that we can possibly go for: the Nazi Jihad Communists, so when the stable breaks up, it'll bury every member so deeply that the invisible bears in the parking lot won't touch them with a 10-foot pole.

3) The clear answer, the only answer, is Player Uno. Everyone would be getting down to the music from World 1-1 of Super Mario Bros., until the ghost of Captain Lou Albano himself comes down to the Ring to show everyone how to do the Mario.
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »
Alright then! We've got our five panelists! And I've got three questions for you to answer. Now before we begin, I'll just say to be creative with your answers. Obviously, humor will be a major factor, but not the only factor. I will give high marks to creative/clever answers. After everyone answers, I will assign points. The answer I judge to be the best one will get five points, the next best four, and so on. After that, I'll tally up the scores, and the highest scorer will be the next Dungeonmaster and get to ask three questions, at which point we'll get five more signups for panelists. And without further delay, here goes.

1. If you could pick one wrestler to endorse a particular product, who would you pick, and what would they endorse?

2. There hasn't been a stable of no-name wrestlers around since both The Corre and Nexus split. That being said, the next time a group of jobbers bands together to cause havoc, what name would you christen them with?

3. The Osirian Portal won a match with The Runaways in a CZW Tag Team tournament by using hypnosis and having The Runaways (and the rest of the locker room) dance to "Rapper's Delight". If this situation could be recreated in any fed, which wrestler would compel the locker room to dance, and what song would everyone be getting down to?

1) ric flair's figure-four ale. commercial: start with the most interesting man in the world, "i don't always--" "WOOOOOOOOOO!" *chop * *chop * *chop * *chop * "WOOOOOOOOOO!! i'm always ric flair, and there's a reason i'm a 60 minute man, baby! ric flair's figure-four ale. to be the man, WOOO, you gotta drink the brew!" zoom out to show the most interesting man in the world tapping to the figure-four leg lock.

2) the lost boys. because in the beginning they're wandering around the main event scene, not knowing exactly what they're doing, why they're doing it or even how they got there. they inevitability end up lost in the undercard or to spring cleaning.

3) isn't that pretty much what brodus does? anyway, it'll be jay lethal rapping songs from macho man's rap album. unless he already did that... i don't know, i don't watch tna.
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +154/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 08:32:44 AM »
I'm not in the game, but I have to pipe in for one of them.

2. CHIKARA
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
1) CM Punk - WWE Ice Cream Bars. - Does this even need an explanation?

2) Dirk MacGuffin, and the interchangeable heat.

3) If it's the WWE, they're getting down to one of Jim Johnston's greatest hits. Either that, or it will be Santino leading people in a rendition of "We are the world."

Queensryche

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 04:38:52 PM »
Still waiting for Jypsy and Dilbert's answers. Will PM them to remind them.

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »
1. The best match I have of promoter to product would have to be Kharma, for Shaoxing Meideli wire hangers.

2. Total Nonstop Action.

3. Oh, no, I don't have to recreate the scenario. It's already been done. All we have to do is... Stand back, and let the Chairman show us how it's done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MNfSHzaimv8#t=34s
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Queensryche

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 07:58:06 AM »
I'm gonna wait until tomorrow. If Jypsy doesn't respond by then, I will move on without him and award points to see who our new Dungeonmaster will be.

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +154/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »
And BTW, I'm totally in on the next one.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline SmartAssAssassin

• post whoererere
  • +100/-100
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »
I wanna be on the next panel as well.

Dave

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »
1. I would Pick Derrick Bateman, who would promote the hell out of his own brand of speakers and megaphones. All you can hear down the street is SUBMISSION WRES-A-LING!

2. The Future Endeavors

3. I am thinking a freestyle rap by Delirious that makes absolutely no sense to the beat of Stayin' Alive. It would simply hypnotize people into coming out to see what in the world is going on.

(Sorry for the delay, I didn't realize we started. my bad, somebody call my mama.)

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
I don't have her phone number but I am definitely thinking about facebookin' yo momma to tell on you.
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Queensryche

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »
Alright then! We've got answers from our five panelists. Now I will award points.

Question 1

Daeva: 3 points (Strangely I see it being a successful ad campaign.......if Hummer wasn't defunct that is)

Homeless: 5 points (Beating up the Most Interesting Man In The World would prove wrestling is fake. But then again, kayfabe is dead, and that would be a hilarious commercial)

Antigoth: 2 points (No, but a little elaboration could've helped)

Dilbert: 4 points (Oh.......oh GOD. This doesn't NEED elaboration, you sick little man)

Jypsy: 1 point (Sorry dude.......I don't get the reference)

Question 2

Daeva: 3 points (Invisible bears in the parking lot........I LIKE IT!)

Homeless: 2 points (Not the most creative name, but the explanation was good)

Antigoth: 4 points (I'm a sucker for "X and the Y" names, and I laughed)

Dilbert: 1 point (Cheap heat. Boooooooooooooo)

Jypsy: 5 points (I would've named the stable "Endeavor". You're obviously on my wavelength)

Question 3

Daeva: 5 points (I'll admit, I marked out. Player Uno AND Captain Lou? WIN)

Homeless: 2 points (No, Jay Lethal didn't do that. It still wouldn't make TNA watchable)

Antigoth: 4 points (Sadly, Daeva's answer was the only one that would've beaten Santino's sing-along)

Dilbert: 1 point (More cheap heat. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Jypsy: 3 points: (I certainly would be mesmerized)

The scores for this round are:

Daeva: 11 points
Antigoth: 10 points
Homeless/Jypsy (tie): 9 points
Dilbert: 6 points

And with that, Daeva wins this round and has earned the right to be the new Dungeonmaster!

If you wish, I will handle sign-ups. So far for the next round, we have:

1. Jokerfish
2. Commissioner D2
3. SmartAssAssassin
4. superradjoe

We need one more!

I've also decided on a couple more rules.

1. If you participated this round, you will have to sit out a round before you can participate again. Obviously this does not apply to the Dungeonmaster.

2. After the Dungeonmaster posts his questions, I will set a time limit for submitting answers. Failure to comply will mean you're left out.

Start thinking up questions Daeva. After we get two more panelists, feel free to post up.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:49:34 PM by Queensryche »

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
Are we going to have a leaderboard/running tally of points as time goes on? I am sure lots of us want to keep playing, and it would be neat to see how people compare to the rest of the TCO community as times goes on.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Poh2bsfO2M (the derrick bateman reference)

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »
You need to look up all of the Derrick Bateman NXT clips.... for the sake of Chicks and America.

I'll give this a try, but I don't get whyy there needs to be a limit to the participants?
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Queensryche

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »
Are we going to have a leaderboard/running tally of points as time goes on? I am sure lots of us want to keep playing, and it would be neat to see how people compare to the rest of the TCO community as times goes on.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Poh2bsfO2M (the derrick bateman reference)

Definitely doable. I can keep a running tab.

And thanks for the explanation.

And the limit is so that things can stay organized.

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +311/-213
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »
Props to everybody else in the Dungeon with me, especially Antigoth. It was really effing close, bro. Cowbell for all five of you.
"You're no fun." -Creed

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »
Nate obviously called in a favor from the McMahon's. :)
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"