Author Topic: The Brood  (Read 2230 times)

Offline CharismaticZero

• +19/-17
  • I am the Aces & 8's!
    • View Profile
    • Einherjar Raiding
The Brood
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:28:43 AM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:24:35 PM by CharismaticZero »
Decks Playing:
<R> Jeff Hardy
Road Warriors
BPD
Ship Date: 1/2/2013

Offline CharismaticZero

• +19/-17
  • I am the Aces & 8's!
    • View Profile
    • Einherjar Raiding
Re: The Brood
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:36:25 AM »
I attempted to use photoshop to make cards.  No bueno.  More support for the Brood out of sheer I'm not working+I'm Up Too Late Momentum.

….Till I See Blood (The Brood Logo)
          F: 20 D:0
          Action+Action
          This card can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards, and ignore completely on his reversals.
          Your opponent overturns 2 cards. If both are reversals, he repeats this process until he overturns a non-Reversal           card.
          Draw 2 cards, discard 2 cards, and shuffle 2 reversals from your ringside pile into your arsenal.
          (RMS Logo)
          Mutli
          Unique

Chalice of Blood (The Brood  Logo)
          Backstage Area
          Your reversal cards are F:0, D:0, considered unique for cards and card effects.
          Unique
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:45:37 PM by CharismaticZero »
Decks Playing:
<R> Jeff Hardy
Road Warriors
BPD

Offline maskedllama

• +63/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 07:31:32 AM »
Its twisted! Its thematic!  I can hear the theme song in my head when I read these.    Good job! 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline CharismaticZero

• +19/-17
  • I am the Aces & 8's!
    • View Profile
    • Einherjar Raiding
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »
The theme of seeing red aka using reversals to deal damage came from Dilbert, it was just kind of neat.  So I made the final 3 support cards.  We're going to work out the rest of the Freebirds this weekend, and I have another fantasy card to post later.
Decks Playing:
<R> Jeff Hardy
Road Warriors
BPD

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 07:49:10 AM »
These cards are truly awesome. It´s a shame they´ll never see the light of day.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:03:24 AM by the-edge666 »
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline maskedllama

• +63/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
They have a better chance now then when WWF had to pay to say Gangrel.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:03:17 AM »
These cards are truly awesome. It´s a shame they´ll never see the light if day.

They have a chance.  The Virtual Card sets for Diesel, Maryse, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan were based on designs submitted to the fantasy cards forums.    
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:04:31 AM »
Ok, thats nice. Than I have to sit back and wait for one of my favourite stables to be released. ;)
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline stevethedemon666

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:31:08 AM »
the backstage card is a hint insane to say the least... but apart from that it all seems good. i like how it works on reversing hurting later in the game, good way to stop people building red wall decks :)

Offline Brother_Dudley

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »
With the backstage card, does that mean Im only would allowed to pack one manager interferes or can I have 3 manager interferes? Btw, LOVE THE CONCEPT!!!!!!!!

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
With the backstage card, does that mean Im only would allowed to pack one manager interferes or can I have 3 manager interferes? Btw, LOVE THE CONCEPT!!!!!!!!

CZ and I discussed these cards before, so I can answer this one. The Chalice causes your reversals to be treated as Uniques for cards and card effects, not for pack restrictions. You may pack 3 Manager Interferes, because they are not Unique. However, they are F:0, D:0, and when cards look for uniqueness for an effect, they would be considered Unique. For example, you could not find a reversal with Managed By William Regal, since that requires you to reveal a non-unique reversal, and when Regal looks at your 3 Manager Interferes, he goes "nope, can't get them. They're Unique." Similarly, Atomic Lariat says it can only be reversed by hybrid and unique reversals. All your reversals are unique, so as long as they're eligible to reverse it, it will work. (Manager Interferes would, since it reverses any maneuver and the Lariat thinks its unique, but Break the Hold wouldn't, because despite being Unique, it still can't reverse a Strike.)
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
The problem is that every card in your arsenal is D:0 because all you can pack are reversals. Unless you get blood bath off your would lose every match.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »
The problem is that every card in your arsenal is D:0 because all you can pack are reversals. Unless you get blood bath off your would lose every match.

My understanding, and this could be a wording issue that requires fixing, is that the Chalice would not interfere with maneuver/reversal hybrids being played as maneuvers. When a hybrid maneuver is played, it's a maneuver, and wouldn't be F:0 D:0 (or, at least, there are ways to word the Chalice to get that effect) and the Brood can certainly pack x/Reversal hybrids, plus non-hybrid cards with the Tag logo/"Tag Team" in the text.

If I'm wrong, and the wording of the Chalice is such that hybrids played as maneuvers are still F:0 D:0, the simplest fix is "During the Pre-Match or an opponent's turn, your reversal cards are F:0, D:0, and considered Unique for cards and card effects." That way, you still can't search with Regal (and similar things), they still get treated properly on your opponent's turn, but the card would shut off on your turn. I don't believe that's needed, though.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.