Author Topic: Goldberg Help.  (Read 3988 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Goldberg Help.
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:48:06 PM »
Need some Goldberg ideas. Wanna run a non virtual build. Even though his virtual card is pretty damn good.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Rip

• +9/-10
    • View Profile
Re: Goldberg Help.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »
Well, honestly Goldberg was never a tremendous deck if you ask me, but one thing I had tried that I thought would work greatly, was a combo of You Feeling Lucky(TB) with a Revo 1 Hybrid maneuver/Reversal, but that never really panned out for me, but the inclusion of the first Revo deck helps Goldberg out alot.

Offline Philippine Milkfish

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
Try him Dynamic with 3 Luck of the Draw and 3 Matt Strikers. Recur 3 and search for 3 Maneuver/Action hybrids per turn helps fuel your ability and Rules Were Meant To Be Broken.
"Gashongs men! Tgish!"

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 08:46:19 AM »
Goldberg is pretty much defenseless against Antics and Momentum in Virtual AA, I wouldn't recommend it.  In non-Virtual Classic, he's still not that great but the You Feelin' Lucky combo still works with Spears and Jackhammers.  The main issue is losing all of the Rakes and Brass Nuks by playing Face,sigh.

It's tough either way, without getting support after his original set, he just fell by the wayside...  :(

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline ziggy zenf

• +22/-21
  • I'm.....from Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
Play Philadelphia to search for 3 Steel Chain Shots and load up on Unique cards to recur them with when you use them for your ability.
WWJD
What Would Justin Do

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
Yeah, shoot, I forgot to mention that.  The last 'good' Goldberg deck I saw was at GenCon 2005, Kandyman was running Steel Chain Shots + Movie cards to keep them in hand.  He made it pretty far in the finals but lost out to the tournament winner, Elijah's Victoria.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
Odds of Goldberg getting a storyline card to help him?

I was thinking of dropping 3 IOF TB. Then bridge spears and hammers into colossal moves.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »
Nil for the most part, if you've seen his V1 card.. ;)  He doesn't need to be stronger than THAT, haha

CREED

Offline The Hitman

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 11:53:19 PM »
Nil for the most part, if you've seen his V1 card.. ;)  He doesn't need to be stronger than THAT, haha

CREED

Nonsense.  Goldberg needs all the help he can get. ;)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 07:34:55 AM »
Well, a lot's changed in the 3 years since I posted that.  lol

CREED