Author Topic: 1/2/12 on Raw  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Homeless

• +69/-71
  • ROCK!
    • View Profile
1/2/12 on Raw
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »
jericho's 2nd 2nd coming.

seriously, what the hell was that?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:56:40 PM by Daeva »
what do you call a postman who just lost his job?
...i don't know...just some dude...

my honor, that's all i need. just my honor. and this colossus...

all those memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
Re: jericho's 2nd 2nd coming
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
A rerun.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: 1/2/12 on Raw
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
Let's not spoil it for the people on the west coast.

I believe in Chris Jericho. Something is going on here.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »
He is a god.  Anyone who can come out an amazingly over baby face and turn on the crowd without saying a word demands respect.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
I was watching intently during the Millenium countdown for Jericho's 1999 Raw debut.

I was watching intently for SAVE_US.Y2J.

And then, after weeks of cryptic and fascinating promos, its... Jericho!  Again!  Electric!  ...only... nothing happens.

Just felt like a great big total waste.  Even Undertaker would have been better after all those promos, and THAT felt like a foregone conclusion, sigh.  At least Taker cut a better promo with Triple H, without saying a word, than Jericho did... lol

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline maskedllama

• +63/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
Pure speculation
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
Hmmmm...I think that's kind of how you were supposed to feel, Creed. 

If I know Jericho, and I don't, but I did watch his DVD, he loves to be the heel and he loves to be a unique character, but his Suit-Wearing, Egotistical, Better Than You character has been done by Miz since he left, so he couldn't return in that fashion.  Also, he knows he's going to be cheered when he returns.

So he comes back as an excited babyface, revels in the applause, starts to cut one of his classic Jericho promos, and puts down the mic to revel in more applause.  He repeats this a few times, then walks out with a chorus of boos behind him because the crowd feels cheated of their Jericho promo and used.  Suddenly, he's back and a heel.  I'm not quite certain how this character will work, but I'm a fan so I have faith in him. 

Also, thoughts of the end of the main event?  It was a little strange, but the use of Kane's lighting was done quite well and the fireball from the ring was an impressive visual.  I'm intrigued by this Kane angle, as well.   
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline rocky_iwata

• +11/-20
  • Danny Dichioooooooooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »
This is Jericho's face near the end of his segment:

That guy with a long lastname.....

TFC! (CLAP CLAP CLAP!)

Offline Pain-razor

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »
Anyone else notice how the whole right side of his jacket just stopped working?

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: Pure speculation
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 10:45:41 AM »

Also, thoughts of the end of the main event?  It was a little strange, but the use of Kane's lighting was done quite well and the fireball from the ring was an impressive visual.  I'm intrigued by this Kane angle, as well.   

This is where I felt cheated. The Show/Henry double elim. made sense, but then to have the typical squash from Cena to Swagger felt like a letdown. Swagger needed to at least eliminate Ryder first, or they should have replaced Kane with a jobber heel (since Raw GM is fair, and all).

Online dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Pure speculation
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »

This is where I felt cheated. The Show/Henry double elim. made sense, but then to have the typical squash from Cena to Swagger felt like a letdown. Swagger needed to at least eliminate Ryder first, or they should have replaced Kane with a jobber heel (since Raw GM is fair, and all).

See, what I was expecting was for them to play out the match, have it come down to just Cena, his music starts playing, gets cut off, then out comes Otunga to clarify: it was a Handicap Match, but since it was just so unfair for Henry and Swagger to lose their partner like that, the only right thing to do was to give their team the benefit. Sadly, they were eliminated before their help could arrive, but the match can restart now. Then they send out two more guys to beat on Cena. I dunno who was left at that point that would seem imposing, maybe Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson or something like that.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »
We are obviously looking at him next week being an uber heel by showing how easy the fans are to please and manipulate. He REALLY wants us to hate him, so he's gonna make it so by shoving that cheer-fest down our throats.

It's a required evil because we want to cheer him due to the sheer fact that he's back, so he's using that to his advantage. It's a gamble, for sure.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »
I'm thinking that they're going to approach it a different way. I think that Jericho is going to be coming from more of an "do you call THAT cheering? I got a better reaction at Denny's when I ordered a Grand Slam!" angle and if they won't give him the accolades that he wants, then he'll MAKE them cheer for him when he wins the gold.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 06:39:34 PM »
Jericho's return reminded me of a Steve Martin opening monologue on SNL where he came out and said nothing but "wooooh" the entire time. Jericho is the type that doesn't rehash things, he wants to be new. He can pull this off face or heel, the smarks will love him either way.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline RyanFromVa

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 02:06:07 AM »
I'm thinking he'll come back as a face..at the end of the day, the WWE NEEDS to give the people someone to cheer for (Cena has been the backbone for way to long) and at the end of the day Jericho is good/great at what he does. With there being very limited "old school" wrestlers left, I think they're going to want people pulling for this one, and I personally can see a feud with Orton(again) or even Jericho in the middle of Kane/Cena, being an awesome way to bring him back.