Author Topic: Raw Deal Database  (Read 12789 times)

Offline drjschell

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-39
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Deal Database
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »
Also, can someone please send me the files for the old db. I'm pretty sure I can do some merging/transferring/dumping of info from the current db into that one. At least, it's worth looking into without having to have someone go through all the work of data entry.

VC

Very Good Idea.  ;)

The P6 Peep

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »
Also, can someone please send me the files for the old db. I'm pretty sure I can do some merging/transferring/dumping of info from the current db into that one. At least, it's worth looking into without having to have someone go through all the work of data entry.

VC

Very Good Idea.  ;)

The P6 Peep

Still waiting on this db. Anyone wanna send me the old db so it can be worked on?

Thanks,
VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline drjschell

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-39
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »

VC

Very Good Idea.  ;)

The P6 Peep

Still waiting on this db. Anyone wanna send me the old db so it can be worked on?

Thanks,
VC

Vela,

The link to download the most recent copy of the old database is on the first post at the beginning of this thread. Thanks

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »

Vela,

The link to download the most recent copy of the old database is on the first post at the beginning of this thread. Thanks

That's not the old DB. That's a new DB that someone else created. The old DB is the original one that was found on the Comic Images web site which has been replaced with the more recent one (that has already been updated).

Plus, this new one that is referenced at the beginning of this thread does not accept REV cards, for whatever reason.

I was asking for the "ORIGINAL" DB as found on the old CI site.

Thanks,
VC
- Team NBD

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »
Of course, if someone can fine why the db featured at the beginning of this threat doesn't accept REV cards, please lmk. We already have all the info in the current, updated db and it really shouldn't be that much work merging it into that one (once we can figure out it's insane reason for REV hatred).  :-\

VC
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:39:40 AM by VelaCards »
- Team NBD

Offline Matt

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »
Besides dB, have anyone actually thought of making RD an online game, somewhat like the MTG online version of the game. Players create account, purchase the cards which they want to use for their deck in the virtual game and play against others. AM not referring to the lancey thingy ??? something perhaps that is much more solid, more like the MTG online game.  :laugh:

Offline kbjone

• +15/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
Yeah... I think the copyright issues would shoot that one down in a heartbeat.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »
Yeah, we get this question every few months...  see, the company that OWNS Magic MAKES the online Magic game.  However:

1) We don't own any rights to the WWE's trademarked names or moves, or the rights to use their images, for starters.
2) We don't have permission to use the cards made by Comic Images.
3) We don't have permission from Mike Foley to use the Raw Deal engine.
4) We don't have the money for servers or the programmers to design, code, and update the program.

So no, never happening, sorry.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline njbrock22

• +9/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:08 PM »
i'm assuming that means that even getting these cards with images on OCTGN is way out of the question then... if so then *Sigh* oh well... guess it's back to lackey for me...

N.J.

Offline Brother_Dudley

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2012, 11:29:23 PM »
Any reason why we can't:

1. Petition the family of creator to allow someone to legally continue it.
2. Petition the WWE to reintroduce it to the public. Kids would eat this stuff up, especially if they can pretend to be CM PUNK, John Cena, etc.
3. There gots to be enough smart people that know how to run servers that play this game to apply to the company if it gets up off the ground again????
4. If advertisement is an issue, u can always use Sunny, DX, John Cena, or any one else that has excellent mic skills to advertise this on Raw/smackdown.

I hope this helps put solutions on the table for this issue

Offline kbjone

• +15/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 05:44:03 AM »
Any reason why we can't:

1. Petition the family of creator to allow someone to legally continue it.
2. Petition the WWE to reintroduce it to the public. Kids would eat this stuff up, especially if they can pretend to be CM PUNK, John Cena, etc.
3. There gots to be enough smart people that know how to run servers that play this game to apply to the company if it gets up off the ground again????
4. If advertisement is an issue, u can always use Sunny, DX, John Cena, or any one else that has excellent mic skills to advertise this on Raw/smackdown.

I hope this helps put solutions on the table for this issue

I'm in no way an insider, but from memory:

1: Last I heard, one of the engine co-creators (Foley) is still trying to shop the mechanic system to another game.
2: WWE gave up on Raw Deal because the player base wasn't big enough, in their opinion, to justify the license. And with Slam Attax's recent history (It didn't do too well either IIRC), the license just wouldn't be worth what they want for it.
3: As for Comic Images, they appear to be perfectly happy out of the card game market. Raw Deal may have been a success for a while, but they did take a hit on other games. (Conan CCG...)
4: Back to #2.

It all comes down to this: "There isn't enough money to be made in this game for WWE, CI, M. Foley, and whoever would buy the licenses needed to make the deal worthwhile."

Unless you won the lottery last night, and don't really want the money...  :o

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 06:15:16 AM »
I have NO idea why it wont accept Revo cards, my friend designed it before Revo was introduced.  Maybe it doesnt have a template for Antics, or targets, or the other Revo card types, and it freaks out and doesnt accept them?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »
Ah, we go to stage 2: denial.  As I said, we get this every couple months.  After the initial 'Raw Deal online?' question, people either accept the answer, or they present Denial.  It comes in two forms: no interest in taking 'no' for an answer, or simple ignorance of corporate business affairs.

I've talked to Mike Foley myself, he is interested in allowing the Raw Deal engine to be used IF there is a business plan.  If you are MAKING MONEY, he will allow it so he can make some money from his design.  That IS, after all, why people are in business.  ;)  Since no one would want to PAY just to play Raw Deal Online, this plan fails in stage one.

I haven't talked to Comic Images, but they are absolutely out of the CCG business.  They tried with Conan, that flopped, they tried a joint venture on Stargate CCG - they wouldn't even reprint the original set when it sold out everywhere.  They just don't care.  However, they do want to MAKE MONEY, and might be willing to share their interests in Raw Deal for a price.  (Note that we aren't talking about "Let's take up a collection, everybody chip in!" kind of money here.)

And then you have the WWE.

They were not interested in promoting their product through a successful card game in the early 2000s when Raw Deal was making good money.  So no, a big corporation is not going to hand out a license, even if it isn't making money, for free - again, the rights are not 'if we all put in some cash' kind of money.

And even if someone like me got all of the money necessary from winning the lottery or something...  now all you have are RIGHTS.  The permissions.  The ability to 'not get sued' if you make this.  You still have to load up all of the card information digitally, build an interface, test it extensively and either have a peer-to-peer connection like Lackey... or even more work, you have to have a server that allows connections between players.  Also, you'll want to make sure you aren't creating any internet security loopholes during connections.

This isn't something someone 'just does'.  It takes several months to put together, to program, to test, etc.  Anyone who has the approach of 'nuh-uh!' to this ... well, its like thinking the internet is kept running by magic elves or something, lol.  

Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't understand how people think this is a debatable point.  It would seem pretty obvious to my way of thinking that, if people love Raw Deal enough to keep making it and keep playing it after these years.. if you could 'just make' Raw Deal Online, we'd have done it already.  The fact that no one has should be a good indicator that its just flat not possible.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread, but I try to wrap up this question as quickly as possible to prevent a bunch of posts as people try to 'debate' an issue that isn't debatable, lol.

CREED
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:39:48 AM by CreedP »
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »
I have NO idea why it wont accept Revo cards, my friend designed it before Revo was introduced.  Maybe it doesnt have a template for Antics, or targets, or the other Revo card types, and it freaks out and doesnt accept them?

This is entirely possible. Without getting these things fixed so that it will not only accept REV cards, but all the Virtual cards, it's not worth even using, imo. The interface seems crude, but definitely usable. The color scheme used to identify card types is kinda neat, I guess. As long as it does what it's supposed to do and give players the information they are looking for, then I'm cool with it (even though I do prefer the current db that is being used right now).

The db needs to be completely up to date and the only one that is at this point is the one I posted on the So-Cal board and can be found via link somewhere in this thread. I'm sorry that it's not functioning on the 64-bit Win7 platform, but that is a known issue with the .NET framework. Unless someone can find a work around for this known problem, it is what it is.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
The RAW Deal Database has now been updated. It contains everything from Premier through Virtual Revolution 4 (just finished with spoilers). It can be found under "Files" on the SoCalWWERawDeal Yahoo Groups page. (yes, you must be a member of the group in order to get this file.). Will work on getting the files hosted elsewhere for those who do not wish to sign up to this Yahoo Group.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalWWERawDeal/

As with the previous versions of this db (which is based off of the db first created by Eddie Walker on the Comic Images RD web site), it requires the .Net Framework installation on your PC and doesn't seem to work with Windows 7, 64-bit version of the OS.

I wanna give HUGE props to elech for constantly keeping this db updated with every single card ever made by CI and every single Virtual card done by the RDPC. He has put in a TON of hours adding everything and making data entry corrections, even though he isn't a db programmer.

This is THE most comprehensive db out there and is a MUST use for everyone who plays the game.

Enjoy.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline njbrock22

• +9/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »
The RAW Deal Database has now been updated. It contains everything from Premier through Virtual Revolution 4 (just finished with spoilers). It can be found under "Files" on the SoCalWWERawDeal Yahoo Groups page. (yes, you must be a member of the group in order to get this file.). Will work on getting the files hosted elsewhere for those who do not wish to sign up to this Yahoo Group.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalWWERawDeal/

As with the previous versions of this db (which is based off of the db first created by Eddie Walker on the Comic Images RD web site), it requires the .Net Framework installation on your PC and doesn't seem to work with Windows 7, 64-bit version of the OS.

I wanna give HUGE props to elech for constantly keeping this db updated with every single card ever made by CI and every single Virtual card done by the RDPC. He has put in a TON of hours adding everything and making data entry corrections, even though he isn't a db programmer.

This is THE most comprehensive db out there and is a MUST use for everyone who plays the game.

Enjoy.

VC

good to see the old Leader of Cookeville Corp's legacy lives on thru this, maybe one day those of us left from the game will jump back in here, thanks for keeping it going VC, really helpful for deckbuilding outside of Lackey.

N.J.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 12:28:48 AM »
For those that don't wish to join the SoCal RAW Deal Yahoo Group, you can also get the zip file for the updated database HERE.

Thanks to Creed for hosting the file.  ;)

Hope players can get some good use out of this. Feedback is welcomed.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline Whitescorpion

• I don't read emails and spam Antigoth repeatedly.
  • +1/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »
Out of curiosity, are there any pictures of raw deal classic and revo cards in this?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2012, 09:51:32 PM »
The database has no pictures at all. Keeps file sizes low.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 04:41:28 PM »
New updated DB is now available. It contains everything from Premiere Edition through the just released Virtual 5: Nexus Or Against Us.

It also includes all Revolution releases, including the recently released Virtual Revolution 4ever: No Mercy.

As noted before, this will not work on systems that do not support the .NET Framework.

SoCal RAW Deal Yahoo Groups

Enjoy,
VC
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:44:25 PM by VelaCards »
- Team NBD

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
For those that don't wish to join the SoCal RAW Deal Yahoo Group, you can also get the zip file for the updated database HERE.

Thanks to Creed for hosting the files.  :)

VC
- Team NBD

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
The RAW Deal Database has now been updated (as of 02/28/2014). It contains everything from Premier through Virtual Revolution 6: The Invasion Continues & includes Virtual Survivor Series. It also contains fixes to many errors found, especially with SS2 & SS3 cards.

It can be found under "Files" on the SoCalWWERawDeal Yahoo Groups page. (yes, you must be a member of the group in order to get this file.)

SoCal RAW Deal Yahoo Group

This is THE most comprehensive db out there and is a MUST use for everyone who plays the game. If you find any errors with text, card types, etc. Please drop me a message.

Enjoy.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2014, 07:05:27 PM »
The RAW Deal Database has now been updated (as of 06/10/2014). It contains everything from Premier through the most recent Virtual release & includes Virtual Survivor Series. It also contains fixes to many errors found.

It can be found under "Files" on the SoCalWWERawDeal Yahoo Groups page. (yes, you must be a member of the group in order to get this file.)

SoCal RAW Deal Yahoo Group

This is THE most comprehensive db out there and is a MUST use for everyone who plays the game. If you find any errors with text, card types, etc. Please drop me a message.

Enjoy,
VC
- Team NBD

Offline An-D-D

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2018, 10:14:16 AM »
Hi guys,

Played Raw Deal many years ago when it was first launched.  Have been looking at getting back into it over the last few months, and have finally taken the plunge and ordered some cards!

Stumbled across this forum in the process of researching the current state of play.  Would love to have this database for reference, but I'm not a member of the Yahoo group (doesn't seem to be used anymore?) - checked the Facebook page but couldn't find any reference to the database.

Could someone be kind enough to upload and share the database somewhere?

Cheers,
Andy

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2018, 10:34:36 AM »
The best active (and updated) database is lackey, the one one on the yahoo group doesn't have any of the virtual cards in it, once you get used to lackey it really is an INVALUABLE resource!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:04:20 PM by VelaCards »
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!