Author Topic: Raw Deal Database  (Read 13191 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Deal Database
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 09:10:36 AM »
GREAT to see the database updated!  I do wish we could alter the program itself, it gets annoying opening the same boxes every time, not to mention 9 times out of 10, I'd rather start in All Axxess mode instead, haha.

But this will be a HUGE help when researching stuff, no more 'use the database, then look through all the Virtual spoilers' lol.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Coming Dec. 25

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 12:23:29 PM »
Everyone, please LMK if there are any errors or missing cards. - Enjoy!  :)

Ric, will there be a link on the RDP web site as well?

Thanks,
VC

P.S. Files have also been uploaded to the So-Cal RAW Deal Yahoo Group.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalWWERawDeal/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:37:09 PM by VelaCards »
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »
Getting an error that the components needed fror the db are not installed. X64 Windows 7.  What's the system requirements of this db?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 12:53:56 PM »
Getting an error that the components needed fror the db are not installed. X64 Windows 7.  What's the system requirements of this db?

The requirements are nothing different than what the original db was created. The updates were done on Win7. Only thing done with the db was add the new data. Nothing from the old db was changed.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline kingofkings_909

• +29/-46
  • Mr. RAW Deal Price Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »
This is AWESOME!
Check out my trade list HERE!:
http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,7654.0.html

The proud owner of EVERY Superstar Specific card from EVERY set for EVERY Superstar!

102-0 in the buying/selling and trading section

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 06:20:10 AM »

The requirements are nothing different than what the original db was created. The updates were done on Win7. Only thing done with the db was add the new data. Nothing from the old db was changed.

VC

I'll be honest; I never tried to run the old DB on this computer, as it broke for my last one as well.  Here's the error I'm seeing:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.Inte ropServices.COMExce ption (0x800A0E7A): Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.
   at ADODB.ConnectionCla ss.Open(String ConnectionString, String UserID, String Password, Int32 Options)
   at WindowsApplication1 .Editor.Editor_Load (Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Eddie Walker\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Raw Deal Database 2\Raw Deal Database 2\Editor.vb:line 40
   at System.Windows.Form s.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Form s.Control.CreateCon trol(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Form s.Control.CreateCon trol()
   at System.Windows.Form s.Control.WmShowWin dow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Form s.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Form s.Control.ControlNa tiveWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Form s.NativeWindow.Call back(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Emphasis is mine. 

Who's Eddie Walker and why is this program looking for his profile?
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

Offline wildmage

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:19 AM »
Eddie Walker was the DB's original designer. Why it's looking for his profile I have no idea. The original never had that issue that I know of.
Mike Knight
Central Massachusetts Manager

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »
Raw Deal DB question: Is there something I need to change in order for the Name/Text Search function to show cards from all sets and not just Revolution?
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »
Yes, click the 'Mode' at the top - BEFORE you start opening the other boxes, or they'll vanish - and change from Revolution to All Axxess.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline The P6 Peep

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-39
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »

Im gettin gthe same error message, I am also running x64 Windows 7

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline The P6 Peep

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-39
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:24 PM »
This thread was originally started by Rio D, who last December was kind enough to share the database copy his friend had updated that went through No Way Out. The creator of that database (version 2.4) was David Blaszak. His version of the database is very easy to use and even color coordinated for quick reference and is an updated version of the original Data Base that was released by Comic Images.

The database that Eddie Walker created and that was released as Raw Deal database 2 on the Comic Images website was much more difficult to use and more time consuming. And that's the software that was recently updated and now available through this thread.

Does anyone know if the original Database version made by David Blaszak has been updated to include Revolution or Virtual?

- The P6 Peep

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 06:26:46 PM »

Im gettin gthe same error message, I am also running x64 Windows 7

Wish I knew what the solution was, guys. The db was updated not by me, but by a friend of mine. I simply provided him all the text from each release via a Word doc and he copied and pasted it (card by card, of course) into the db.

Not to take away from what he has done for the db, but I don't think he's a db programmer or an expert at debugging apps. I'll let him know and maybe he'll surprise me.  ;D

But the issue doesn't seem to be happening to everyone. I know on 2 different PCs here in my house it works just as it's supposed to, so I'm not sure.

Perhaps some on these boards can be of better assistance?

VC
- Team NBD

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
I have a working knowledge of troubleshooting code.  Send me the source (my Yahoo ID on this TCO account is my primary E-mail address) and I'll look.  It looks like it's just a bad hardcode reference.  If you stripped the path off of it it should work.

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:57 AM »

Does anyone know if the original Database version made by David Blaszak has been updated to include Revolution or Virtual?

No it has not been.  One of the main reasons I posted that database was to see if anyone could help update it.  Dave will not do it....

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »
I have a working knowledge of troubleshooting code.  Send me the source (my Yahoo ID on this TCO account is my primary E-mail address) and I'll look.  It looks like it's just a bad hardcode reference.  If you stripped the path off of it it should work.

I'm not sure what source you are looking for, as all the files I have are in that zip folder for the db. If I email you anything, it will be all the files I have on hand, which is exactly what is in that folder players can use.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  :(

VC
- Team NBD

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
UPDATE: The file folder that the db is in should also already have an error log and/or list of known issues. Anyone who has any knowledge of how to get this fixed for those who are having issues, feel free to chime in. Once corrected, I'd like to get the files sent back to me so I can get them uploaded to both RDP and the So-Cal boards.

Thanks,
VC
- Team NBD

Offline TonsofFun

• +2/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 08:13:20 PM »
I'm getting the same error as BigPimpin. For what it's worth, I've never been able to run the database on this computer (also Win 7 64-bit).

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »
I'm getting the same error as BigPimpin. For what it's worth, I've never been able to run the database on this computer (also Win 7 64-bit).

Wow! Well that makes 3 different users using the same OS having the same problem. Funny thing is, I'm using that same system on both PCs that I have run it on. At least, I believe they are. I know both are running Win 7 (Ultimate edition).

Is there anyone here that can take a look at the files I have provided and see if they can debug the issue?

Thanks,
VC
- Team NBD

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 05:06:01 AM »
Is your Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit?  Where did you put your Raw Deal Database?

Can you search your computer(s) for a file called Editor.vb and see if it's there?

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 10:16:27 AM »
Is your Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit?  Where did you put your Raw Deal Database?

Can you search your computer(s) for a file called Editor.vb and see if it's there?

Yes, it is 32-bit. I have the 64-bit disc as well, but did not install that version (on any system).

As for the file, I did not find it on my system(s). Understand, that the db was not updated using my pc either. I simply sent Word docs to a friend who updated the db. I can ask him to look for that file and send it to me.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
I'd say that pretty definitively proves that it's a 64-bit compatibility issue, since it works fine on Win7 32-bit but goes belly-up on 64.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:26 PM »
I could talking out my arse here, but I could have sworn I saw some issue with 64-bit compatibility with .NET somewhere.... 

CREED

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
I could talking out my arse here, but I could have sworn I saw some issue with 64-bit compatibility with .NET somewhere.... 

CREED

Yeah, I believe I have heard the same thing, possibly in another thread. Sorry guys. Wish there was something more I could do for you.

Everyone else who can view the updated db, are you finding any known issues? Missing cards, text, etc?

Thanks,
VC
- Team NBD

Offline The P6 Peep

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-39
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 06:19:27 AM »

CREED

Yes, this is true. I just went to the old Comic Images website and clicked on the database link. It asks you to first install .NET Framework before installing Eddie Walker's version of the database. When you attempt to do this it gives you an error stating that .NET Framework is not compatible with 64-bit operating systems.

So that pretty much explains it. If you don't have a 32-bit operating system, you will not be able to run the newly updated database. Therefore, I will be taking on the monumental task of updating the original database for use on all 64-bit operating systems. Anyway to get on the TCO payroll? ....ha! just kidding, I know there's no payroll. I'll check in monthly to let you know my progress.

-The P6 Peep
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:41:17 PM by drjschell »

- The P6 Peep

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 12:29:39 PM »

CREED

Yes, this is true. I just went to the old Comic Images website and clicked on the database link. It asks you to first install .NET Framework before installing Eddie Walker's version of the database. When you attempt to do this it gives you an error stating that .NET Framework is not compatible with 64-bit operating systems.

So that pretty much explains it. If you don't have an older computer, you will not be able to run the newly updated database.

Actually, has nothing to do with an "old computer". Windows 7 was released as a 32-bit and a 64-bit OS. My systems just happen to have the 32-bit version. Nothing really old about them.  ;)

Also, can someone please send me the files for the old db. I'm pretty sure I can do some merging/transferring/dumping of info from the current db into that one. At least, it's worth looking into without having to have someone go through all the work of data entry.

Just sayin'

VC
- Team NBD