Author Topic: Damn bastard phony traders  (Read 2782 times)

Offline cruehitman

• +3/-6
    • View Profile
Damn bastard phony traders
« on: October 15, 2011, 08:06:06 PM »
I just wanted to drop a little rant. This site has a policy where you have to post at least 25 times before you can gain access to trade. I understand why it's being done, and don't have a problem with it... I come to the site to meet up with like-minded people who enjoy gaming, especially of course, Raw Deal. I've only been a member for a few days, but I've read a lot of great stuff, had questions answered, talked about gaming and even movies in general.

What ticks me off though, is there is a reason the 25 post before trading policy is in place. And it's the damn POS traders... or should I say faux-traders! I've made trades on several sites and had excellent feedback each and every time. I make sure to go out of my way to treat the package I'm sending out in the same way I would want to receive it if I was getting something I really wanted. I have excellent communication throughout the process as well. But because so many of these other bastards out there want to rip people off, it causes problems, hiccups, etc for all the good traders out there.

All of you trying to rip off other people need to get a damn life. I like trading with others. It gives someone else a chance to possibly get involved in a game they really want for the first time, help them complete a collection, whatever. Instead, it's become almost a high risk proposition anymore. I myself have wondered a time or two if maybe I'm getting ripped off. Maybe a few days go by and you don't hear from the person you're dealing with. Used to be no big deal. Something probably came up. Nowadays though, you start to wonder... it's not fair, but it's become the nature of the beast. I don't like it. I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't like it. But I guess we are stuck dealing with it! Thanks a lot you ignorant thieving bastards! I almost put you in the same category as those idiots that sit around all day creating viruses for computers.

Anyway... just wanted to let off some steam... lol

Offline alonsocwj

• +37/-21
    • View Profile
Re: Damn bastard phony traders
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 07:26:06 AM »
Relax bro, I know how you feel now, I earned my access the hard way too. But if you are not a phony trader, why worry? Once you have proven yourself, eventually access will come. Patience is key, my friend. Hope to see you have access one day. I looking forward to trading with you. Cheers
Once a raw deal player, always a raw deal player

Offline cruehitman

• +3/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:30:17 AM »
Don't get me wrong... I'm not stressed about getting access. I know it'll finally come. I'm just ticked about policies like this being needed at all. And the only reason it is, is because so many people have shafted good people. It's just a sad status about how things are nowadays.... that's all!  ;D

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
I don't think he's worried about access, he's just annoyed with scam jockeys. I have been fortunate enough to have so many references that I can require the other guy to send first. When a scam jockey doesn't send to I only lose time wasted or other trades missed that I could have made. Other people actually lose cards or money.  I would really be pissed if that happened to me.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Scotty

• +50/-43
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:08:19 AM »
I was scammed the very first trade I made on TCO many, many years ago. Since this policy has been put in, I haven't seen many negatives, so I feel it is working.

The fact that the community is MUCH smaller now too, allows most of us to know each other - not only by screen name, but by first name.

The 25 post rule allows all of the current users to help get to know the new member of the family and build trust. Welcome to the community!

Offline cruehitman

• +3/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
Thanks... I really like the community. I checked out a few other forums for Raw Deal, but couldn't find much that I liked. But I'm enjoying my time here on this board. A lot of helpful people. And it's a great place to just chill and shoot the proverbial sh*t!  :D

John

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 04:51:48 AM »
well the system here works on trust so unless you want to get some escrow service involved there will always be risk
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline thebigticket69

• +3/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
ive been a member here for a short while, have enough posts and requested access to trade/buy/sell, is there anything more i need to do in order to be granted that access?

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 11:01:57 PM »
Just continue to contribute meaningful posts and it will come.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Jdash84

• +1/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 02:38:23 PM »
A wrestling figure forum has this same policy in place as well. It works!

Offline drjschell

• +16/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 03:23:57 AM »
I've been a member of TCO for over a year now, and I've completed around 7 trades, all mutually successful.

I think the 25 post rule works and protects us. I also think the rule helps to generate more Raw Deal commentary and discussion needed for TCO to thrive and keep people involved. It also helps new members get a chance to get to know the active and veteren members and vice versa.

But more importantly than the 25 post rule protecting traders, I think the smaller Raw Deal community is made up of the 'True' loyal and dedicated wrestling and Raw Deal fans that IMO, are really special people that didn't abandon the game when CI stopped printing. And because of that, we are much more close knit and trustworthy in trades.

Afterall, why would anyone want to take advantage of or harm the only remaining Raw Deal group that truly helps keep the game 'alive' (with the exception of those few losers who don't care about the game and are only interested in scamming us to trade away our cards for free so they can turn around and try to sell them back to us on ebay or wherever, just to make a fast buck or two  >:().

I feel our participation in this site, along with the leadership and creativity of the TCO staff, has created a 'home' for all of us surviving Raw Deal players. It's a shame that the community is so small these days. I have clicked on the TCO MEMBERS tab and have seen that they are 900+ TCO members listed, however I have only seen less than a 100 active over the past year. The reason it's a shame is because with the release of the Virtual Sets, the game is more fun, balanced, competitive and entertaining than it's ever been since the day Barron and Mike first created it.

I for one, am truly appreciative that I found you guys. It's nice to know  that others still feel passion for the greatest ccg ever created too.  :)

-The P6 Peep

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +311/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 03:34:19 AM »
The reason it's a shame is because with the release of the Virtual Sets, the game is more fun, balanced, competitive and entertaining than it's ever been since the day Barron and Mike first created it.

I don't want to take anything away from Barron and Mike. I am absolutely, 100% sure that if they were working in the environment that Creed and I and everyone else involved with the Virtual sets are working in, without WWE overseeing what can and can't be in the set, that they would have produced sets that would blow the Virtual cards out of the water.

Really, we should be grateful about what they were able to accomplish with their licensor watching over their shoulder, telling them what they could and couldn't print.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline drjschell

• +16/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 12:24:12 PM »
The reason it's a shame is because with the release of the Virtual Sets, the game is more fun, balanced, competitive and entertaining than it's ever been since the day Barron and Mike first created it.

Really, we should be grateful about what they were able to accomplish with their licensor watching over their shoulder, telling them what they could and couldn't print.

true, very true Daeva.

I wonder who had that job over at WWE? Who was looking through all the potential Raw Deal cards saying 'yah' or 'nah'?

I've also always wondered why WWE never gave a 'shout out' to help promote Raw Deal on any of their broadcasts or dvds? It was around for over 7 years.  ???

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that when I went to fanfest for Wrestlemania 17 in Houston in April 2001, that I saw Barron and Mike or some Raw Deal representative set up in a vendor booth handing out promos and maybe even selling Raw Deal to promote the game in it's infantile stage. Am I imagining that, or did that happen? Does anybody know?

The P6 Peep

- The P6 Peep

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +157/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that when I went to fanfest for Wrestlemania 17 in Houston in April 2001, that I saw Barron and Mike or some Raw Deal representative set up in a vendor booth handing out promos and maybe even selling Raw Deal to promote the game in it's infantile stage. Am I imagining that, or did that happen? Does anybody know?

The P6 Peep

I can tell you that they did indeed set up at the Fan Fest (All Axxess) for WM 2000 in Anaheim, California. Alan (CI President) handed me a set of Rock and Stone Cold WM Exclusive decks and they didn't have any product to sell. Only information packets.

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline drjschell

• +16/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »

The P6 Peep

I can tell you that they did indeed set up at the Fan Fest (All Axxess) for WM 2000 in Anaheim, California. Alan (CI President) handed me a set of Rock and Stone Cold WM Exclusive decks and they didn't have any product to sell. Only information packets.

VC

Well I'm pretty sure they would have sent someone out to the next years Wrestlemania too. Good, so it's good to know my memory isn't completely gone, lol. I think at the time I was too distracted to process memories properly cause while I was running all over fanfest with my girlfriend (later to become my wife), I had whipped around real quick to see something and I had physically collided with Lita  :-*. She had like 3 big body guards with her, I assume they were taking her over to or from an autograph session, and they were looking at me like they wanted to crush me, lol. I told her I was sorry and she said no problem and ran off. Later that day, my wife got up on stage with the Hardy Boys and had a hoola hoop contest against them, lol. My wife won of course. I remember we got a bunch of free stuff for it and the Matt and Jeff hugged her. I also saw Raven and Trish Stratus. Anyways, that's my only fanfest story for anyone bored enough to read this, lol.

-The P6 Peep

- The P6 Peep