Author Topic: 2011 GenCon Updates  (Read 13158 times)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
Re: 2011 GenCon Updates
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »
By the way, Iowa will show up in a BIG way next year.  I keep calling it the official RAW DEAL Reunion.

I wanna see hundreds of Raw Dealers there.

If I'm not there as an exhibitor, I'll actually play in Worlds next year.
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 04:31:27 PM »
By the way, Iowa will show up in a BIG way next year.  I keep calling it the official RAW DEAL Reunion.

Oh ya, I can taste the Waffle House now, the musty smell of the Econo Lodge and the always fowl smell of gamers :)
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Oh ya, I can taste the Waffle House now, the musty smell of the Econo Lodge and the always fowl smell of gamers :)

Yeah well I am one of the few gamers that shower. Mostly because I call myself a former gamer, If you go to the bigger poker tournaments, they get funky too.

You cant forget the smell of White Castle.... and it's aftermath,.   :)
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »
Yeah, but Johnny Rocket's in the mall is awesome!!!

Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline Mitch!

• Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

Yeah well I am one of the few gamers that shower. Mostly because I call myself a former gamer, If you go to the bigger poker tournaments, they get funky too.

You cant forget the smell of White Castle.... and it's aftermath,.   :)

We thought someone died off White Castle, and we all felt sick we don't touch it after that
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2011, 07:06:42 PM »
There is a secret to White Castle. That secret is the chicken rings. They are awesome.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »
There is a secret to White Castle. That secret is the chicken rings. They are awesome.

QFMFT & +1 Cowbell

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:49 PM »
Gen con was fantastic and I want to congratulate my friend and partner in crime Drew for winning like the champ he is. I was happy to see new people and everyone was a class act and was a pleasure to play against.

That being said I feel the loss of my title weighing on my mind.  I will be back next year and I will rain down upon my opponent  in such a way that no one will be able to weather the storm. If you thought some of past decks were cheesy or broken you haven't seen anything.

Drew I love you like a brother but there is a clock ticking down till the belt put around my waist.
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
I think a Title vs. Mask match would be hilarious, lol

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »
Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, Frankie's gonna be there next year?

I think it's time for me to come out of retirement! Next year should be one amazing series of events!

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »
Well, I just want everyone to know that I'm already planning on prize support for next year. I just came from a meeting with John Morrison and Melina at their home and mentioned RAW Deal to them and all the prize support I try to provide. John was excited about it and gave me a couple of items to hand out for next year, autographed of course!

I might even make the trip myself, maybe not to play, but to definitely help hand out prizes!  ;D

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:54 PM »
I might even make the trip myself...

This would definitely lock me in to attending!

Offline AoTF Jon

• I used to be tripleh1mptHHH..
  • +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2011, 12:05:02 AM »
I'm really happy that D2 didn't need to use my speed-dial for any rulings, I'm running on 2 hours' sleep and he'd probably have to read me the cards over our cell phones.  :laugh:

Nope he just called me lol. Felt good to help even though I wasn't there.
YES I wanted to win damn it cause I'm a Belt Mark!!!

I Need the Belt Don't give me a Raise I'll Just take the Belt.

I'll wear it and nothing else to Church on Sunday.

CM Punk talking about Triple H

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2011, 12:35:11 AM »
Well, I just want everyone to know that I'm already planning on prize support for next year. I just came from a meeting with John Morrison and Melina at their home and mentioned RAW Deal to them and all the prize support I try to provide. John was excited about it and gave me a couple of items to hand out for next year, autographed of course!

I might even make the trip myself, maybe not to play, but to definitely help hand out prizes!  ;D

VC

Effing right Donkey! Thats AWESOME!!!

I have sold my belt/super cards over the years but I stiill have my master collection... So I can play if I have too :) I am coming out of retirement too.. I miss this game too darn much. A few matches up in the quad cities/eastern Iowa area and I should be able to take on anything lol!!!!

The next year cant come soon enough!
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline Phenominal1

• TCO Donor
  • +17/-17
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 04:02:03 AM »
Maybe next year, if another random draft is done, the vendors wont hold their good Product like ss3 boosters until the last day...
Jake Knight

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/j_knight2002/m.html?item=221344389684&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562"> Check out My Ebay for more Raw Deal and wrestling related items!</a>

Offline frehocc

• 2005 Raw Deal World Champion
  • TCO Donor
  • +221/-179
  • I think I just had an evilgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »
Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, Frankie's gonna be there next year?

I think it's time for me to come out of retirement! Next year should be one amazing series of events!

Gimme a HELL YEAH!!
Suckiest card... EVER... Frankie Takes Hollywood. Sucks so hard it is practically a black hole.
God of War gives it: 2 blades of chaos down

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2011, 07:47:19 AM »
I'm so stoked for next year! A former champion from overseas, last year's champion talking smack, the Iowans (sp?) claiming to come in full force, the best Raw Deal manager and probably best Revolution player I know plans to come as well, I can't wait to defend! I'm so excited I'm putting together a trade list for all my ideas.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 08:05:56 AM »
Beg, borrow, or steal.. hitchhike, bus, or yellow cab... I'm GOING to be at GenCon next year.

Since, you know, the world's supposed to end in 2012 and all that.. we might as well go out with a big Raw Deal bang, haha!

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Scotty

• Card Designer
  • +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 08:33:32 AM »
Beg, borrow, or steal.. hitchhike, bus, or yellow cab... I'm GOING to be at GenCon next year.

CREED

Good God, don't cab. I took a ten minute ride this morning and it cost me $25. I'm not even in a large city, like Toronto or LA, where the starting fee is $20 :P. Insane.

Back to topic, I've never been to any Con, planned on going the first year Raw Deal died, but it never came through. Now that I live on the west coast, it's more expensive, but definately something I will keep in mind. It'd be a blast!

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
It was nice to meet everyone.  Thanks to Crasher for the match and the friendly advice on how to improve my Kane deck.   
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2011, 09:49:10 AM »
It was nice to meet everyone.  Thanks to Crasher for the match and the friendly advice on how to improve my Kane deck.   

Anytime.... in my eyes Virtual Kane is one of the top 5 most busted decks in the game right now, but if you're gonna use him, use him all out....then get all your friends mad at you, and you put it back in the box till next year in Indy!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
Good God, don't cab. I took a ten minute ride this morning and it cost me $25. I'm not even in a large city, like Toronto or LA, where the starting fee is $20 :P. Insane.

Well, if I said 'carjacking' I might be a suspect, so I needed some third option there.. :P

CREED

Offline AoTF Jon

• I used to be tripleh1mptHHH..
  • +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
If our situation improves both Myself and Amber are gonna be there. If Possible I'd like to have dinner with the old crew just to catch up. Sadly I don't know if I'll be doing Raw Deal unless I get knocked out of the YCS early.
YES I wanted to win damn it cause I'm a Belt Mark!!!

I Need the Belt Don't give me a Raise I'll Just take the Belt.

I'll wear it and nothing else to Church on Sunday.

CM Punk talking about Triple H

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »
It would sure be nice to do a big tournament somewhere that people might want to visit. I'd love to go, but paying for a flight and hotel in Indianapolis is pretty spendy for a town I have no desire to visit. I loved doing worlds during Wrestlemania because it gave me an event and some pro baseball games to hit while I was there. I'm not saying don't do anything at Gencon, but let's do an event in Chicago, Orlando, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, or during Wrestlemania to help justify travel expenses.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline Mitch!

• Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
If our situation improves both Myself and Amber are gonna be there. If Possible I'd like to have dinner with the old crew just to catch up. Sadly I don't know if I'll be doing Raw Deal unless I get knocked out of the YCS early.

I could try to find some starter decks and we could set up some drunken aussie :)
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal