Author Topic: (Spoilers) MITB Results  (Read 5749 times)

Offline tutoman

• +12/-12
    • View Profile
Re: (Spoilers) MITB Results
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Cena suposed to be ''fired'' now?. Does this mean that not only did they give Danielson MITB, Punk and Christian a title, but they also will keep Cena out of the show for some time?.

Queensryche

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtM-rEWrS9A

You know... it's actually not a bad song by itself... and the fact that they'll play it live at a major festival? That says something.

I think it was already one of Killswitch's most well-known songs before WWE began using it. I'm not sure.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »
I think they did it just for WWE. It was originally for Orton. He even used it on Raw once then switched back the next week. Then Punk got it

Offline rkro

• +5/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 02:34:55 AM »
No it was around well before that, I used to listen to them

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 05:41:45 AM »
This is the best PPV in the past decade. You need to BUY this. WWE deserve to be paid for something of THIS QUALITY!

Also....told you guys weeks ago. I kinda thought somehow I'd be seeing Punk/Cena for the WWE title in Chicago at ROH.....now looks like I might. Tee-hee. I have a hot, hot ticket.

Also right after midnight...CM Punk sent this tweet out:

The Champ is Here: http://yfrog.com/kkb09zyj
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline SmartAssAssassin

• post whoererere
  • +100/-100
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:34 AM »
Best PPV I've seen in possibly the last 5 years.

I'm impressed through and through, and haven't gotten that many results that I've wanted in a long time.

I like the booking of Vince calling down Del Rio, and Punk laying him out.

Smart booking all around, and as this thread is proving, it's lighting the wrestling world afire.

Congrats to the WWE for stepping up.

For those that haven't watched the PPV, seriously watch the PPV. Yes, there are some blown spots, but all in all, it was wrestling. Pure wrestling. Watching Cena and Punk work the match, it was an old school classic match that was arguably the match of the year.

Sure sounds like it. The past 2 weeks, Raw just TOTALLY took me back like 10 years, to smaller arenas, smaller Titantrons, and the WWF, not the WWE. All i could think during the last 2 raws was how similar it was to The Rock and Stone Cold and Vince and Dx and a show that was hard to predict, crazy, and just genuinely entertaining.

Im dying to watch this pay-per-view, and to see how this all plays out.

Dave

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 07:25:56 AM »
This is the best PPV in the past decade. You need to BUY this. WWE deserve to be paid for something of THIS QUALITY!

While I agree in principle, WWE still hasn't refunded my money for the crapfest that was Wrestlemania, so we'll call it even.. lol

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 07:41:12 AM »
Christian champ
Bryan Danielson MITB
CM Punk champ

This could be what gets me back in wrestling. Hopefully they keep Cena off TV and they do something excellent with the Punk storyline. Will be watching RAW tonight and im hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. Would be nice though watching wrestling and enjoying it after a 6 year break.

Online piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 07:51:44 AM »
I would love to see WWE try to hold a tournament for the "vacant" title, only to have Punk show up with his megaphone and proclaim himself the real champ before security makes him leave ala Matt Hardy.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Queensryche

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 08:09:02 AM »
EDIT: Nevermind, GWD already posted it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:35:34 AM by Queensryche »

Offline Rio D

• +26/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 08:12:21 AM »
I am extremely happy the WWE finally grew a set of booking balls.  I really hope the product will get better as a result.  But I have seen them blow a lot of chances in the past.

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:40 AM »
I am extremely happy the WWE finally grew a set of booking balls.  I really hope the product will get better as a result.  But I have seen them blow a lot of chances in the past.

Like Nexus...

...and the last time Cena was "fired".

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 10:22:06 AM »
Interesting follow-up on Sin Cara being 'taken out' during MITB.... he's just been suspended on a Wellness Policy violation.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 10:32:39 AM »
That should effectively ruin any shot at his WWE future.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 10:56:38 AM »
Interesting follow-up on Sin Cara being 'taken out' during MITB.... he's just been suspended on a Wellness Policy violation.

CREED

That's interesting. I defiantly thought it was a way to take him out of the match and still be "undefeated".

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »

CREED

That's interesting. I defiantly thought it was a way to take him out of the match and still be "undefeated".

Christian defeated Sin Cara on Smackdown a week or so ago.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »

Christian defeated Sin Cara on Smackdown a week or so ago.

Must have missed that one.

Anyways Punk put on twitter he is going to the Cubs Phillies game tonight. I hope it's true and he doesn't show up on RAW tonight.

Online piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
We might see a live feed from Wrigley.

Offline njbrock22

• +9/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »
now to repeat what someone said on Blogtalk that i completely agree with...  the 3 BONEHEADS of the PPV.

Bonehead #3  Daniel Bryan Danielson:

reason:  Christian was knocked near unconcious by the Spanish Announce Table(really this knocked him out not Orton and it no sold how many RKO's 2-3?) PERFECT opportunity to cash in MITB and continue Christian's storyline... but nope... being a traditional Babyface MITB holder and probably gonna cash it in 2-3 weeks before a PPV and announce the match FOR said ppv... *sigh*

Bonehead #2  Randy Orton:

Reason:  You know if you get DQ'd or Counted Out you lose the title, so he loses his temper and kicks Christian right square in the nuts... idiot...

Bonehead #1  John Cena

Reason:  You know you'll be fired if you lose the title so just take a cheep win and stop being the boyscout... hell turn HEEL while you're at it and do everyone a favor... again... idiot...

yeah... well at least i got Punk and Christian right on my predictions, wish Killings would have won instead of ADR as he was next in line ANYWAY if Punk won... but eh...

N.J.

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:03 PM »
Just got done watching it. Best PPV I have seen since the first One Night Stand. I am DVRing Raw again because of this PPV...

And I am going on wweshop to buy a crap... Yeah thats right I am buying a CM Punk shirt.

Wasnt really too much of a fan of his till his "Stone Cold" moment. But now since HHH isn't on the tube, and Kennedy is now Mr. Anderson and Santino is wrestling the dark matches I need someone to root for :)

Oh yeah and the Best in the world T-shirt isnt on WWEshop.com...... Way lose some money WWE :(
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »
now to repeat what someone said on Blogtalk that i completely agree with...  the 3 BONEHEADS of the PPV.

Bonehead #3  Daniel Bryan Danielson:

reason:  Christian was knocked near unconcious by the Spanish Announce Table(really this knocked him out not Orton and it no sold how many RKO's 2-3?) PERFECT opportunity to cash in MITB and continue Christian's storyline... but nope... being a traditional Babyface MITB holder and probably gonna cash it in 2-3 weeks before a PPV and announce the match FOR said ppv... *sigh*

Bonehead #2  Randy Orton:

Reason:  You know if you get DQ'd or Counted Out you lose the title, so he loses his temper and kicks Christian right square in the nuts... idiot...

Bonehead #1  John Cena

Reason:  You know you'll be fired if you lose the title so just take a cheep win and stop being the boyscout... hell turn HEEL while you're at it and do everyone a favor... again... idiot...

yeah... well at least i got Punk and Christian right on my predictions, wish Killings would have won instead of ADR as he was next in line ANYWAY if Punk won... but eh...

N.J.

WWE actually gives us a good PPV in only god knows how long, and people still nitpick? C'mon man, lighten up; no promotion is perfect (ESPECIALLY WWE) give them credit for once.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline njbrock22

• +9/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 05:13:32 PM »
oh i give them credit, i wish TNA could hold a candle to this... Destination X unfortunately is as close as they're going to get to a GOOD PPV this year unless something DRASTIC happens(hint fire bischoff, hogan, sting become a manager only, etc).  But i could do without a few bonehead moves... eh.

N.J.

Online piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »
There is always room for improvement. Reach for the stars.