Author Topic: GLAAD, NAACP, NOW, PETA  (Read 3659 times)

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
  • You don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun!
    • View Profile
GLAAD, NAACP, NOW, PETA
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »
Why does it seem that all of these organizations make a big deal out of trivial matters from time to time?  Why are these organizations that were created to protect certain people/animals from bullying ok with bullying people that don't agree with them. At the heart and the beginning they all represent noble causes. What goes wrong that changes or at least masks the cause?

Money, money, money, money

As society evolves, many of the issues that they fight for get resolved. When the "war" is over they become irrelevant. People won't donate to fight a war that's over. That means that the cash cow will stop rolling. Think about it, would you know who Jesse Jackson was if there was not racism?  Would Jesse Jackson have as much wealth with out it? I certainly don't think so. There is a lot of money to be lost so these groups need to either a. keep finding examples of why they are needed and exploit them (CM Punk). B. Create a new controversy (NAACP has colored people in their acronym, but at some point colored people
Became derogatory?)

The media loves this kind of stuff because it sucks us in. We eat spoon after spoon of these horsecrap stories because they initiate a reaction out of us and get us to want more. I'm guilty of this, for a "who cares" issue I sure have a lot to say.

The bottom line is people are different. There is right and wrong, but that varies from each person. It's ok to dissent from popular opinion and people are hypocrites.
"I was Rowdy before rowdy was cool!"

Offline ins9145

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
Re: GLAAD, NAACP, NOW, PETA
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
Well said sir, well said.
One of the, if not the, oldest person here!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
There is a lot of money to be lost so these groups need to either a. keep finding examples of why they are needed and exploit them (CM Punk).

I completely agree with this.  When the World Wildlife Foundation sued the WWE over the name and logo, it seemed completely retarded.  As if someone is going to show up to Raw expecting to see panda bears.

But hey, they get their name in the paper, so they might seem a little more relevant.  Sheesh.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Scotty

• +50/-43
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »

...it seemed completely retarded. 

You probably just pissed someone off, fyi.  ;)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »
If I get through a day and I haven't pissed off someone, somewhere... I wonder what I did wrong...  :P

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:26:53 PM »
As if someone is going to show up to Raw expecting to see panda bears.

What? You mean I don't get wrestling Pandas?

/offtopic

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
Here is my .02

An organization needs A constant stream of cash in order to survive. Ether they get it from the government, private donations or from selling a good or service... You also need to advertise.. What is the easiest way to advertise for free? The media! They get their point across and the media will take whatever side they want as well. Any organization, whether for profit or no still hires people to do a service, if they don't get their money they will have to lay people off, and for the sake of their job and or money people will do ANYTHING!

For example the head of Go Daddy.com shot an elephant in Africa that was trampling villagers, destroying livestock and crops. It was a general nuisance and it was hurting people. He came in, shot the animal, and the meat was given to the villagers to sustain them. He got no trophies other than a picture taken of the animal, the animal was put down humanely and its body was put to good use.  Seems OK right? Peta stepped in, boycotted Go Daddy sent several letters and basically blasted this guy, who in his mind thought he was doing the right thing. Peta suggested that they should have relocated the animal instead of killing it, the response was "OK and what do we do when the animal tramples another person near the location we move it to?" PETA also suggested that he donate $10,000 to them for this offense and they would stop boycotting Go Daddy.... THAT'S EXTORTION! Go Daddy also did the web service for PETA, to which the founder said, well they are extorting me for more money than we EVER made off them... They can boycott us all they want.

GLADD and the NAACP are the biggest Hippocrates out there IMHO.  Any person who uses a gay slur gets blasted by GLADD and any person who uses the N-word gets blasted by the NAACP. Double standards are by the very definition Hypocritical. The T.V. show The Boondocks uses the N-word in almost every episode, but since its produced by African-Americans you hear nothing from NAACP. Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld) used it in a rage onstage after being heckled and it becomes an international TOP STORY. GLADD isn't as bad but they are getting there. Things are just getting out of hand. I would love to find a person, or even the person that got heckled at that WWE event and ask him if HE was offended. GLADD didn't seem very concerned about that, just that the gay slur was spoken....  

It's so true, you have no say anymore if you are White, Straight, Middle class, and Christian..... Unless you are a biggot... *sigh*

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:14:37 PM by BigJohnStudd »
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline P_Barney

• +15/-127
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
No matter what you say, if everyone in the world were to here it someone out the would be pissed at you for saying it. It's getting more rediculous every year but there is nothing any of us can do about it. People can call me racist all they want but I refuse to be the level of politicaly correct that everyone thinks the world should be. The people who want me to say caucasion, african-american, learning impared, & happy holidays can kiss my ass! You're black, i'm white, he's retarted, & merry f%#$ing Christmas!!!

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 02:59:55 PM »
I prefer to be known as a Raw Deal American, or a Team Canada Online American :)

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +75/-67
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 04:34:18 PM »
I prefer to be known as a Raw Deal American, or a Team Canada Online American :)

Do you fight for the right of every man?
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
I fight for what's right, fight for your life!

Offline Turd Ferguson

• +19/-41
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »
I fight for what's right, fight for your life!

<Insert generic 80s guitar riffs here>

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 07:55:52 AM »
I agree this is ridiculous and needed to not be nearly this big of a deal. But, controversy makes money and that is what the world is all about. Oh, and Big John, its GLAAD not GLADD, I don't think the Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Dentists and Doctors give a crap about what happens on professional wrestling.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »
lol, I think my computer "fixed" it for me.... Wow... I didnt know there was a GLADD? You know you learn stuff every day.
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile

Offline Antigoth

• TCO's Weapon X
  • Administrator
  • +243/-164
  • Order Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Team Canada Online
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »

Offline piperspitt

• TCO Donor
  • +373/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »
Well I think homophobia is an oft misused term. I don't believe very many have fear of homosexuality. The word is thrown at anybody who disagrees with anything that the gay community supports. It's supposedly a slur to call somebody a homo, shouldn't it be a slur to call somebody a homophobe as well? Most people aren't against the gay community, but they aren't necessarily for them either. That doesn't make them homophobes.