Author Topic: Home Team Questions  (Read 998 times)

Offline allanglorious

• Singapore
  • +3/-4
    • View Profile
    • Raw Deal Singapore
Home Team Questions
« on: July 03, 2011, 12:14:27 AM »
Is it correct that Home Team can only play Tag Team Belts ? Because their SSA DID NOT state that they may not play any belts except the tag team title belt.

When using Home Team's Ability to take a Fan Favourite/Heat Card from ringside pile to my hand , will it cause the other FF/heat cards to be out of the game?

appreciate if anyone could verify my questions, thanks !
http://rawdealsg.proboards.com - For Singapore Players !

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
Re: Home Team Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:31:56 AM »
No they cannot play the Tag belts because their ability doesn't have the text the belts require in the ability.  They are a tag team but, so they can't play little she devil or anything of the sort.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:26:04 AM »
Incorrect, the Home Team is a Tag Team, which means that they can pack the Tag Team Title Belts. Mitch's remarks on She Devil and those sort of cards are correct, but Home Team can pack the Tag Titles, as well as any other titles, as a function of the Tag Team Trait.

As for picking up a Heat card with their Ability...you can't, because it would remove itself from the game first. But any Heat in their Ringside will be removed when they use their Ability, yes.

Lock.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Mitch!

• Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
But they can't play belts that say "Can only be played if you cannot play any title belt except the tag team title belts" since they can pack other belts that are not tag team title belts.
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »
<Trebek> No, I'm sorry, the correct answer was:

Tag Team
-A special classification of Superstars that count as Tag Team Superstars for the purposes of deck construction and card effects. Tag Team Superstars can pack all Title Belt cards, including the Tag Team Title Belts. While they can pack cards that can be packed by Tag Team Superstars, they cannot pack cards with the Tag Team Symbol unless their Superstar card specifically dictates otherwise, as those cards are for Tag-Team format matches.
-A ‘Tag Team Superstar’ specifically has a ‘Tag Team Superstar Ability’ described on their Superstar card, such as Heat Seekers or Mexicools.  Older superstars that depict two superstars but do not have a ‘Tag Team Superstar Ability’ do not have the Tag Team trait (such as Hardy Boyz, Right to Censor), and gain no additional benefit from cards such as USA! USA! USA! or Key Lock.
-A Tag Team Superstar cannot pack cards such as Little She Devil and Stackplex, unless they are used in a Tag Team Format match, or they have the required specific text in their Ability (Dudley Boyz).

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Mitch!

• Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me sir, I had forgotten about that part on the FAQ ><
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »
It's easier for me to remember since I wrote so much of it...   :P  It's kinda like cheating, really!  haha

Anywho, relocking this...

CREED
Loclk
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard