Author Topic: When you thought you had all the answers  (Read 729 times)

Offline alexcluzive

• +1/-7
    • View Profile
When you thought you had all the answers
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:10:37 AM »
When You Thought You Had All the Answers ...
Mid-match Reversal: Trademark Finisher
Cannot be played if your Trademark Finisher is in your Ring area.
May reverse any Trademark Finisher, EVEN if it cannot be reversed. (Yeap!)
Your opponent must shuffle the Trademark Finisher back into his Arsenal and may draw 1. End your opponent's turn.
F: 0 D: 0

I am wondering if WYTYHATA can reverse Volley Finisher, Chain Finisher, and BASH: American Great Style. BUT the card text states, the trademark MUST be shuffled back to the Arsenal. However, the trademark is from backlash. So what will happen to the trademark? OR would WYTYHATA cannot reverse backlash trademark? I checked the omniFAQ but doesnt return any results.

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
Re: When you thought you had all the answers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:18:42 AM »
WYTYHATA is subject to the Most Recent Printing rule, so the card doesn't read like that anymore. That was the Backlash version of the text, but it was reprinted in Survivor Series 2 with different wording.

#142/383 When You Thought You Had All the Answers... (B)
Mid-match Reversal: Trademark Finisher
Cannot be played if a Trademark Finisher is in your Ring area.
Reverse any Trademark Finisher, even if it cannot be reversed, and end your opponent's turn. It is shuffled into his Arsenal and he may draw 1 card.
F: 0      D: 0

The word must no longer appears in this version of the text. When you reverse a Mid-Match TMF with WYTYHATA, the attempt to shuffle into Arsenal fails, and it goes to Ringside.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: When you thought you had all the answers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:38:45 AM »
Correct!

Also, card text like the Backlash version is irrelevant, its a GAME rule that Backlash cards cannot be shuffled into your Arsenal, so text that might indicate otherwise isn't enough.  It would have to actually say 'You may shuffle a Backlash card into your Arsenal' to actually work.

CREED
Lock
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard