Author Topic: Underrated Superstar / Master of Promotion  (Read 768 times)

Offline alexcluzive

• +1/-7
    • View Profile
Underrated Superstar / Master of Promotion
« on: May 30, 2011, 01:41:19 AM »
For example my SSV is 2. I play a underrated superstar. And my opponent plays Master of Promotion.

Underrated Superstar
Pre-match Event
At the end of the Pre-match phase, when your Superstar Value is 2 or less, draw 3 cards. If you are not the player with the lowest Superstar Value, discard 1 card.
Throwback
Active
F: 0 D: 0

Master of Promotion
Pre-match Event
Your opponent chooses one of the following: his Starting Hand Size is -3 and his Superstar Value is +3 once the game begins; he can only play 1 more Pre-match card and the maximum number of Mid-match cards he may have in his Ring area is increased by 1; or the maximum number of Pre-match cards he may have in his Ring area is increased by 1 and you may look at his Backlash deck, choose 2 Mid-match cards, and he discards the cards chosen.
Unique
F: 0 D: 0

Would i be able to draw for my underrated superstar. Because I draw for my underrated superstar at the resolve period. And the SSV +3 is only activated at once the game begin.
Clarification? Thank you.

Offline thelleikvold

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Underrated Superstar / Master of Promotion
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 02:42:28 AM »
Underrated Superstar triggers at the end of pre-match and Master of Promotion does not raise your superstar value until the regular game sequence begins, so yes you do not have to discard a card because your superstar value is still 2 when Underrated triggers.
Allon-sy!!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Underrated Superstar / Master of Promotion
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:29:55 AM »
Yeah, Master of Promotion is worded that way so it doesn't screw over Underrated (among many other things). You'll still get your three cards.

Lock.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.