Author Topic: An idea I came up with yesterday.....  (Read 1207 times)

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
An idea I came up with yesterday.....
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:56:45 AM »
Was thinking about it when I saw some crappy specific moves, that just never get played, but the actual wrestler hit every match.... and got this idea....

Hitting all our Spots -- Pre-Match Event
Can not be packed by Eddie Guerrero, BFM or Mr PPV

All players Maneuvers with their Superstar Logo on them can only be reversed from arsenal (you can pack corners.... you ain't getting the bonus.... your spot ain't someone else's). When a player successfully plays a Maneuver with their logo on it, their opponent may put two non-reversal cards to the bottom of their arsenal.
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Prong1978

• The Stadium - Bay City, MI
  • TCO Donor
  • +163/-103
    • View Profile
Re: An idea I came up with yesterday.....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:17:38 AM »
The part about putting reversals to the bottom of the Arsenal needs to specify where they're coming from (ring, hand, ringside, removed from game).

It's also worth mentioning that the way you have it worded, Eugene gets no benefit along with super star remakes (that's a good thing though).

Still, some superstars like Kane and Triple H might be broken with this.
Original owner of the one and only Kurt Angle Backstage Signature card.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:33:05 AM »
Maybe make in only unique SuperStar specific cards. Or maybe even "non-Trade Mark Finisher unique SuperStar specific maneuvers".

Offline BigJohnStudd

• +67/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:06:39 AM »
Also need to add cannot be paced by The Ultimate Survivor....

How about

"Your first superstar specific card played of the game with your printed logo your opponent cannot respond to."

This way pretty much anyone can pack it with no worries, its good early mid or late game, and there really isnt any need to restrict that card from anyone. It also makes a lot of guys a little more playable (beatings from dudleyville + Bad Blood anyone) :) There should be some drawbacks to that card though
Final World rank 25th
Final 2007 rank (last year of CI keeping tabs... 2nd in the world)

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
I deliberately said your logo so you can't pack a cheesy corner and abuse it....added plus that it works on Eugene.... funny thing happens along the way with my wording... remakes (the Game, YFH, even <R>guys)....all of a sudden don't get the bonus too... hrrmmmm

I have no problem adding TOS to the no-no list too....

my main thought on this was some of the less then good specifics (like Booker's Thrust Kick for example).... they need a way to get played... these guys hit said spots in each match... every match, the letting the guy getting hit by the move to recover 2 cards was the idea of the drawback, but I didn't want them tucking reversals

Let's try version 2:

Hitting all our Spots -- Pre-Match Event
Can not be packed by Eddie Guerrero, BFM, The Ultimate Survivor or Mr PPV

All players Strike, Grapple, Submission or High Risk Maneuvers with their Superstar Logo on them can only be reversed from arsenal or by superstar specific reversals. When a player successfully plays a Maneuver with their logo on it, their opponent may put two non-reversal cards from their ringside to the bottom of their arsenal.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:07:37 PM by CRASHER »

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »
I still think it should only be unique maneuvers. Look at who will get free F with all the non-unique Specifics they had in the last few sets. Kane has his Hellfire Boot, Angle had Angle Uppercut (like that's not hard enough to reverse anyways), Grapple With Your Faith for HBK, Cena has The Chain Gang: Hustle, Loyalty, & Respect, Booker has his Kick. I think there were more? Not to mention on 0F cards that you don't want to almost automatically be played Bring the Hammer Down comes to mind (which can actually be 0F), Edge's Running Spear, Wolverine Sharpshooter. You said the whole point was to make those older crappy SuperStar specifics to be played. Most of those (if not all) were unique, I think all of the newer non-unique ones are fine. Getting the bonus for playing those cards puts it over the top, into probably broken territory IMO.

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 01:39:07 PM »
I still think it should only be unique maneuvers. Look at who will get free F with all the non-unique Specifics they had in the last few sets. Kane has his Hellfire Boot, Angle had Angle Uppercut (like that's not hard enough to reverse anyways), Grapple With Your Faith for HBK, Cena has The Chain Gang: Hustle, Loyalty, & Respect, Booker has his Kick. I think there were more? Not to mention on 0F cards that you don't want to almost automatically be played Bring the Hammer Down comes to mind (which can actually be 0F), Edge's Running Spear, Wolverine Sharpshooter. You said the whole point was to make those older crappy SuperStar specifics to be played. Most of those (if not all) were unique, I think all of the newer non-unique ones are fine. Getting the bonus for playing those cards puts it over the top, into probably broken territory IMO.

Hrmmmm.... how about making it non-chain, heat, volley AND making it fan favorite perhaps?
And maybe adding to it something like "you may not have more then one copy of a superstar specific maneuver in your ring area"

Though I never did think much of Kane's Hellfire Boot, I lump it in the "meh" category of Booker's thrust kick

Before we're done the card's gonna have only three logo's on it  ;D