Author Topic: Pure & Wholesome  (Read 188 times)

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Pure & Wholesome
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
Pure & Wholesome
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed by Gail Kim.
When your opponent would look at your hand or Backlash, you may flip 1 card in your Ring face-down, and then he does not look and you do not discard or move cards from your hand or Backlash for that effect.
You cannot look at his hand.  When you would choose cards from his hand, choose twice as many random cards instead.

How does 'Pure and Wholesome' interact with the following cards:

1. In The Interest Of Fairness (TB)
Pre-match Event
After all players’ Pre-match phases, before the first turn of the game, all players reveal their hands. If you have fewer Reversal cards in your hand than your opponent has in his hand, he shuffles 2 Reversal cards from his hand into his Arsenal and you put 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal.

2. Mind Games
Action
Cannot be reversed if played by Mankind / Cactus Jack / Dude Love.
Look at your opponent’s hand. If you find at least 1 Maneuver card, choose a Maneuver card and your opponent discards the chosen card. Search his Arsenal and put all copies of that card into his Ringside pile. Your opponent then shuffles his

3. Throw Down, Don't Kiss Up
Mid-match Action / Mid-match Reversal: Special
As an action, look at your opponent’s hand, choose any number of Face cards and Fan Favorite cards, and he discards the chosen cards.
As a reversal, reverse any Action card with “BASH” in the title or any Fan Favorite card and end your opponent’s turn.

-----------------

1. In The Interest Of Fairness (TB) - I cannot see my opponents hand, therefore he cannot reveal his hand. Does this card do nothing as it is impossible to tell who has the most reversal cards OR would he have to discard 4 random cards.

2. Mind Games - My opponent discards two random cards. If he was to discard say an ankle lock tb and an a revolution of the mind. Would I then be able to search his hand and arsenal for all copies of both cards or just the ankle lock tb cards.

3. Throw Down, Don't Kiss Up - 'Choose any number of face cards and fan favorite cards,' I cannot look at his hand, what the hell would this card do...
Would it count as 1 card or 2 (a fan favorite and a face) or would it be his hand (infinite possibilities) or does it just do nothing? Before multiplying by 2 and making the cards random.

Any other examples would be welcome. I am just trying to figure out how exactly this card interacts with other cards.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:07:57 AM by The_Wolfpac »

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Pure & Wholesome
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 11:17:20 AM »
I can't answer for Mind Games or Throw Down, but I can help you with Interest.

Look at != Reveal. Pure and Wholesome specifically requires the text "Look at," which does not appear in Interest. Both players reveal their hands, your opponent shuffles 2 reversals (he chooses here, not you, so the last sentence of Pure and Wholesome doesn't trigger either), you bottom a card, and play continues.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »
Mind Games: You get to purge the opponent's Arsenal of both cards that got discarded.

Throw Down: You can choose any number, but you don't know what numbers are legal to choose... except for 0, so you have to pick that. Nothing happens.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 05:54:58 AM »
Cool, thanks. That's how I thought it would work, but just wanted some clarification.