Author Topic: TCO Donations  (Read 2472 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
TCO Donations
« on: June 24, 2018, 11:13:58 AM »
I'm going to sticky this for easy reference in the future, but for those who have asked how they can donate for the efforts to keep Raw Deal going over the years, here's the information.

While I can't accept any donations for Raw Deal without a legal issue, it's certainly legal to support the website we use for it!  :)  So here's the link to the PayPal account for TCO:

TCO PayPal Donation

I've covered the website costs for a while, already paid for the domain renewal - that's the easy part.  However, the site that hosts this forum is significantly more, especially since we kept exceeding our allotted page loads and 'CPU usage', resulting in temporary shutdown, so I had to upgrade our hosting package.  The new costs are:

1 year - $420
2 years - $670
3 years - $880

It's not due for a couple months, but I want to post this now so we have plenty of time.  Covering 1 year is the goal, and we have a big headstart on that thanks to one TCOer's generosity (thanks again!)  But obviously if we can get the discounted rates for more years, then we don't need to bother for a very long time. :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance, rest assured it is GREATLY appreciated.  (...and could curry small favors like gaining a 'TCO Donor' tag if desired)

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: TCO Donations
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:06:56 PM »
Just following up on this, we have just about enough for a 1 year renewal, thank you again guys.

There's still one month to go, so anything further would help keep the doors open another year.  We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again to everyone who's chipped in!

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 09:40:10 AM »
hey, is there a way I can venmo a donation over?? I have two customers who insist on paying me via Venmo, and I'd love to put it to good use (well aside of paying for my ice time!)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:05:39 AM »
I'd literally never heard of Venmo until you asked about it.  I'll try to remember to check on it.

CREED

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 01:07:28 PM »
I'd literally never heard of Venmo until you asked about it.  I'll try to remember to check on it.

CREED

That was honest to God the same reaction I had when the first guy asked me to pay in it  :laugh:

It's a mobile app basically, it's HUGE in the ice hockey community ....heh
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 07:16:31 PM »
Unfortunately, it's about that time again.  Renewal for the hosting company where this website lives will be at the end of November, and thankfully the prices listed in the first post are still the same.

There's a bit in the renewal fund already, but only about $50 so we still have a way to go.  Unfortunately, my funds are rather limited this time around (summer beats up my budget, living in the desert with high electric bills) so I won't have a lot available to cover the difference if we want to keep TCO alive.  But they're offering a 3-month renewal, so we have two options:

1) Donations get us to the 1-year mark and we renew in November.
2) We can renew for 3-months, and revisit this after the holidays in 2020.

Let me know what you guys think, it'd be great to keep TCO alive if we can!

CREED

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
Unfortunately, it's about that time again.  Renewal for the hosting company where this website lives will be at the end of November, and thankfully the prices listed in the first post are still the same.

There's a bit in the renewal fund already, but only about $50 so we still have a way to go.  Unfortunately, my funds are rather limited this time around (summer beats up my budget, living in the desert with high electric bills) so I won't have a lot available to cover the difference if we want to keep TCO alive.  But they're offering a 3-month renewal, so we have two options:

1) Donations get us to the 1-year mark and we renew in November.
2) We can renew for 3-months, and revisit this after the holidays in 2020.

Let me know what you guys think, it'd be great to keep TCO alive if we can!

CREED

If my math is correct (assuming you have $50 even in the lockbox), that put you at $55 needed to get to 2020?

PM me with specific numbers on what's going on.
hXi

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 02:28:28 AM »
Good news / bad news....

Bad first, I was planning a 3-month renew for now, but been very busy with my position at work changing, taking an online music course, being sick, and Gem having another knee surgery.  And it auto-renewed for 1 year, which wiped out my savings/overdraft protection.

Good news, two people made some nice donations that covers almost half of the cost, so I'm not overdrawn, but I'm out about $240 I wasn't planning to spend.  And of course, TCO is renewed for another year, so that's good, heh.

(The frustrating thing is, had I realized when they were processing payment, I'd have switched it to a credit card, but it was still set to bill my debit card.  Argh)

So any donations to help cover the cost would be greatly appreciated, especially that the vote has been cast for us to renew for a year, haha.

CREED

Online Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 02:36:47 AM »
I'll drop in some donations in a few hours. Thanks for tanking the amount. What would allow to downgrade the plan so it becomes cheaper?

I've seen how Facebook, Flickr and dropbox/onedrive can store images. Would pushing all the downloads off this forum help?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 10:45:53 AM »
Possibly for part of it, but they also monitor CPU usage, as in 'how much computing is necessary to generate the pages?'  We got our first warning in a long time last month, likely from the new set dropping (thankfully we still came in under our allotment, or they'd have shut the site off for the rest of the month).

Hopefully no one's automatically updating the site anymore, there's no need for that, but there's still a lot of casual visitors it seems.  (Maybe bots too, who knows)

That said, thank you for the help.  I don't know if anyone else uses Venmo, but thanks to Crasher I got that set up if anyone prefers that.  PayPal seems rather universally accepted, though.

Again, thanks for the donations, past and present, it's greatly appreciated!

CREED