Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Razor Ramon  (Read 168 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Razor Ramon
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:38:24 AM »
Alright, here it is the return of Superstar Spotlight! Just for a refresher, if you are curious about ANY superstar send me a message and I'll spotlight your request. This will include Revolution superstars as well. I will also allow for previously done superstars to be revisited as well. This game changes with every set, so I have no issue with repeated superstars. That being said here is our next superstar.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Razor Ramon!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?  
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual 
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

Razor Ramon
Starting Hand Size: 8     Superstar Value: 3
WWF Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns when you successfully play a printed 4D+ maneuver and it is not reversed from Arsenal, you may discard 1 card and your opponent may discard 2 cards; when he does not, he overturns 4 cards instead.
You can pack Heel maneuver and Heel reversal cards as if they are not Heel; you can also pack Hall's Fall-Away Slam, ignore the 'Can only be played...' text, and it is now WWF instead.
V4

The Toothpick
Backstage Card
During your turn you may hide this card, look at your opponent’s hand, and choose up to 2 cards; he puts 1 of the chosen cards on the bottom of his Arsenal, and the other chosen card on the top of his Arsenal.
Unique     RMS logo     WWF Classic logo
V4

Say Hello to the Bad Guy
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, search your Arsenal for 1 Heel card, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
ACE:  During your turn, you may put this card into your Ringside and then shuffle up to # cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal, where # is the number of printed Heel cards in your Ring + 2.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     WWF Classic logo
V4

Oozing Machismo
Mid-match Action
When you are Razor Ramon, this card is -15F.
Draw up to # cards, where # is equal to the number of Heel cards in your Ring and cannot be greater than 4.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may discard 1 Heel card and then your opponent discards 2 cards. When this card is moved from your Ring, put 1 Heel card from your Ringside into your hand.
During your turn when this card  is in your Ringside, you may allow him to draw 2 cards, then put this card into your Backlash.
F: 20     D: 0     Unique     WWF Classic logo
V5

Bad Guy's Running Bulldog
Grapple + Grapple
When played by Razor Ramon, this card is -4F.
When played as a Counter or after a successfully played maneuver, cannot be reversed from hand or Backlash by non-Superstar-specific reversals.
Your opponent discards 2 cards.
F: 12     D: 8     SV: 1     Unique     Multi     WWF Classic logo
V6

Hall's Fall-Away Slam
Grapple / Reversal: Special
Cannot be reversed by the card titled Backlash!
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
As a reversal, reverse any maneuver played after the card titled Irish Whip.
F: 15     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique     nWo logo
SUM

Super Belly-To-Back Suplex
Grapple + High Risk
When packed by Hall & Nash, this card is now nWo.  Cannot be packed by The Wolfpack.
Can only be reversed by Unique cards.  Can only be played after a successfully played card.
When you are Razor Ramon, this card is -5F and when successfully played, draw up to 3 cards.
F: 20     D: 15      SV: 1     Unique     Multi     WWF Classic logo
V4

Razor’s Edge
Trademark Finisher + Trademark Finisher
When this card is in your Ring, your opponent does not draw for his Draw Segment.
During his turn when this card is in your Ring, he may overturn 5 cards and then you remove this card from the game; when he does, this card cannot be moved to another location.
F: 35     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     Multi     WWF Classic logo
V4

Don't Sing It, Bring It
Action + Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, this card is F: 0.
As a reversal, reverse a non-Unique non-maneuver card.
When this card is in your Ring, during your opponent's turn, he cannot play non-Superstar-specific non-maneuver cards, and when you have greater Fortitude, he may discard 1 card and then you put this card into your Ringside.
F: 10     D: 0     Unique     Multi     WWF Classic logo
V4

Bad Times Don't Last, But Bad Guys Do
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, shuffle up to # cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal, where # is the number of non-Backlash Heel cards in your Ring.
As a reversal, when overturned, reverse any maneuver and put this card into your Ring.
When this card is in your Ring and you would lose the game via Pinfall Victory, instead put this card in your Backstage Area hidden, and shuffle 5 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Feign Fear
Action + Action / Reversal: Special
When you are Razor Ramon, this card is WWF instead.
As an action, draw 1 card, your next card played this turn is -4F and your opponent's reversals to it are +10F.
As a reversal, reverse any Strike, non-Unique non-maneuver card, or any card with 'fear' in the title; overturn 1 card, and put up to 1 card from your Ringside in your hand.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique     Multi     nWo logo
V6
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Dr_phillanomics

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Razor Ramon
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:52:13 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?
The build I went with was absolutely viable. His ability allows him some excellent packing options.

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
His Superstar specific support is really strong. But for me, it's the toothpick - especially as it's RMS now. Opening the game by stripping away TWO key cards? It's not broken but it's very strong. It's also why I went with the Irish whip ACE with lumberjacks setup. Most people upon seeing that setup will (if they have any sense) will search out as many ACE reversals as possible. Razor sees that and says "bye bye ACE reversals" or bye bye "Don't be a douchebag". Ha!

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
I built a very gimmicky build involving Summer slam Paperview event with 2x lumberjack match. It's susceptible to disruption but if you're not prepared - you will be wrecked! It still works without the lumberjacks though as uses bairhugs to attempt to get good use from his ability. Mean gene and classic moves as backup too.
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
He seems to fair well. I only play virtual classic though. I'm sure, his packing strengths give him a lot of versatility for any format.

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?
I'm biased because Razor Ramon was one of my all time favourite wrestlers. But even so, he's a strong deck. Bash and chain shots with manager interferes. Heel and face reversals? He has so many strong build options available. Gotta rank as upper tier surely? Irish whip - poke - overturn 10 is hilarious and also slightly disgusting. Haha
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:57:54 AM by Dr_phillanomics »
The smartest man in Royal Rumble history.