Author Topic: Nature Boy's Ability  (Read 360 times)

Offline mattemp07

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Nature Boy's Ability
« on: December 26, 2017, 06:50:57 PM »
Hi Guys, I am trying to understand Nature Boy's ability correctly. if opponent chooses more than 1 card in my hand, can I switch all cards with the others in my hand?

Is this correct?
2 cards was chosen from my hand and I choose 2 other cards.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Nature Boy's Ability
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »
Yes, Nature Boy's Ability can trigger multiple times during the same effect. If I pick out three cards from your hand, for example, you can replace any and all of them with something else via your Ability.

See below.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:15:15 AM by Daeva »
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline mattemp07

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 07:49:52 PM »
Awesome...! It's a bit confusing as it says 1 of the chosen cards.

Many of us playing took this sentence literally and hence I've been playing with 1 card chosen only. Thanks for clarifying this Daeva!

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +316/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 01:17:06 AM »
Hi, Future Daeva here. Past Daeva was thinking of an older version of the Ability; Nature Boy can only swap out one card per movement. "Chooses cards" means any number of cards, so you get to swap out 1 card, and only 1 card, no matter how many the opponent picks.

Incidentally, this is why linking card text is key, so these sorts of things don't happen!
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline DebuRaito

• +17/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:52:13 PM »
The Nature Boy
Starting Handsize: 4     Superstar Value: 4
WCW Legend Superstar Ability:  When your opponent's effects reveal or look at your hand, and he chooses cards, you may switch 1 of the chosen cards with 1 other card in your hand. When his card moves a card from your Ring, you may remove another non-Permanent card in your Ring from the game instead.
You can pack Cheater and Fan Favorite cards, and Ric Flair cards.

Does the first part of the ability (replacing 1 card from cards chosen in hand) work when the opponent only choose 1 card? Since it states that "he chooses cards" which means 2 or more. Like how Backfire requires 2 heat cards in ring for it to be irreversible from opponent's hand as stated by its text of having "heat cards", which is a plural as well.

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +316/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 09:16:52 PM »
As currently worded, the opponent would have to choose multiple cards to trigger the switch text, yes.
"You're no fun." -Creed