Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Leader of the Peepulation!  (Read 432 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +32/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Leader of the Peepulation!
« on: December 23, 2017, 02:41:12 AM »
Alright, here it is the return of Superstar Spotlight! Just for a refresher, if you are curious about ANY superstar send me a message and I'll spotlight your request. This will include Revolution superstars as well. I will also allow for previously done superstars to be revisited as well. This game changes with every set, so I have no issue with repeated superstars. That being said here is our next superstar.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Leader of the Peepulation!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Leader of the Peepulation
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 4
Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns you may put 1 D:0 card from your opponent's Ring area into his Ringside pile. If you do, put 1 non-unique card from your Ring area into your Ringside pile.
You may pack any cards with the Christian logo, but you do not count as that Superstar.
UNF

Captain Charisma
Backstage Card
Your opponent’s Your Town is blank.
When you are Christian: search your Arsenal for The Christian Coalition put it into your Ring (that card is now Permanent), and shuffle your Arsenal; your Starting Hand Size is +4, and your Christian-specific cards are -5F and do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your Captain Charisma Strikes is +4D.
Unique     RMS logo
V1

Managed by Tyson Tomko
Pre-match Manager
When this card is in your Ring area, once during each of your turns you may remove 1 card in your hand and the top card of your Arsenal from the game and then put 1 non-unique Pre-match Event or 1 non-unique Pre-match Object from your Ringside pile into your Ring area and end your turn.
When your opponent moves this card from your Ring area, put up to 3 of your cards that have been removed from the game into your hand.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
UNF

Christian's Shades
Pre-match Object
When this card is in your Ring area, you may put this card into your Ringside pile to reverse any Action card and end your opponent’s turn. Draw 1 card.
F: 0     D: 0
BL, SS2
   ---OR---
Christian's Shades - Throwback
Pre-match Object
Your Starting Hand Size is +1.
When this card is in your Ring area, you may put this card into your Ringside pile to reverse any Action card and end your opponent's turn.
F: 0     D: 0
SS3

The Un-Americans
Pre-match Faction
Cannot be blanked.
When your opponent plays a card with 'American' or 'U.S.A.' in the title, he discards 1 card.
During his turn when he draws cards, except for his Ability or his Draw Segment, he overturns 1 card, and when he moves cards from his Ringside to his Arsenal, except for his Ability, he discards 1 card (when you are Test, he overturns 1 card instead).
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Active     Permanent
V6

You Think You Know Me?
Mid-match Reversal: Special
Can only be played when you have 2 or more cards in your hand, unless your Superstar is Edge.
Reverse any non-Trademark-Finisher maneuver and end your opponent's turn. Discard 2 cards.
MA, SS2, SS3

The Peep's Champ
Mid-match Action: Heel
When this card is in your Ring area, your Superstar Value is +3 and your opponent's Superstar Value is -3. When your Fortitude Rating and Superstar Value are greater than his Fortitude Rating and Superstar Value, he cannot play Superstar-specific cards.
DO, SS3

Temper Tantrum
Mid-match Action
Can only be played when your Fortitude Rating is less than your opponent's Fortitude Rating or when you have fewer cards in your hand than him.
Search your Arsenal for 2 cards, put them into your hand, shuffle your Arsenal, and end your turn.
F: 7     D: 0     Unique
SUM, SS2, SS3

Captain Charisma Strikes
Strike + Strike: Heat
When this card is in your Ringside pile, ignore the Heat trait on this card when you successfully play a card that moves any number of cards from your Ringside pile.
F: 0     D: 4     Unique     Multi
ARM

Tomakazi DDT
Grapple / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, your opponent may discard 4 cards. If he does not, search your Arsenal for 1 card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal. 
As a reversal, reverse any maneuver with the word "punch," "slam," or "suplex" in the title and end your opponent's turn.
F: 11     D: 14     SV: 2     Unique
UNF

Impaler
Grapple / Reversal: Strike
As a maneuver, your opponent discards 2 cards.
As a reversal, reverse any Strike maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 15     D: 10    SV: 1     Unique     Raw logo
VEN, SSL

Unprettier
Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Grapple
As a reversal, reverse any Grapple maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 25     D: 20     SV: 2     Unique
BL, SS2, SS3

This is So Totally Unfair!
Reversal: Special
When your Fortitude Rating is less than your opponent's Fortitude Rating, reverse any maneuver and end his turn. You may draw 1 card.
BL, SS2, SS3

Tyson Interferes
Reversal: Action: Run-in
Reverse any non-Set-up Action card and end your opponent's turn. He discards 2 cards. 
F: 8     D: 2     Unique
ARM

I Ain't Not No Sucka Neitha!
Reversal: Special
Reverse any non-Trademark-Finisher maneuver and end your opponent's turn. Your first card played during your next turn cannot be reversed.
F: 10     D: 0    Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

Greetings to Our Fans In ... Where the Hell Are We?
Action
Draw up to 4 cards and shuffle 1 card from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.
BL, SS2, SS3

I'll Be an Instant Classic!
Action + Action
You may put a maneuver of D:4 or less from your hand into your Ring.
When this card is in your Ring, you may remove cards of D:3 or less from your opponent's Ring with your Ability, and your action cards are Permanent.
When this card is in your Ringside, you may discard 3 cards and then put it in your hand.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V1

That's How I Roll
Action
Discard 1 card and then put up to 3 cards from your Ringside pile into your hand.
UNF

Just Close Your Eyes
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, this card is -4F and -7D, shuffle this card into your Arsenal and your opponent discards 2 cards.
As a reversal, reverse any Activated Card Effect and end your opponent's turn.
F: 4     D: 7     Unique
UNF

The Christian Coalition
Action: Run-in
Put 1 Maneuver card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
When this card is in your Ring area, once during each of your turns you may put 2 cards from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal and then put 1 Maneuver card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique
UNF

Kazoo Theme Songs
Action
Shuffle up to # cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal, where # is equal to twice your opponent's Superstar Value.
BL, SS2, SS3

Never Forgive - Never Forget
As an action, shuffle up to 6 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
UNF
   ---OR---
Never Forgive - Never Forget - Throwback
As an action, shuffle up to 5 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any non-Unique maneuver.
F: 6     D: 0     Unique
V3

To All My Peeps Around the World...
Action
Look at your opponent's hand, choose 1 card, he overturns cards equal to the chosen card's printed Damage, and then he discards the chosen card.
F: 6     D: 0     Unique
VEN, SS3
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:47:39 AM by CreedP »
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Leader of the Peepulation!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
Backfire might as well be a superstar specific card for him since he can abuse that till the cows come home with his ability  :laugh:

another underrated dude who got lost in the sauce since he was never given the proper run he deserved by Vince (though he was a legit top 10 guy in TNA's history)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline skudz

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »
I'll be brief since I never actually built him.  Christian was always one of my favorites, he has great cards (Christian's Shades is one of my all-time favorite cards).   Leader of the Peeps has an interesting ability, I've never built him.  I'd imagine he could be a good stall deck, cycling reversals back in.  He can keep his damage high removing sustained from the ring area.

Online niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 09:16:53 AM »
Leader with backfire, ugh I hated it

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +240/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 10:39:27 AM »
Leader with backfire, ugh I hated it

Yea the whole being able to play backlash from ringside always seemed off...but it works. I made a blindside build not long ago that I enjoyed.

1.)  How viable is this superstar? Very, being able to nuke any D:0 is always useful.
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?  His ability and the Shades because having a pre-match action reversal can free the deck up for other cards.
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out? I built it Blindside recently and it seemed to work rather well especially long game.
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual?  Fares nicely in VC.
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar? He is always a force to be reckoned with and has lots of viable builds.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »
Played him a lot in Classic and a bit in VC and he still rocks the same scary build. Very viable.

Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns you may put 1 D:0 card from your opponent's Ring area into his Ringside pile. If you do, put 1 non-unique card from your Ring area into your Ringside pile.
You may pack any cards with the Christian logo, but you do not count as that Superstar.
UNF

Obviously, his strength lies in this absurd ability that does not look intimidating on the surface. But once it starts firing off infinite Backfires, you know to fear and respect it.

Well, like the others have pointed out here, Backfire is his bread and butter, even in VC's environment. So heat is the way to go.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
VC and Classic is where he goes with similar builds and saw a lot of success. He's still scary if your deck doesn't play well with his. Burns hard and makes you cry with Backfires.

Although his playstyle did not evolve much (which I hope VC will help him to in the future!), he's still strong with a build that doesn't need much F to start threatening the opponent. He's easy to build and learn to play but not easy to master as his playstyle is quite mechanic-centric (you need to track cards to remove, etc).

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?
Nothing much, which is kind of a disappointment, hoping to see some extra different playstyles we can get with him in the future from backstage cards, etc that lets him break the mold a little more than he is doing now.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »
I played him a little bit at the end of the original run of Raw Deal, obviously Heat was his forte, but he was definitely one of my favorites, and was very good.

UNF

Obviously, his ability is his strength. Between infinite Backfires and using That's Broken to grab whatever card you want and using your ability to nuke That's Broken and put that card into your hand.....yeah, his specifics are great, but that ability though....

HEAT, and VERY well!

I only built him in classic, and he was an INSTANT CLASSIC! Fantastic!

He's still a high end deck I'm sure. Haven't played a whole lot of Virtual the last few years, but that ability should keep him in games!

AND

Not a whole lot other than making his ability a little bit better, however that's all he really needs. He is an awesome deck, what more could you ask for?  :P
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +10/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 06:11:42 PM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar? Never really gotten to build him but I have played against Classic LOTP + Backfire decks. It was near impossible to be safe if one doesn't place let's wrestle already. But even so, he can still have enough maneuver to deal the real damage. His reversals are crazy too, 10D for reverse Strike? 20D for reverse Grapple? 2D for reverse Action? Don't even me started about the card below
Its obvious his best card is his ability, but Just Close your eyes is sick. In an Ace aplenty environment, this 7D does wonders, and can probably end games.
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out? Nope, have not, but even if I do, its not gonna be heat or backfire because that wouldn't be any different from the 1000s of LOTPs out there then.
Classic is sick and since its his ability that makes him stand out, he's pretty much protected for all formats.
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar? Really strong superstar all in all, unlike how they built him in WWE.

AND

His virtual just boosts his ability, but if there is ever a chance for support in the future, I would like for the designers to do something like YFH where they changed his play style. Similarly they could give him a bonus in return for not packing any heat. that would give LOTP a better range

Offline Dr_phillanomics

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 06:21:46 AM »
I requested this one as he's been one of my staples for a long time. The backfire/entangled in the ropes spam-fest is a no brainer. Like it seems with most people's comments, I don't play him so often anymore as - in all honesty - he seems too strong. What I do find is that he forced you to play differently to beat him. I.e no hoarding reversals in hand and limit your pre match targets for his ability. I had a Hall n Nash and a Goldberg build that defeated him due to sustaining damage to lose most reversals in hand and having almost no pre-match for him to target. It then forced him to actually play maneuvers. So, yeah he's very tough to beat, but overall not too OP and actually can make for some interesting games. Just keep his ability use to an absolute minimum. Bottom You have to have a plan B against him.

Extra thought: I realise I'm mostly writing about how to beat this guy. As one of the Peepulation, I should at least offer  something productive for our leader!!! So here we go, one playtip: ALL he needs is Baghdad and dirty low blow to set up the carnage in today's game. I even pack backlash in him because all I mostly care about is getting 4 fortitude. Lol
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:31:19 AM by Dr_phillanomics »
The smartest man in Royal Rumble history.