Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: The Genetic Jackhammer  (Read 549 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +30/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: The Genetic Jackhammer
« on: July 30, 2017, 03:19:54 AM »
Alright guys, I've noticed a few new people joining TCO. So I'll give a brief explanation how this segment works. Twice a week I will be posting superstars by request. So if you are stumped on a deck, can't make it work or just curious simply message myself or Drew with your request.
These are done in order of request. So if it takes a week or so please be patient. We promise we will get to your request as fast as possible.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in The Genetic Jackhammer!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

The Genetic Jackhammer
Starting Hand Size: 8     Superstar Value: 5
Chairman Superstar Ability: Once during each of your opponent's turns, when he plays a non-unique card with "reverse" or "reversal" in the text, you may discard 2 cards to blank the text of his card for the rest of the turn.
He cannot play any card with "Vince" or "Mr. McMahon" in the title.
You can pack non-Backstage Vince McMahon cards.
V3

Prophet of McMahonism
Backstage Card
Look at your opponent's Backlash, when you find McMahonism, put that card into his Ring and he cannot play an Allegiance.
When you look at cards for McMahonism, look at up to 2 additional cards.
When he looks at cards for McMahonism, he then overturns the same number of cards.
He cannot play Backstage Shenanigans.
Unique     RMS logo
V3

The Extreme Chairman
Backstage Card
When packing this card, your Foreign Objects and Vince McMahon-specific cards are not Fan Favorite, Cheater, or Raw.
During your turn, hide this card and then search your Arsenal for 2 non-Unique Foreign Object cards or 1 non-Superstar-specific Unique Foreign Object card, reveal them, put them in your hand, and shuffle.
Unique     ECW logo
V3

Master of Promotion
Pre-match Event
Your opponent chooses one of the following: his Starting Hand Size is -3 and his Superstar Value is +3 once the game begins; he can only play 1 more Pre-match card and the maximum number of Mid-match cards he may have in his Ring area is increased by 1; or the maximum number of Pre-match cards he may have in his Ring area is increased by 1 and you may look at his Backlash deck, choose 2 Mid-match cards, and he discards the cards chosen.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
LL

The Chairman's Powerwalk to the Ring
Pre-match Event
Can be played during any Pre-match phase.
You begin the Events phase, and you choose who resolves their Pre-match cards first.  Your next Vince McMahon-specific card played gains the text, "Your Pre-match Capacity is +2."
Your Remember Who Pays Your Salary! cannot be blanked.
When you are Vince McMahon, search your Arsenal for The Biggest Grapefruits, reveal it, put it into your hand, and shuffle.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V3

The First Family of Professional Wrestling
Pre-match Event
Your Pre-match cards with the word "McMahon" in the title have the added text of "The maximum number of Pre-match cards you may have in your Ring area is increased by 1."
At the end of the Pre-match phase, you may put 1 non-unique card from your opponent's Ring area into his Ringside pile.
When this card is in your Ring area, during your turn you may put this card into your Ringside pile and then search your Arsenal for 1 Superstar-specific card, reveal it to him, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
LL

Vince McMahon’s "Kiss My A$%" Club
Pre-match Event
This card cannot be blanked.
Your opponent’s Managed by Eric Bischoff is blank.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, he may randomly discard 2 cards; if he does, draw up to 2 cards or put 1 card from your Ringside into your hand. If he does not, before each of your Draw Segments, he overturns 1 card.
Your Zero Tolerance: Kiss My Magnificent A%$ cards cannot be reversed by Elbow to the Face.
V1

McMahon-us Interrupt-us
Mid-match Reversal: Special
Reverse any Action card if it is your opponent's first card played of the turn or reverse any Activated Card Effect if he hasn't successfully played a card this turn. Put 1 card titled No Chance in Hell! from your Ringside pile into your hand. He overturns 10 cards. When 1 of those cards is a non-hybrid Action card he continues his turn. Otherwise, end his turn.
UNF

McMahon's Million Dollar Mania
Mid-match Action
Your opponent cannot play reversals to this card. or its Activated Card Effect
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may put 1 non-Backlash D: 0 card from your Ring under this card and he may draw 1 card, and then draw up to 2 cards or shuffle up to 3 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal. When there are 5 cards under this card, remove it from the game and put the cards under it on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 1     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo
V3

Zero Tolerance: Kiss My Magnificent A%$
Submission + Submission
When successfully played, you may put 1 F:0 card from your opponent’s Ring area into his Ringside pile and your next card played this turn is -1F and +1D for every card in your Ring area with the word "McMahon" in the title.
F: 0     D: 0     Multi     Fan Favorite logo
GAB

Mr. McMahon's Lead Pipe Shot
Strike: Foreign Object / Action
As a maneuver, this card is Multi and can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards.
As an action, this card is -8F, shuffle this card and up to 4 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal, and your opponent overturns 2 cards.
F: 8    D: 8     SV: 2     Unique
V3

Vinny Mac Attack
Trademark Finisher + Action
Vince McMahon can play this card despite his Superstar Ability.
Can only be played after a successfully played card or as a Counter.
F: 15     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique     Multi
ARM, V3     Errata

The Chairman's Judgment
Reversal: Non-Maneuver Card
When the reversed card is not a Set-up or Follow-up, put it under this card face-up.
When your opponent plays an Action or Antic with the same title as the card under this card, it is blank.
During his turn, he may overturn 3 cards and discard 1 card, and then you put the card under this card into his Ringside.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique
V5

It's Good For Business
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, search your Arsenal for 1 non-Reversal card, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
As a reversal, when overturned, reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 2     D: 0     Cheater logo
NWO

I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Dammit!
Action / Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, your next card played this turn cannot be reversed.
As a reversal, reverse any Unique or Superstar-specific card and end your opponent's turn.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique     Multi
LL

The Biggest Grapefruits
Action
Your Unique Vince McMahon-specific action cards and your cards with 'Chairman' in the text are -6F and can only be reversed by Unique reversals.
Your opponent's Dirty Low Blow is +5D.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique
V3

A Dynasty's Destiny
Action / Reversal: Special
This card is -5F when played by Vince McMahon.
As an action, search your Arsenal for 1 card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any non-Trademark-Finisher card and end your opponent's turn.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique
LL
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:59:12 AM by CreedP »
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: The Genetic Jackhammer
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »
Lol
**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!

Offline tutoman

• +12/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »
It took me to second place on the first TCO Lackey Tournament. It has so many diferent ways it can kill you that it's absurd.

The Chairman's Powerwalk to the Ring
Pre-match Event
Can be played during any Pre-match phase.
You begin the Events phase, and you choose who resolves their Pre-match cards first.  Your next Vince McMahon-specific card played gains the text, "Your Pre-match Capacity is +2."
Your Remember Who Pays Your Salary! cannot be blanked.
When you are Vince McMahon, search your Arsenal for The Biggest Grapefruits, reveal it, put it into your hand, and shuffle.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V3

AND

The Biggest Grapefruits
Action
Your Unique Vince McMahon-specific action cards and your cards with 'Chairman' in the text are -6F and can only be reversed by Unique reversals.
Your opponent's Dirty Low Blow is +5D.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique
V3

It gives you so much strong support you can sit back at 0F and still do damage.

As said before, 2nd place on TCO Lackey tournament. The fact that you can just recycle the pipe over and over to stay alive while milling your oponent was really cheesy.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
I can only speak for VC, and it fares pretty well. Pre-match hate, hand hate, 0F offensive, hard to stop support, you name it.

Extremely powerful. Or at least until the revisions become live.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 05:30:18 PM »
Well what the hell....in all irony I've never played as or against him....but theory crafting is indeed theroetical....

VERY ....that ability alone (is what Piper's Virtual Ability should have become (the reversal restriction not the McManon parts :p )....but anyway)

Vince's cards are stupid good by nature alone....giving him an ability like that.....oi vey....and ECW support?? That's just a kick in the nuts to ECW fans (much like December to Dismember was)

I can't pick just one...holy hell that whole pre-match combo is just pure nonsense....really. ...talk about a smorgasbord of "what problem cards do I want to flush down the toilet"...oi vey....

Never have....aside of the ability it's not really my style.....maybe it SHOULD be....

I repeat my last statement....

Pre-Match + Ability.... I'm sure we'll be seeing this in like 3 weeks....joy.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline rated SRH

• +30/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 07:22:25 PM »

He's pretty damn good. Win you win Worlds you're doing something right. Has what's in my opinion from experience a better version of Piper.

The Genetic Jackhammer
Starting Hand Size: 8     Superstar Value: 5
Chairman Superstar Ability: Once during each of your opponent's turns, when he plays a non-unique card with "reverse" or "reversal" in the text, you may discard 2 cards to blank the text of his card for the rest of the turn.
He cannot play any card with "Vince" or "Mr. McMahon" in the title.
You can pack non-Backstage Vince McMahon cards.
V3

Not being prepared for this ability is what will get you into trouble. He strips away most protection. You just need to know how to dance around his ability to render him useless. Something that when it shows up to Con will be the case this time around.

N/A

Does really good in either format he likes. Has the tools to get by in all three formats.

Having faced him I can say he is damn good. Again not being prepared for his ability will cost you. You just need to have the right tech to render his ability useless. I agree with Crasher, I fully can see him returning to World's. Which will be fine by me.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-68
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 01:04:38 PM »
Call me crazy but I can't bring myself to choosing Genetic Jackhammer over Vince McMahon. I just love Salary too damned much I guess.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline rated SRH

• +30/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »
Call me crazy but I can't bring myself to choosing Genetic Jackhammer over Vince McMahon. I just love Salary too damned much I guess.

That's a fair point. While yes having lower fortitude can be nice. There are some strong cards to be played while you're ahead. Vince and Jackhammer are two different beasts. Jackhammer is really REALLY powerful. Vince makes use of antics to get rolling in most matches.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-68
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »

That's a fair point. While yes having lower fortitude can be nice. There are some strong cards to be played while you're ahead. Vince and Jackhammer are two different beasts. Jackhammer is really REALLY powerful. Vince makes use of antics to get rolling in most matches.

Sell me on Jackhammer. What makes him SO powerful? I'm interested!
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline rated SRH

• +30/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »

Sell me on Jackhammer. What makes him SO powerful? I'm interested!

It won world's......

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 12:46:39 PM »
I won Worlds with him 2 years ago, they since times down him by not letting him start with the grapefruits and made the ACE on million dollar reversible, so I ran him Mean gene with the grapes and 1 restricted use wasn't enough and I ran Chicago and One night stand. It was beautiful

But now with the changes, though toned down, he still has insane support in the pre match and real good everywhere else
**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!