Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: The Miz  (Read 403 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: The Miz
« on: July 23, 2017, 02:40:49 AM »
Alright guys, I've noticed a few new people joining TCO. So I'll give a brief explanation how this segment works. Twice a week I will be posting superstars by request. So if you are stumped on a deck, can't make it work or just curious simply message myself or Drew with your request.
These are done in order of request. So if it takes a week or so please be patient. We promise we will get to your request as fast as possible.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in The Miz!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

The Miz
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 4
Superstar Ability: When you unsuccessfully play a maneuver, you may discard 2 cards and search your Arsenal for a non-unique maneuver of the same type, reveal it, put it into your hand, and shuffle.
During your turn when you successfully play a card, you may discard 2 cards and then search your opponent's Arsenal for a card with the same title, he removes it from the game and shuffles.
You may pack cards with "trash talk" in the text or title as if they are not Face, Heel, or Raw.
V5

I Came To Play!
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Your cards with "trash talk" in the title or text do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
When you would discard cards for your opponent's effects, you may instead overturn the same number of cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Permanent     Unique
V5

Miz TV
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked, and your opponent cannot prevent you from playing this card.
The first time you Activate a card with 'trash talk' in the title or text each turn, the effect cannot be reversed.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may overturn 1 card and search your Arsenal for Grab the Mic, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Skull Crushing Finale
Mid-match Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played card and cannot be reversed from your opponent's hand by non-hybrid Reversals.
As a reversal, reverse any card with the Restricted Modification Symbol, and he discards 3 cards.
F: 40     D: 25     SV: 3     Unique
V5

Damien Mizdow, Stunt Double
Mid-match Action + Action
Can only be reversed by 2 D: 0 reversal cards.
When this card is in your Ring, discard 1 less card for your Ability, and when your other cards would cause you to draw a number of cards, or cause your opponent to discard or overturn a number of cards, that number is increased by 1.
ACE: When your opponent successfully plays a maneuver, you may put this card into your Ringside, his maneuver is blank until the end of the turn and deals no damage.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V7

Awesome Neckbreaker Combination
Grapple + Grapple
When your opponent's Fortitude Rating is 10 or more and you have lower Fortitude, this card is -6F.
When this card is in your Arsenal, it is considered non-Unique.
When this card is in your Ring, it counts as 2 maneuvers.
When this card is in your Ringside, during your turn you may shuffle it into your Arsenal.
F: 6     D: 8     SV: 2     Unique     Multi
V5

Miz's Trademark DDT
Grapple
Can only be played after a successfully played card or as a Counter.
Cannot be reversed by non-Unique reversals from hand or Backlash.
F: 11     D: 7     SV: 2     Unique
V5

Miz's Corner Clothesline
High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played 5D+ maneuver or Throw Into the Corner Turnbuckle.  Cannot be played after From the Top Rope.
Can only be reversed from Arsenal.
F: 18     D: 10     SV: 1     Unique
V5

Miz's Figure Four Leglock
Trademark Finisher + Submission
Draw up to 2 cards and put 1 card in your opponent's Ring into his Ringside.  When your next card played this turn is Maintain Hold, it cannot be reversed.
F: 25     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique     Multi
V7

Really? REALLY?!
Reversal: Special
Reverse any non-unique non-maneuver card, draw up to 1 card, and put up to 1 card from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.
When this card is in your Ring, before your Draw Segment you may put it on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
V5

When Things Go A-Ry
Reversal: Special: Run-in
Reverse any maneuver, and when the reversed maneuver is a Trademark or Trademark Finisher, discard 2 cards and overturn 2 cards.
F: 20     D: 2     Unique
V5

The Most Must-See WWE Champion
Action + Action
Reveal any number of cards from your hand, and then put up to # cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, where # is the number of revealed cards +3.  When you have a Title Belt with "WWE" in the title in your Ring, you may then shuffle up to 3 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
F: 11     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V5

Because I'm The Miz…
Action + Action + Action
This card requires 3 reversals to completely reverse instead of 2, and ignore 'completely' on your opponent's reversal cards and effects.
Search your Arsenal for …And I'm AWESOME!!!!!, reveal it, then search for 1 card, put all cards searched for in your hand and shuffle.
Discard 1 less card for your Ability.
F: 11     D: 1     Unique     Multi     RMS logo
V5

Rewriting Miz-tory
Action + Action
When played, you may flip over 3 of your WWE cards, and then this card may be played regardless of your Fortitude Rating.
Search your Arsenal for 2 The Miz-specific maneuvers and 1 non-Superstar-specific card, reveal them, put those cards in your hand, and shuffle.  When Skull-Crushing Finale is in your Ringside, you may put it into your Backlash.
Flip 1 of your opponent's WWE cards over.
F: 18     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V5

…And I'm AWESOME!
Action / Reversal: Special
When Because I'm The Miz… is in your Ring, this card is -11F.
As an action, cannot be reversed, put up to 2 non-unique cards from your Ringside into your hand.
As a reversal, reverse any Mid-match or Superstar-specific card and discard 2 cards.
ACE: During your turn you may put this card into your Ringside, and then look at your opponent's hand, choose 1 card, and he removes the chosen card from the game.
F: 22     D: 0     Unique
V5
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:52:38 AM by CreedP »
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: The Miz
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 09:56:24 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?

Miz is one of those decks that's both offensive and defensive. This makes him permanently viable in just about any format. His search ability screams Multi and or 1-2 maneuver types but his defensive ability screams "pack popular offensive cards" to rip them from your opponent's arsenal. His recovery ability screams "Have fun getting rid of me". It could combine well with a "sponge" deck design that reverses often from arsenal.

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?

Two, actually.

I Came To Play!
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Your cards with "trash talk" in the title or text do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
When you would discard cards for your opponent's effects, you may instead overturn the same number of cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Permanent     Unique
V5

Miz TV
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked, and your opponent cannot prevent you from playing this card.
The first time you Activate a card with 'trash talk' in the title or text each turn, the effect cannot be reversed.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may overturn 1 card and search your Arsenal for Grab the Mic, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Combined with his ability you basically have your recovery aspect down without taking up arsenal space. THE only issue I have is that I wish his "Trash Talking" text cards were permanent.

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

I've come very close to finishing his deck and now I will seeing as Yo, Kill The Beat has been neutered/changed.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

As I've stated before, he's universally versatile. No restrictions means he's a swiss army knife.

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

I can't imagine anything that could really make him better other than making his "Trash Talk" cards permanent and/or allowing him to pack them in his backstage area instead and then throwing them in the ring area after the phase is over so your pre-match isn't half Trash Talk.

That's the really the only glaring "weakness" of this Superstar; with Trash Talking Interview x3, Terri, Nowinski...that's 5 of your pre from the get go. Add in his awesome 2 specifics and that leaves you with 5 to pack; some people are turned off by such things. For me, it's a welcome setup and a challenge at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:58:26 AM by Drywall »
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline DebuRaito

• +17/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: The Miz
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »
If trash talk is permanent, he can't ace Nowinski.