Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Ric Flair  (Read 670 times)

Online rated SRH

• +32/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Ric Flair
« on: July 19, 2017, 07:47:05 AM »
Alright guys, I've noticed a few new people joining TCO. So I'll give a brief explanation how this segment works. Twice a week I will be posting superstars by request. So if you are stumped on a deck, can't make it work or just curious simply message myself or Drew with your request.
These are done in order of request. So if it takes a week or so please be patient. We promise we will get to your request as fast as possible.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Ric Flair!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Ric Flair
Starting Hand Size: 4     Superstar Value: 4
Superstar Ability: You cannot pack the card titled I Can't Be Reading This Right... or You're as Graceful as a Cow on Ice. Once during each of your turns, you may discard 1 card and then put 1 card from your opponent's Ring area into his Ringside pile. If the card moved is a maneuver of F:0, your opponent may shuffle it into his Arsenal. He cannot play the card titled Ric Flair Interferes. If you have 4 or more Superstar-specific cards in your Ring area, your cards titled Figure Four Leglock are considered Trademark Finishers instead of Submission maneuvers.
SUM, SS2, SS3

Flair's Robe
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you may pack 4 additional Pre-match cards.
Your Ric Flair-specific Pre-match cards do not count for your opponent's I'm Gonna Break You and the first 2 played do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your 16-Time Heavyweight Champion cards are Multi, and your The Game Interferes! now reads "Reverse any maneuver" instead.
The number of cards removed for Yesterday Is So Long Ago is reduced to 0.
Unique
V1

Gentlemen's Establishment
Pre-match Venue
Once during each of your turns you may draw 1 card or put 1 card from your Ringside pile on the bottom of your Arsenal.
When your opponent is a Male Superstar, once during each of his turns he may draw 1 card.
When your opponent is a Female Superstar, once during each of your turns he overturns 1 card.
F: 0     D: 0     Universally Active     Permanent
UNF

Once a Horseman, Always a Horseman
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, draw 4 cards and when you are not The Brain Busters, put 4 cards from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal.
When you are Ric Flair, Revolution Ric Flair, or The Four Horsemen, ignore the 'Cannot be played...' text on To Be the Man, You've Got to Beat the Man!, and when you are The Four Horsemen, that card cannot be reversed.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
V1

Summer of Slam
Pre-match Event
At the end of the Pre-match phase, if your Superstar opponent is not on this card, he must randomly discard 1 card from his Backlash deck to his Ringside pile.
PRO
   ---OR---
Summer of Slam - Throwback
Pre-match Event
Your opponent randomly discards 2 cards from his Backlash deck.
SS3

Walk That Aisle
Pre-match Event
You may pack up to 4 copies of this card.
The maximum number of Pre-match cards you may have in your Ring area is increased by 1.
Your Starting Hand Size is +1.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, put 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 0     Fan Favorite logo
NWO

You're Going to Space Mountain
Pre-match Event
Remove the top 4 cards of your opponent's Arsenal from the game.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
INX
   ---OR---
You're Going to Space Mountain - Throwback
Pre-match Event
Remove the top 4 cards of your opponent's Arsenal from the game.
The first non-unique non-Reversal card you play of the game is -4F.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
SS3

The Stylin' Strut
Mid-match Action
This card is considered non-Unique for The Best Thing Going Today.
When your Fortitude Rating is 15 or more and this card is in your Backlash, after successfully playing a maneuver and damage is resolved, you may put this card into your Ring.  Your opponent may discard 3 reversals; if he does, your turn ends.  If he does not, you may draw 3 cards or search your Arsenal or Ringside for a card with 'whoo' in the title, reveal it, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal; and the next card played this turn is considered to have 'chop' in the title.
V1

Stylin', Profilin', Limousine Ridin', Lear Jet Flyin', Wheelin', Dealin', Son of a Gun!
Mid-match Action
Cannot be reversed.
Draw 4 cards.
F: 4     D: 0     Unique
SUM, SS2, SS3

Wooooooooo!
Mid-match Action
For the rest of the turn, your cards cannot be reversed and you cannot play any card that does not have the word "chop" in the title.
SUM, SS2, SS3

Flair's Chop Block
Strike + Strike
F: 4     D: 4     Multi
UNF

Flair's Famous Figure Four
Trademark Finisher
When you are The Four Horsemen, cannot be reversed when played after a successfully played maneuver.
This card is +2D for every maneuver with 'leg', 'ankle', or 'chop block' in the title in your Ring.
When your next card played this turn is Maintain Hold, ignore the "Can only be played..." text.
F: 32     D: 16     SV: 4     Unique
V1

The Dirtiest Player in the Game
Reversal: Special
Reverse any Face card and end your opponent’s turn. Search your Arsenal for any number of cards titled Apply Illegal Leverage, reveal them to your opponent, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
SUM, SS2
   ---OR---
The Dirtiest Player in the Game - Throwback
Reverse any High Risk maneuver or Mid-match card and end your opponent's turn. Search your Arsenal for up to 3 cards with the word "chop" in the title or titled Apply Illegal Leverage, reveal them to him, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
SS3

The Flair Flop
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver of 4D or greater.
Blank that maneuver’s text until the end of turn, overturn cards until the maneuver is reversed or until full damage has been applied, and end your opponent's turn.
You may put any number of cards titled Over Sell Maneuver from your Ringside pile into your hand.
F: 4     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo     Errata
DO
   ---OR---
The Flair Flop - Throwback
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver of 4D or greater.
Blank that maneuver's text until the end of the turn, overturn cards until it is reversed or until full damage has been applied, and end your opponent's turn.
Shuffle up to 4 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal and put any number of cards titled Over Sell Maneuver from your Ringside pile into your hand.
F: 4     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
SS3

The Game Interferes!
Reversal: Special: Run-in
Can only be played if your Fortitude Rating is less than your opponent's Fortitude Rating.
Cannot be played if your opponent is Triple H or The Game.
Reverse any Strike, Grapple, or Submission maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 4     D: 4     Unique     Raw logo
VEL
   ---OR---
The Game Interferes! - Throwback
Reversal: Special: Run-in
Reverse any Strike or Grapple maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 4     D: 4     Unique     Raw logo
SS3

Paid, Laid, and Made
Action
Overturn 3 cards, remove up to 3 cards in your opponent's Ringside pile from the game, put up to 3 Backlash deck cards from your Ringside pile into your Backlash deck, and you may draw up to 3 cards.   
VEN, SS3
   ---OR---
Paid, Laid, and Made - Throwback
Action
Overturn 2 cards, remove up to 2 cards in your opponent's Ringside from the game, put up to 2 Backlash cards from your Ringside into your Backlash, and you may draw up to 2 cards.
V4

Diamonds are Forever, and So is The Nature Boy!
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, discard this card and shuffle up to 4 other cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.
As a reversal, when overturned, reverse any maneuver of 4D or greater and end your opponent's turn.
SUM, SS2, SS3

Now You're Going to School!
Action / Reversal: Action
As an action, search your Arsenal for up to 4 cards with the word "chop" in the title, reveal them to your opponent, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any Action card and end your opponent's turn.
SUM, SS2, SS3

The Best Thing Going Today
Action
Can only be played when you have 4 or more cards in your hand.
Put 4 cards from your hand, 4 cards from your Ringside pile, and 4 of your cards that have been removed from the game on the bottom of your Arsenal; put up to 4 non-unique Mid-match cards from your Ringside pile into your Backlash deck; and then draw 4 cards.
ARM

Whoo!
Action
Your Chain cards cannot be reversed from your opponent's Arsenal for the rest of the turn.
VEN, SS3   (originally titled Woooooo!)

Yesterday Is So Long Ago
Action
Put up to 4 of your cards that have been removed from the game into your Ringside pile and then remove the top 4 cards of your Arsenal from the game.
VEN, SS3

16-Time Heavyweight Champion
Action
When played, you may discard 1 card with the word "chop" in the title. If you do, this card is -16F.
Put 4 cards from your Ringside pile on top of your Arsenal and then search your Arsenal for 4 non-Superstar-specific cards with the word "chop" in the title, reveal them to your opponent, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
When this card is in your Ring area, your cards with the word "chop" in the title are -4F and +4D.
F: 16     D: 0     Cheater logo
GAB

If You Want To Play You Gotta Pay
Action
When this card is in your Ring area, before your Draw Segment, when your opponent has 1 or more cards in his hand, you may discard 1 card and then he removes the top 3 cards of his Arsenal from the game. He may then discard 1 card and you remove the top 3 cards of your Arsenal from the game. Repeat this until one player stops. 
F: 16     D: 0     Unique
ARM
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:56:08 AM by CreedP »
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Ryx

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Ric Flair
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
I have not played with Ric before since I didn't play pre-sale and have not acquired him yet, but I am curious what the advantage of playing Ric Flair over The Nature Boy is given the changes to Ric's ability that have been imposed via Shenanigans?

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »
I have not played with Ric before since I didn't play pre-sale and have not acquired him yet, but I am curious what the advantage of playing Ric Flair over The Nature Boy is given the changes to Ric's ability that have been imposed via Shenanigans?

Flair's ability is still awesome.....Frankie Ho.....Sustained... .. Fort Surge.......Straigh t Shooting Interview, you name it....if it ain't permanent he's chopping it away form you.....it's a choice between the aggressive disruptive ability or the passive defensive ability, Flair can shred your ring....while Natch can pretty much make anything he damn well pleases be permanent.....which is better comes down to the type of deck you want to run and your game plan
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Online rated SRH

• +32/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:56:13 AM »

Flair's ability is still awesome.....Frankie Ho.....Sustained... .. Fort Surge.......Straigh t Shooting Interview, you name it....if it ain't permanent he's chopping it away form you.....it's a choice between the aggressive disruptive ability or the passive defensive ability, Flair can shred your ring....while Natch can pretty much make anything he damn well pleases be permanent.....which is better comes down to the type of deck you want to run and your game plan

CRASHER is the Flair expert. He's ran Flair I believe 3 Gen Cons on a row.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 11:23:42 AM »
I don't count last year, my whole group of decks was a mailed in effort since I was too into revo 5 to care about that weekend....heh, we shall see this year, but yeah Flair is still VERY good, you just gotta be a bit smarter with him

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 09:02:51 AM »
And Nature boy is in a whole league of his own as well. Gettng all Ricin's Flair support, no limitations, And Legend Support, He's built for very nasty combinations with a ton of potential. His Pre-match is so stacked up there really is no way to be prepared for it all unless you really do your homework on what Nature Boy can possibly bring. I know I played Against Mitch in one of the previous tournaments and I was BFM and had well over 100 fortitude and Nature Boy still couldn't be put down. Whether it was Mean Gene Support with Marquee protecting Judo Choke to stall you out, or taking his massively big Superstar value and Trumping you with Don't mess with the champs and then Through all these years. You only get one Restricted use and it's almost impossible to pinpoint when it exactly should be used!
**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!

Online rated SRH

• +32/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
P this is Ric Flair.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »
Oops
**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
To be fair, the question was asked of Natch vs Slick Ric...- mean we don't expect John to read topics, right??  :laugh: