Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Lashley  (Read 697 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Lashley
« on: June 14, 2017, 06:25:47 AM »
Alright guys, I've noticed a few new people joining TCO. So I'll give a brief explanation how this segment works. Twice a week I will be posting superstars by request. So if you are stumped on a deck, can't make it work or just curious simply message myself or Drew with your request. 
These are done in order of request. So if it takes a week or so please be patient. We promise we will get to your request as fast as possible. 

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Lashley!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?  
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual 
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND 

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Lashley
Starting Hand Size: 9     Superstar Value: 3
Superstar Ability: Your non-unique maneuvers cannot be reversed from your opponent’s Arsenal.
GAB

Lashley's Two-Finger Salute to the Fans
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
You cannot play more than 2 maneuvers each turn, and you cannot play Maintain Hold.
Your maneuvers are -3F and +2D, your Volley: # maneuvers are Volley: #+3, and your printed Multi BASH maneuvers are F:0.  Your opponent cannot play Elbow to the Face to your printed 6D- maneuvers that are not Chain, Heat, Volley, Multi, Revolution, or hybrid.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V1

The Elevator Lift
Grapple + Grapple
Can only be played after a successfully played Action card.
This card is -25F when played after the card titled Irish Whip.
When successfully played, search your Arsenal for 1 Unique card, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 30     D: 30     SV: 2     Unique     Multi
GAB

The Real Hard Dominator
Trademark Finisher + Trademark Finisher / Action + Action
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
As an action, this card is -35F and -30D, put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal and then put 1 non-unique maneuver from your Ringside pile into your hand.
F: 35     D: 30     SV: 3     Unique     Multi
GAB

Hard Hitting
Reversal: Action
Reverse any Action card and end your opponent’s turn. Search your Arsenal for 1 non-unique maneuver, reveal it to him, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 3     Unique
GAB

Soft Spoken
Reversal: Special
When overturned, reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent’s turn. If the card titled Hard Hitting is in your Ring area, the maneuver can be unique.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, during your turn you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal and then your opponent may draw 1 card.
F: 3     D: 0     Unique
GAB

I’m the Real Deal
Action
Shuffle cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal and then draw cards, both equal to your opponent’s Superstar Value.
F: 6     D: 0     Unique
GAB
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Lashley
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:16:41 AM »
1.Another great beginner superstar
Simple,yet powerful

2.Lashley's Two-Finger Salute to the Fans
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
You cannot play more than 2 maneuvers each turn, and you cannot play Maintain Hold.
Your maneuvers are -3F and +2D, your Volley: # maneuvers are Volley: #+3, and your printed Multi BASH maneuvers are F:0.  Your opponent cannot play Elbow to the Face to your printed 6D- maneuvers that are not Chain, Heat, Volley, Multi, Revolution, or hybrid.
V1

Gives Lashley options beyond just packing somply nonuniques.

3.Had a Technical deck right after Virtual1 released
Only game I played was against White Wedding MVP. :(

4.Only played him once.no idea

5.As above a great starting point  for beginners.
Small set,so easy to acquire as well
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline CRASHER

• +84/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:59:40 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?

VERY....given he has to get past the hand and backlash, but once he does it's bombs away....literally.. .loves mauling sponge, but hates dealing with redwall... leans towards a technical build so he can just toss move after move....but hardcore players will build him with stun value  8)

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 

Lashley's Two-Finger Salute to the Fans
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
You cannot play more than 2 maneuvers each turn, and you cannot play Maintain Hold.
Your maneuvers are -3F and +2D, your Volley: # maneuvers are Volley: #+3, and your printed Multi BASH maneuvers are F:0.  Your opponent cannot play Elbow to the Face to your printed 6D- maneuvers that are not Chain, Heat, Volley, Multi, Revolution, or hybrid.
V1

This does make other builds more tempting (perhaps dynamic too, especially when you stack with dynamically inclined), and capping him at two moves a turn does give the opponent a fighting chance

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

Never built him....but dealing with First of All Lashley in its time was painful.....

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

With an ability like his all you need to do is jam the deck with cards that search for more moves and you're golden

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

Undervalued, but still good....just needs to get the wrecking ball in motion and he will open a can on you....

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Killing First of All hurt him (no tears shed) but he's still an underrated monster.....no doubt
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »
Addendum:

Lashley+Mr.PPV in Tornado Tag

Bwahahahaha
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."