Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Evolution  (Read 631 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Evolution
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:24:21 AM »
Alright guys, I've noticed a few new people joining TCO. So I'll give a brief explanation how this segment works. Twice a week I will be posting superstars by request. So if you are stumped on a deck, can't make it work or just curious simply message myself or Drew with your request.
These are done in order of request. So if it takes a week or so please be patient. We promise we will get to your request as fast as possible.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Evolution!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Evolution
Starting Hand Size: 10     Superstar Value: 10
Tag Team Superstar Ability: You can pack the Tag Team Title Belts. At the start of your turn, before your Draw Segment, look at the top 3 cards of your Arsenal, put them back in any order, and overturn 2 cards. Once during each of your turns you may discard 3 cards, overturn 3 cards, and put 1 card from your opponent's Ring area into his Ringside pile. If that card is a maneuver of F:0, he may shuffle it into his Arsenal.
PRO, VEN, SS3

Time to Find Out Who I Am
Backstage Card
*Can only be revealed during your turn when you successfully play an Evolution-specific card.
When packing this card, you are a Stable.
Before your Draw Segment, you may hide this card.
When this card is revealed, your Ability is blank.
When this card is hidden or revealed, your non-F:0 Evolution-specific Actions are Multi, and the number of cards removed from the game by Yesterday is So Long Ago is reduced to 0.
Unique
V5

Gentlemen's Establishment
Pre-match Venue
Once during each of your turns you may draw 1 card or put 1 card from your Ringside pile on the bottom of your Arsenal.
When your opponent is a Male Superstar, once during each of his turns he may draw 1 card.
When your opponent is a Female Superstar, once during each of your turns he overturns 1 card.
F: 0     D: 0     Universally Active     Permanent
UNF

Evolution Is a Mystery
Pre-match Event
At the end of the Pre-match phase, discard any number of cards from your Backlash deck and any number of cards from your hand, then look at your opponent's Backlash deck and choose 1 non-unique card for every 3 cards discarded from your hand and 3 cards discarded from your Backlash deck, and he discards the chosen cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
VEN, SS3

Evolved Low Blow
Trademark Finisher
When you have lower Fortitude, this card is -4F and can only be reversed from Arsenal.
Draw 1 card, put up to 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, and your next card played this turn is -4F.
When this card is in your Ring, overturn 1 less card for your Ability before your Draw Segment.
F: 10     D: 4     SV: 1     Unique
V5

Evolved Batista Bomb
Trademark Finisher / Action
As a maneuver, can only be played as a Counter.
As an action, this card is -20F and Multi, put this card and up to 1 card from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.
When this card is in your Ring, overturn 1 less card for your Ability before your Draw Segment.
F: 20     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique
V7

Evolved RKO
Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played card.
As a reversal, this card is -5D, reverse any non-unique maneuver (including Clutch Onto Opponent) with 'reverse' in the text.
When this card is in your Ring, overturn 1 additional card for your Ability when moving a card from your opponent's Ring.
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique
V7

Evolved Pedigree
Trademark Finisher / Action
When played, this card is Multi.
As a maneuver, your opponent discards 3 cards.
As an action, this card is F: 0 and he cannot respond to it, discard this card and draw 1 card.
F: 40     D: 20     SV: 4     Unique
V5

Paid, Laid, and Made
Action
Overturn 3 cards, remove up to 3 cards in your opponent's Ringside pile from the game, put up to 3 Backlash deck cards from your Ringside pile into your Backlash deck, and you may draw up to 3 cards.   
VEN, SS3
   ---OR---
Paid, Laid, and Made - Throwback
Action
Overturn 2 cards, remove up to 2 cards in your opponent's Ringside from the game, put up to 2 Backlash cards from your Ringside into your Backlash, and you may draw up to 2 cards.
V4

Yesterday Is So Long Ago
Action
Put up to 4 of your cards that have been removed from the game into your Ringside pile and then remove the top 4 cards of your Arsenal from the game.
F: 4     D: 0     Unique
VEN, SS3

I See the Line in the Sand
Action
Your opponent discards cards equal to his Superstar Value.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique
VEN, SS3

Nothing Ever Stays the Same
Reversal: Special
Reverse any non-Trademark-Finisher maneuver and end your opponent's turn. When played by Batista, put up to 4 cards from your Ringside pile on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique
VEN, SS3

Adapt or Perish
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, when you are Evolution this card is F: 0.  Search your Arsenal and Ringside for 1 Evolution-specific card, reveal it, put it in your hand and shuffle; when that card is your next card played as an action this turn, your opponent cannot respond to it.
As a reversal, reverse any non-maneuver card.
When this card is in your Ring, the number of your cards removed from the game for If You Want to Play, You Gotta Pay is reduced to 0, and he does not draw for your Gentlemen's Establishment.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique
V7

If You Want To Play You Gotta Pay
Action
When this card is in your Ring area, before your Draw Segment, when your opponent has 1 or more cards in his hand, you may discard 1 card and then he removes the top 3 cards of his Arsenal from the game. He may then discard 1 card and you remove the top 3 cards of your Arsenal from the game. Repeat this until one player stops. 
F: 16     D: 0     Unique
ARM

Survival of the Fittest
Action + Action
Cannot be reversed.
When you have less than 20 cards in your Arsenal, this card is F: #, where # is the number of cards remaining in your Arsenal.
Shuffle cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal up to double the number of cards in your Ring with an Evolution logo.
ACE: You may remove this card from the game to shuffle cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal up to the number of cards in your Ring with an Evolution logo.
F: 20     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V1
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:40:55 AM by CreedP »
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Evolution
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:36:52 PM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?

EXTREMELY viable. They have a great ability that lets you pick and choose what you draw AND pick apart your opponent's ring area. Also now with Virtual if you can't win a quick game, you get a Backstage card that can turn off your ability.

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 

Time to Find Out Who I Am
Backstage Card
*Can only be revealed during your turn when you successfully play an Evolution-specific card.
When packing this card, you are a Stable.
Before your Draw Segment, you may hide this card.
When this card is revealed, your Ability is blank.
When this card is hidden or revealed, your non-F:0 Evolution-specific Actions are Multi, and the number of cards removed from the game by Yesterday is So Long Ago is reduced to 0.
Unique
V5

They were good before this, however this card makes them flexible. If you can't win a quick victory you can reveal this, blank your ability and use Drawing a Blank + Gentleman's Establishment to either recover heavily or build a hand to make another run and beating your opponent senseless. So much saucy game play from these guys now. Still could use a decent mid-game reversal though.

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

I have built them twice. Once when they were just a promo card and once in Virtual. By far playing them in virtual a few times was my favorite experience. Like I said it opened up so many ways you can play them.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

In Non-Virtual Classic around when they came out, they were fantastic. Virtual Classic, they were just a blast....not my best deck, but then again I haven't got a huge amount of Virtual experience either.

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

They are very very saucy especially with virtual and I'm waiting for someone to unlock their potential and win on a bigger stage.
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Russ

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 09:33:03 AM »
How critical are Gentlemen's Establisment and Paid, Laid, and Made (nom-TB) in building Evolution?

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
How critical are Gentlemen's Establisment and Paid, Laid, and Made (nom-TB) in building Evolution?

Both are really good cards, but you could live without them (depending on the build).

GE is tough to say - it changes the build philosophy, but the main aspect of it for Evolution (recovery) is a moot point since Drawing A Blank does the same thing once you blank your ability.

PLM is not critical, but if you're playing without GE, you may want to get your ability blanked earlier than you would if GE was in play, so you may want to run the TB version so you can unhide the Backstage card quicker if necessary.

Evolution's biggest strength by far is the 10/10, followed by the ability to do some selective sniping of cards in the Ring.  You could build them without both of the named chase cards and I'd expect them to do reasonably well.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.