Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: APA  (Read 648 times)

Online rated SRH

• +32/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: APA
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:56:27 AM »
Standing in today for Drew.
Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in APA!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

APA
Starting Hand Size: 12     Superstar Value: 3
Superstar Ability: All your cards played from your hand are +1D.
Your Arsenal may not contain any Action cards.
You may not play any title belt except the Tag Team Title Belts.
MA

Hell's Henchmen - Don't Hunt the Hunter
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you may pack Don't Try This at Home, Drinking Beer – Raising Hell – Kicking A%$ is not Smackdown, and its Activated Card Effect cannot be reversed.
Your APA-specific cards are -5F, and your Dominator and Clothesline from Hell cards are now Trademark Finishers instead.
Unique     RMS logo
V1

Drinking Beer - Raising Hell - Kicking A%$
Pre-match Event
When this card is in your Ring area, if your Fortitude Rating is 5 or greater, during your turn you may put this card into your Ringside pile, shuffle up to # cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal, your opponent discards # cards, and your maneuvers are +#D for the rest of the turn, where # is equal to your Superstar Value.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Smackdown logo
DO

Damn!
Mid-match Action
Look at your opponent's hand. Put 10 cards from your Ringside pile on top of your Arsenal. Search your Arsenal for 1 card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 20     D: 0     Unique
SUM

Beer, Cards, and More Beer
Mid-Match Action
If your next card played this turn is a maneuver card it cannot be reversed.
Whenever you successfully play a maneuver,  you may then look at your opponent's hand OR draw up to 2 cards.
F: 25     D: 0     Unique     Errata
MA

Bradshaw's Fall Away Slam
Grapple / Reversal: High Risk
As a maneuver, opponent's reversal to your next card played this turn is +10F.
As a reversal, if played from your hand can reverse any High Risk maneuver but you must first discard 1 card from your hand. End your opponent's turn.
F: 11     D: 9     SV: 1
MA

Faarooq's Spike Spine Buster
Grapple / Reversal: Submission
As a maneuver, opponent's reversal to your next card played this turn is +10F.
As a reversal, if played from your hand can reverse any Submission maneuver but you must first discard 1 card from your hand. End your opponent's turn.
F: 11     D: 9     SV: 1
MA

Clothesline from Hell
Strike / Reversal: Strike
As a reversal, if played from your hand can reverse any Strike maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
When successfully played, shuffle up to 3 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.
F: 20     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique
MA

Dominator
Grapple / Reversal: Grapple
As a reversal, if played from your hand can reverse any Grapple maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
When successfully played, shuffle up to 3 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.
F: 20     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique
MA

Can of Beer
Action + Action
When you are The Sandman, this card is ECW.
You may overturn 2 cards and discard 2 cards to play this card from Ringside.
Draw up to 2 cards and shuffle up to 2 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
ACE:  During your turn, you may overturn 2 cards and then discard 2 cards and put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 2     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V6
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:13:32 AM by CreedP »
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: APA
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:33:58 PM »
ehhh, this is a tough one:

They're OK....problem is alot of decks do what they want to do and better (like any deck that uses the APA Enforcer since they can still pack things like D-Bag and Shocking Interference and so forth).....the damage boost is nice (the handsize is nice, but again the enforcer gets that with a LOT more), but the +1D on reversals ain't never gonna happen anymore, between opening volley, one of the big boys or your own need to pack Frankie Ho, it's not as rewarding as it used to be...

Drinking Beer - Raising Hell - Kicking A%$
Pre-match Event
When this card is in your Ring area, if your Fortitude Rating is 5 or greater, during your turn you may put this card into your Ringside pile, shuffle up to # cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal, your opponent discards # cards, and your maneuvers are +#D for the rest of the turn, where # is equal to your Superstar Value.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Smackdown logo
DO

Possibly their best card.....as long as you can protect their SSV, which might not be easy either, the backstage card making it irreversable helps it though (the backstage card is a close second in their card pool)

I had them as IAATG/Heat back in the day....it was solid till kandy told me "hey why not do the same thing with Steph"....and yeah

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

OK, in VC and Classic Classic, a bit better in AA since the Antics can do some damage, if you ran them BASH at least All Talk No Action is open out the door, a FF/Volley build could be intriguing too since this is a deck that kinda has to have It's Great to be Back Here in them

They need a legit way to distinguish and better themselves from the Enforcer Option....

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

They got DTTAH which is HUGE for them, but their drawback is still too great
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Womp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:13:54 PM »
I once played a "Shoot Deck" APA that won an event..... Think about that for a bit. lol

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:53:43 PM »
I once played a "Shoot Deck" APA that won an event..... Think about that for a bit. lol

I'm sensing an RMS-themed bit of humor here??  8)

We saw an APA once get JBI'ed when he played both specifics in one turn ....  :o
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
My first deck.

1.Good beginner deck.Simple ability+cards.Doesnt hold up against more advanced decks.

2.Not a SS card,but I wanna talk about All Talk and no Action.
Pretty much a must pack in APA.

3:As above,this was the first deck I built.
Used whatever I had.

4.Played Classic.Did okay

5.Again,good beginner Superstar.
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline rachelmon

• +24/-21
  • woo woo woo, you know it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:53:09 PM »
Very. With the huge handsize, you can go from Chain to Heat to Volley to BASH to Blindside etc etc.
Can also go Normal maneuver with Clutch Apply German with painful reversals Power Slam Spine Buster (Frankie-d)

Hell's Henchmen - Don't Hunt the Hunter. They finally can pack Don't Try this at home. ACE will be less annoying.

Yeah. Works well with BASH.

Whatever format, APA is too viable in whatever format.

Good Beginner deck. Very good to train beginner to understand the game.