Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: The People's Team  (Read 774 times)

Online rated SRH

• +32/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: The People's Team
« on: March 22, 2017, 06:55:14 AM »
Standing in today for Drew.
Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in The People's Team!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

The People's Team
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 9
Superstar Ability: When you have 3 different Maneuver card types of 3D or greater in your Ring area, your maneuvers cannot be reversed from your opponent's hand. When you have 4 different Maneuver card types of 3D or greater in your Ring area, your maneuvers also cannot be reversed from your opponent's Backlash deck. You may play the card titled Handicap Match, even if your opponent cannot play any belt except the Tag Team Title Belts. You cannot play Title Belt cards. Your opponent cannot play the card titled Handicap Match.
RA

The Most Electrifying Champions of SmackDown!
Pre-match Event
Your People's Team-specific cards are F: 0, and your Mutual Respect and Your Brush With Greatness Is Over cards cannot be reversed.
Reduce the numbers in your Ability by 1.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
V1

Edge's Spear
Strike + High Risk / Reversal: Special
Cannot be reversed when played after the card titled From the Top Rope.
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
As a reversal, reverse any card played after the card titled Irish Whip and end your opponent's turn.
F: 7     D: 7     SV: 1     Unique     Multi
RA
   ---OR---
Edge's Spear - Throwback
Strike + High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played card. Cannot be reversed when played after the card titled From the Top Rope.
As a reversal, reverse any card played after the card titled Irish Whip or any other Set-up card and end your opponent's turn.
F: 7     D: 8     SV: 1     Unique     Multi
SS3

Rock's Spit Punch
Strike
Can only be played when you successfully played a maneuver this turn.
Cannot be reversed from your opponent's hand or Backlash deck.
When successfully played, he overturns 5 cards.
F: 12     D: 5     SV: 1     Unique
RA, SS3

Electrifying People's Elbow
Trademark Finisher / Action
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played The People's Team-specific card.
As an action, cannot be reversed, shuffle this card into your Arsenal and draw 2 cards.  You cannot play Electrifying People's Elbow for the rest of this turn.
F: 20     D: 8     SV: 3     Unique
V5

Electro-Matic
Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Strike
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     RMS logo
V5

Electrifying Leg Drop
Trademark Finisher
This card is not affected by The Most Electrifying Champions of SmackDown!.
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver; when played after a 10D+ maneuver, cannot be reversed.
F: 40     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique
V5

You Bring the A%$, We'll Bring the Whoopin'!
Reversal: Special
When played from your hand, reverse any maneuver and end your opponent's turn. Draw 1 card. During your next turn, your maneuvers cannot be reversed from his Arsenal.
F: 10     D: 0     Unique     Smackdown logo
VEL, SS3

Original WWE Icon
Reverse any Action card and end your opponent's turn.
You may put 1 Maneuver card from your Ringside pile into your hand OR search your Arsenal for 1 non-unique Strike maneuver, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 14     D: 0     Unique
RA
   ---OR---
Original WWE Icon - Throwback
Reverse any Action card and end your opponent's turn. Put 1 card from your Ringside pile into your hand or search your Arsenal for 1 card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 14     D: 0     Unique
RR

Your Brush with Greatness is Over
Action
You must put 1 Maneuver card with printed 5D or greater from your Ring area into your Ringside pile, and then shuffle 5 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.
Then look at the top 5 cards of your opponent's Arsenal and put them back in any order.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique
RA
   ---OR---
Your Brush with Greatness is Over - Throwback
Action
You may put 1 card from your Ring area into your Ringside pile; shuffle up to 5 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal; and then look at the top 5 cards of your opponent's Arsenal and put them back in any order.
SS3

Mutual Respect
Action
You and your opponent each reveal your hand to each other.
Draw up to 2 cards.
If your next card played this turn is a maneuver of a type you do not have in your Ring area, it cannot be reversed.
F: 6     D: 0     Unique
RA
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:08:04 AM by CreedP »
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: The People's Team
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:15:15 AM »
1) VERY Viable in both formats, but far more so in VAA where <R> Transition Hold is a thing that happens.
2)
Pre-match Event
Your People's Team-specific cards are F: 0, and your Mutual Respect and Your Brush With Greatness Is Over cards cannot be reversed.

If this sticks in the ring for the first, say, 5 turns of the game, then People's Team has a great shot of winning.  If not, well...see #6.
3) I haven't, but the most common build I see involves being Heel and getting DLB TB and one other small/cheap move into play (like <R> Transition Hold or a maneuver/reversal), then teeing off on big disruptive moves that aren't Strike or Hold.  It's effective.
4) People's Team has won tournaments locally.  Again, I've never played them, but I've seen them run well and poorly. 
5) Nothing more than I've said before, AND
6) Before Virtual, they were hit or miss.  Either you hit the moves you needed to with them, and then proceeded to roll face or you just lost.  They get the right goods to help them out - Trademark Finishers, Classic Teamwork, The Numbers Game, TB Handicap Match, DLB TB, <R> Transition Hold, <R> Desperate < whatever >...and their Virtual Pre gives their specifics the jump they needed.  The key weakness is that their pre can get scrapped as it's not Permanent - if that happens, they're back to the hold hit or miss times, and that could get ugly quickly. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »
1) People's Team is a monster, presuming you can protect
2) The Most Electrifying Champions of SmackDown!
Pre-match Event

Good lord, is this card strong. Make it permanent, and your opponent might as well scoop. Even if not, there aren't a ton of options for removal, so unless someone's expecting to face something like this, most opponents will be caught out.

What you really need here is a good solid backup plan for if it all goes pear-shaped.

3) I've built them in VAA and VNXT, and won tournaments in both formats. Pimpin got it quite right. In VAA, you stick DLBTB, throw <R> Transition hold (or if you're very lucky, Sidewalk Slam TB as a reversal), and you're off to the races. VNXT is generally Tech in a Bottle for Chain 0, DLBTB, Flawless/Chain 0, and if that doesn't work, get reversal fortitude and start throwing A-Game nonsense like German TB or Shoot Lock-up, which is generally the star card in the deck. Whirlwind Kick is also quite pleasant if you can make it happen.

4) Again, won tournaments in two formats, and if I stuck 8 more Backlash cards in my VNXT deck, I'd give myself good odds of winning in VC, too. The main thing, as before, is you have to protect Electrifying Champions. No matter what format you're playing, that's the key. Now, you can win if you lose that, but it turns off several of your best means of getting on the board. You generally would want to pack Panics to protect yourself, if you have the Backlash space. Panic Assault+Shake, Panic Grab+Poke, and Panic Throw+Clutch still triggers your ability, provided you can stay behind your opponent long enough to get that stuff through.

5) As much as I like them, I can't help but wonder if they're too strong as it stands. I know that Electrifying can be removed, but if you aren't expecting to need/benefit from Backlash removal, and aren't one of the small handful of superstars who can just do it whenever they want, you'll find you're in for a hurting turn 1.

6) BP nailed it. They had a weakness in Classic that got very seriously limited in Virtual. They aren't a deck that will surprise you often; you're getting hard to reverse maneuvers early, then big beefy stuff until you die. Prepare for that, and you'll throw them off their game, but if you can't thwart their main trick, you aren't likely to win.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Online rated SRH

• +32/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 08:37:18 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?
Put it this way they have the best ability in all of Raw Deal. There isn't a debate to that.
So yes, they are REALLY strong.

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
Pre-match Event
Your People's Team-specific cards are F: 0, and your Mutual Respect and Your Brush With Greatness Is Over cards cannot be reversed.
V1

This is where the money is made. They just need two moves or a multi type move and it's over. They also can have a broken scoop tech with Brass Nuks. Once ability triggers and they throw Brass Nuks that's it game over.

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
Build them a few times. Never lost with them. Kinda hard to lose when you just need two cheap moves....

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
They obviously abuse Poke/Shake with Panics in VC. In VAA they are LETHAL once you play Dirty Low Blow TB and <R> Transition Hold. VAA they can win the game turn two.

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?
Really, Really strong deck. Almost broken.They only need one specific to make them win.
AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

They have access to  <R> Transition Hold that and their pre makes them a serious threat. If you play these guys they can scoop you within a turn.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »
Wow.....I guess not much need be said here.....the prime example of the "lazy deck" and someone who has it wayyyy too easy, especially since his nightmare matchups (like Flair) have been kicked down.....maybe it's time for a revision on these guys......or an appearance in Indianapolis......
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 09:30:06 AM »
Wow.....I guess not much need be said here.....the prime example of the "lazy deck" and someone who has it wayyyy too easy, especially since his nightmare matchups (like Flair) have been kicked down.....maybe it's time for a revision on these guys......or an appearance in Indianapolis......

To be fair (and punches/RP: Leg aside) a proper sponge deck will give them fits too, since their SSA never blocks Arsenal.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 09:33:03 AM »
To be fair (and punches/RP: Leg aside) a proper sponge deck will give them fits too, since their SSA never blocks Arsenal.

....or they throw something totally dirty like a punch after punch, or a gut punch TB that you can't do anything about until it's too late either, only so much you can sponge if he gets your ring of cards like sustained and then rips at your arsenal.....it's still wayyyyy too easy for them (yes I know you can Volley the PaP, but that's as good as taking damage from it by then...removing 18 from the game is no joke)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »
Or hell, don't pack You Bring the Ass, let them reverse your big ugly crap from Arsenal, then Slingshot into the Ring Post with competing protections, good game good sir.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Online rated SRH

• +32/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:50 AM »

....or they throw something totally dirty like a punch after punch, or a gut punch TB that you can't do anything about until it's too late either, only so much you can sponge if he gets your ring of cards like sustained and then rips at your arsenal.....it's still wayyyyy too easy for them (yes I know you can Volley the PaP, but that's as good as taking damage from it by then...removing 18 from the game is no joke)

To add to this NO sponge deck wants to remove 18 cards in their ringside pile from the game. That is just as crippling as taking the damage. Since they get all the text from the played cards nuking the opponent's ring is no issue. Also if you think Undermine the Competition saves you it won't. They can build around it to guarantee their ability stays.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 12:31:00 AM »
I do mine WWE HOMECOMING MIXED WITH BASH AND EXTRA MULTIS! AS you get off at least your MULTIS then your set easily!