Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Shawn Michaels  (Read 700 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Shawn Michaels
« on: March 05, 2017, 04:29:56 AM »
I was suppose to post this yesterday. However work and packing to move has ate a ton of my time. So I apologize this was late.
Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Shawn Michaels!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Shawn Michaels
Starting Hand Size: 5     Superstar Value: 5
Superstar Ability: You may pack an additional 2 Pre-match cards and an additional 2 Mid-match cards in your Backlash deck, and an up to additional 15 cards in your Arsenal.
INX, SS3

DX Crotch Chop
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed by Two-Man Power Trip.
During your turn, you may hide this card to remove up to 5 Superstar-specific cards in your Ringside from the game, then shuffle up to double that number of cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.  When your next card played this turn is a maneuver, it cannot be reversed from Backlash.
Your Revolution The Degenerates gains your logo.
Unique     RMS logo
V1

Mr. Hall of Fame
Backstage Card
Can only be packed by Shawn Michaels.
Do not discard for The Legend Lives On, when that card is in your Ring, it is blank.
At the end of the Pre-match phase when you do not have a Corner or Storyline in your Ring, choose one:  your Ability is blank, and you may put Drawing a Blank from your Backlash into your Ring; OR when you reverse a Superstar-specific card from hand, you may discard 1 card and then search your Arsenal for 1 non-reversal Superstar-specific card, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
Unique     RMS logo
V7

The Heartbreak Kid...The Headliner... Mr. Wrestlemania
Pre-match Event
Cannot be packed by DX.
When packing this card, your Shawn Michaels-specific cards are not Cheater or Fan Favorite.
Your Pre-match Capacity is +3, and your opponent cannot play I'm Gonna Break You.
The Activated Card Effect of your Wrestlemania cannot be reversed, and when you have resolved it, draw 2 cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
V1

The Icon ... The Showstoppa ... The Main Event
Pre-match Event
At the end of the Pre-match phase, search your Arsenal for 1 Unique card, 1 non-Unique Reversal card, and 1 Trademark Finisher, reveal them to your opponent, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
When this card is in your Ring area, your Superstar Value is +1.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

Just Waitin' For You, Sweetheart
Mid-match Reversal: Special
Cannot be packed by DX.
When you are a Throwback Superstar, this card is F: 0.
Reverse any non-Superstar-specific non-maneuver card, and you may choose to have the reversed card put into your opponent's Ring instead.
ACE:  Once during each of your turns, you may remove 1 other card in your Ring from the game and then put 1 non-Unique reversal from your Ringside into your hand.
F: 20     D: 0     Unique     WWF Classic logo
V4

All Things Are Possible
Mid-match Action
Can only be played when you have fewer cards in your hand than your opponent.
Search your Arsenal for 1 card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
VEN, SS3

Grapple With Your Faith
Grapple
When played, randomly choose 3 cards in your opponent’s hand.
This card can only be reversed by the chosen cards or from his Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 7     Cheater logo
GAB

Flying Forearm
Strike + High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played 3D or greater maneuver or the card titled Irish Whip. Can only be reversed from your opponent's hand.
As a reversal, reverse any maneuver played after the card titled Irish Whip and end your opponent's turn.
F: 5     D: 8     Unique     Multi
UNF

Top Rope Elbow Drop
High Risk
Can only be played after the card titled From the Top Rope.
Can only be reversed from your opponent's Arsenal.
F: 7     D: 13     SV: 2     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

Shawn's Splash
High Risk
When you are a Throwback Superstar, this card is -5F.
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver or if you reversed a card to end your opponent's turn and this is the first card played on your turn.  When it is the first card played on your turn or Ladder in the Ring is in your Ring, look at his hand and choose 1 card; he discards the chosen card.
F: 15     D: 10     SV: 1     Unique     WWF Classic logo
V4

Sweet Chin Music
Trademark Finisher / Action / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played 5D or greater maneuver.
As an action, this card is -30F and -20D, discard this card and put 1 other Maneuver card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
As a reversal, when played from your hand, reverse any Strike or Grapple maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     Raw logo
PRO, INX, SS3

The Legend Lives On
Reversal: Special
Reverse any Chain, Heat, Throwback, Volley, or Restricted Modification Symbol card and end your opponent's turn. Discard your hand.
When this card is in your Ring area, during your turn your Maneuver cards in your Ringside pile and played from your Ringside pile are Heat cards, and your Maneuver cards played from your hand are Chain cards.
F: 0     D: 2     Unique     Errata
ARM

Don't Hunt What You Can't Kill
Reversal: Special
Reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 2     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

I'm Just a Sexy Boy
Action / Reversal: Action
As an action, can only be played as the first card of your turn and cannot be reversed when your opponent is a Female Superstar. Draw up to 6 cards.
As a reversal, reverse any Action card and end your opponent's turn. He discards 4 cards.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
DO, SS3

Tuning Up the Band
Action
Search your Arsenal or Ringside pile for 1 Unique card, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
If your next card played this turn is a maneuver, you may ignore the "Can only be played after..." text.
F: 7     D: 0     Fan Favorite logo
NWO

The Heart Break Kid
Action
Your opponent overturns cards equal to his Superstar Value plus the number of Action cards and Maneuver cards in his Ring area.
F: 10     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

I've Got Two Words For Ya ...
Action
All players discard their hands or all players put all cards in their Ring area into their Ringside pile.
Draw up to 2 cards.
F: 15     D: 0     Unique
FL, SS1, SS2, SS3
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Shawn Michaels
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:16:53 AM »
**This is gonna be a lengthy post.**

They don't come anymore viable than Shawn Michaels. Shawn is a jack of all trades. The Swiss army knife of Raw Deal. A few years ago I sat at home and wanted to bring something so off the wall to World's. I was flipping through my binder and saw Shawn and instantly knew he was the right deck to take. I went on to go undefeated at World's with Shawn Michaels in VAA. Played what is my favorite match of all time against Jake aka Softcore Legend. He was very impressed by how well Shawn was made. This was prior to his backstage card being released.

Yeah, I'd like to show off two of his cards.

The Icon ... The Showstoppa ... The Main Event
Pre-match Event
At the end of the Pre-match phase, search your Arsenal for 1 Unique card, 1 non-Unique Reversal card, and 1 Trademark Finisher, reveal them to your opponent, put them into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
When this card is in your Ring area, your Superstar Value is +1.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo

This is my all time favorite card in Raw Deal. I place it second to the Limo. Mainly because JBL can drop that anytime. Where Shawn has to wait until the event phase. Grabs key stuff that with a 75 card arsenal is hard to reliably draw.

Mr. Hall of Fame
Backstage Card
Can only be packed by Shawn Michaels.
Do not discard for The Legend Lives On, when that card is in your Ring, it is blank.
At the end of the Pre-match phase when you do not have a Corner or Storyline in your Ring, choose one:  your Ability is blank, and you may put Drawing a Blank from your Backlash into your Ring; OR when you reverse a Superstar-specific card from hand, you may discard 1 card and then search your Arsenal for 1 non-reversal Superstar-specific card, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
Unique     RMS logo
V7

Now remember when I said I'd did all that winning before this card....To say I was shocked he got this was an understatement. Now it's worth noting what I did with Shawn at Worlds, cannot be done if you pack this. This beautiful card here allows him to be even more flexible. Yeah cause Shawn had trouble with that before haha. I've actually tried both options on this card. I feel Drawing a Blank is the best route. In VC a Pre-match of Calgary, Wrestlemania, Drawing a Blank and 75 card arsenal is well broken for lack of a better term. Plus whatever else he wants to pack to recover. Shawn recovers at a rate that make Sami and Booker go...DAMN.

3.)How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

Man...I've built Shawn countless ways. He does so many things well. He is all over the place. Strong point is the obscene recovery he has. At Worlds I built him with Undertaker in his corner. Used the Storyline to open with Lord of Darkness every game. I have never lost when I played that deck. The deck list to that is posted under VAA deck section.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

Shawn is one of those rare guys, that in my opinion from years of testing and playing, he is top 3 in all formats he is allowed in. Shawn has such an advantage over everyone. Bigger Backlash, bigger arsenal, better recovery. You honestly can't want more from a deck. There isn't a downside to all his advantages either. He is extremely powerful in VAA. Don't think for a second him endlessly getting  <R> Iconic Kip-up with Drawing a Blank cannot easily win Worlds. That card is just as if not better than Divine Intervention since it doesn't remove itself. Shawn has a TON of dangerous VAA cards.

I have always had a soft spot for Shawn since he helped me get noticed in Raw Deal. I can 100% honestly say he's in my opinion the best the game has to offer. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at World's by either myself or someone else.

AND

6.) Since this Superstar is a Legacy one (in that he was in the game before Virtual) can you elaborate a little on how Virtual has changed this Superstar?

Virtual gave him the backstage card to endlessly recycle back his specific Divine. On top of all the luxuries he has already. So yeah, Virtual was very kind to old Shawn Michaels haha. Shawn was a top guy before Virtual, he's a top guy now to this day.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Mtg4life

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »
The only lists ive ever seen him play always involve heat cards. Thts how i have him built and ive seen a few similar. Any recommendations on other Shawn lists without heat ?

Offline rachelmon

• +24/-21
  • woo woo woo, you know it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »
As he do not have a specific ability for him to work on, he is free to build in any ways.

The Icon ... The Showstoppa ... The Main Event. Still feels that this card is too strong to be able to search for Unique card as now everything is unique in Virtual.

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
Heat, Chain, Volley, BASH. Been there done that. Work out fairly well.

8/10. 75 cards arsenal is still a pain in the ass to beat.

Just have not enough sleeves to form him. HAHA.

AND

Crotch Chop + Wrestlemania + 75 Arsenal = Long Live the HBK.