Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: The Wyatt Family  (Read 623 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +30/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: The Wyatt Family
« on: February 24, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »
Standing in today for Drew.
Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in The Wyatt Family!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

The Wyatt Family
Starting Hand Size: 8     Superstar Value: 3
Stable Superstar Ability:  Once during each of your turns you may remove up to 2 cards in your hand from the game and your next maneuver played is -2F and +2D for each card removed this way.
You can pack Bray Wyatt hidden in your Backstage Area.  You are a Tag Team.
V7

Bray Wyatt
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 3
Superstar Ability:  When your opponent plays a card, you may remove 1 reversal in your hand from the game, and his card is -4D.
You cannot pack Ring Psychology: Arm or Beg For Mercy.
V7

Rowan's Sheep Mask
Backstage Card
When you are Erick Rowan, your Superstar-specific maneuvers are considered to have blank text and are not Multi for your card effects.
Your opponent's non-unique non-Superstar-specific reversals deal no more than 2D, and when he would draw from their text, he does not.
Unique     RMS logo
V7

The Lantern
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed when packing Denville, New Jersey or Dallas, Texas.
Your opponent's non-F: 0 cards are +#F, where # is half the number of your non-Backlash cards removed from the game, rounded down.
During his turn, he may overturn any number of cards and then you put the same number of your cards removed from the game on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique     RMS logo
V7

The Rocking Chair
Pre-match Object
Cannot be blanked.
Put Bray Wyatt from your Backstage Area on top of this card.
During your turn, when your Arsenal contains 15 or less cards, you may put Bray Wyatt from on top of this card into your Backstage Area revealed; that Ability is added to your Ability.
When your opponent moves a non-Superstar-specific card from his Ringside without playing a card or Activating a Stipulation, you may draw 1 card.
F: 0      D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

We're Here
Pre-match Event
Can be played during any Pre-match phase. Cannot be blanked.  Your cards with 'break you', 'interest', or 'switcheroo' in the title are blank.
Until the first turn of the game, your opponent's non-Superstar-specific Pre-match effects cannot blank your non-Stipulation cards, discard cards from your hand or Backlash, move cards from your Ring, reduce your Starting Hand Size, or prevent you from playing Pre-match cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Follow the Buzzards
Mid-match Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, this card is -1F for every 2 of your cards that are removed from game, and can only be reversed by Superstar-specific reversals; shuffle up to 3 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any non-Superstar-specific non-maneuver card.
When successfully played, draw up to 3 cards, then remove 1 card in your hand from the game.
F: 9     D: 0     Unique
V7

Rowan's Cranial Crunch
Submission + Submission
When played, you may remove 2 cards in your Ringside from the game; if you do, this card can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards.
F: 0     D: 6     Unique     Multi
V7

Bayou Face Stretch
Submission + Submission
When this card is 12D+, can only be reversed from hand by 2 reversal cards, or from Arsenal.
F: 8     D: 8     SV: 1     Unique     Multi
V7

Harper's Big Boot
Strike / Reversal: Strike
As a maneuver, this card is -2F and +2D.
Before your Draw Segment, when this card is removed from game or in your Ringside, you may put it on the bottom of your Arsenal, and when you are Luke Harper, you may then draw up to 1 card.
F: 10     D: 6     SV: 1     Unique
V7

Rowan's Monster Splash
Trademark Finisher
Can only be played after a 5D+ maneuver or as a Counter (to a printed 5D+ maneuver).
When you are Erick Rowan, this card is +5D and Multi.
Put up to 3 of your cards from your Ringside and/or removed from the game into your hand.
F: 25     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique
V7

Harper's Big Power Bomb
Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Special
When you are Luke Harper or this card is Multi, cannot be reversed from Backlash and ignore 'completely' on your opponent's reversals and effects to this card.
As a reversal, reverse any High Risk.
F: 35      D: 25     SV: 3        Unique
V7

Sister Abigail
Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, when you are Bray Wyatt, can only be reversed from Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any non-Superstar-specific Unique maneuver; when you are Bray Wyatt, reverse any Unique card instead.
Before your Draw Segment, when this card is removed from the game, you may overturn 2 cards and then put it on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 35     D: 25     SV: 3     Unique
V7

Do Not Fear The Wolves Led by a Sheep
Reversal: Special
When played from hand, reverse any Superstar-specific card, your opponent overturns cards until he overturns 1 Superstar-specific card. Search your Arsenal and Ringside for Fear the Sheep Led by a Wolf, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
F: 7     D: 0     Unique
V7

Yeahyeahyeahyeah
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, shuffle up to 4 cards removed from the game into your Arsenal and then Promo: 4.
As a reversal, reverse any non-maneuver card or any Activated Card Effect.
When this card is in your Ring, your Luke Harper-specific maneuvers are Multi.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Fear the Sheep Led by a Wolf
Action / Reversal: Special
This card is -8F when Do Not Fear the Wolves Led by a Sheep is in your Ring.
As an action, draw up to 3 cards, look at your opponent's hand, choose 1 Superstar-specific card, and he discards all cards in his hand with that title.
As a reversal, when played from hand, reverse any Superstar-specific card and draw 1 card.
When this card is in your Ring and you successfully play a Superstar-specific card, draw 1 card.
F: 19     D: 0     Unique
V7
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:27:32 AM by CreedP »
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: The Wyatt Family
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?

One of my favorite decks....tag team and stable support, they may you pay for their stuff beiong removed from the game, excellent support cards and reversals...all good stuff....these are one of "THOSE DECKS" you had BETTER be ready for since if you're not ready for plunge they will faceroll you FAST

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 

Obvious card is obvious:

The Lantern
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed when packing Denville, New Jersey or Dallas, Texas.
Your opponent's non-F: 0 cards are +#F, where # is half the number of your non-Backlash cards removed from the game, rounded down.
During his turn, he may overturn any number of cards and then you put the same number of your cards removed from the game on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique     RMS logo

Like I said...plunge plan or DIE.....

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

Went 3-2 in the v7 Lackey event, shoulda done better, especially since I had tested them so much, they're still a VERY good deck, especially since their moves fit well with their ability

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
VC and nXt are givens (thanks to We're Here).....VAA is intriguing and now they have Revo support!

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?
I need to look at these guys again....soon...... RUN!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Suicidal_Sephiroth

• +30/-30
  • The Following Sephy is Rated R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 01:00:33 AM »
Okay I might get some heat for this post, but I'm going to post my honest opinion.

1. How viable is this superstar?
Not really viable at all, it's unfortunate that Luke Harper and Eric Rowan are much better by themselves than with the Wyatt Family. I would like to try and build them but just how they currently look doesn't appeal to me at all. Breaks my heart really.

2. Is there a Superstar Specific Card You'd Like to Spotlight.
The Lantern. Everyone builds the wyatts or Bray based around the Lantern, yeah it's a powerful card and can sorta force overturn but if you build your entire deck around it and it doesn't effect your opponent like if they are based around rms moves or just play a lot of 0 fort maneuvers then you just essentially removed half your deck for nothing. But the worst part is you can't force them into a lock with lantern, since they can overturn enough to play what they need.

3. Have you built said superstar?

No, I've looked them over several times, and Luke Harper by himself looks fairly fun just the Wyatt's together just seem really meh. Sure they can get techy with boot laces or german suplexes but it's just nothing that sets them apart from other superstars that can do similar things.

4. How well does the superstar fare in current formats?

Very middle of the road, you could build a solid deck around them and their superstar specifics just happen to be there, adding little to nothing to a deck. Could build them heat, volley, chain, bash. But they just feel very unfocused to me.

5. Final Thoughts on this superstar.
I'm sure my opinion is very unpopular  but thought I would share it anyways. What I always say when my friend talks about building them is "Play Doink if you want to do lantern shenanigans".

Not begging for things about them to be fixed, I've seen worse superstars and not everyone can be obviously top-tier. But as they stand right now, I wouldn't expect to see them at a world's tournament in any format or even doing well in larger local tournaments.
If you're interested in watching some rpg's or action games feel free to follow my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/sephiroth_strife

Offline rated SRH

• +30/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 02:34:31 AM »
Okay I might get some heat for this post, but I'm going to post my honest opinion.

1. How viable is this superstar?
Not really viable at all, it's unfortunate that Luke Harper and Eric Rowan are much better by themselves than with the Wyatt Family. I would like to try and build them but just how they currently look doesn't appeal to me at all. Breaks my heart really.

2. Is there a Superstar Specific Card You'd Like to Spotlight.
The Lantern. Everyone builds the wyatts or Bray based around the Lantern, yeah it's a powerful card and can sorta force overturn but if you build your entire deck around it and it doesn't effect your opponent like if they are based around rms moves or just play a lot of 0 fort maneuvers then you just essentially removed half your deck for nothing. But the worst part is you can't force them into a lock with lantern, since they can overturn enough to play what they need.

3. Have you built said superstar?

No, I've looked them over several times, and Luke Harper by himself looks fairly fun just the Wyatt's together just seem really meh. Sure they can get techy with boot laces or german suplexes but it's just nothing that sets them apart from other superstars that can do similar things.

4. How well does the superstar fare in current formats?

Very middle of the road, you could build a solid deck around them and their superstar specifics just happen to be there, adding little to nothing to a deck. Could build them heat, volley, chain, bash. But they just feel very unfocused to me.

5. Final Thoughts on this superstar.
I'm sure my opinion is very unpopular  but thought I would share it anyways. What I always say when my friend talks about building them is "Play Doink if you want to do lantern shenanigans".

Not begging for things about them to be fixed, I've seen worse superstars and not everyone can be obviously top-tier. But as they stand right now, I wouldn't expect to see them at a world's tournament in any format or even doing well in larger local tournaments.

Wyatts are extremely powerful. They can cut fortitude off their moves which is extremely important. Free German Suplex TB is NO JOKE. They also get to Shoot Lock Up faster. Plus their reversals are sooooo good. Going around the Lantern is fine. However there are other and in my opinion better ways. They do not need anything at the moment to help them.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +482/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
As an aside, that's one of the good things about having so many Superstars in Raw Deal.  If one person just doesn't 'see it' when it comes to the strength and capabilities, there's other options (like Doink as mentioned).

We try to design with that in mind, like the most recent holiday set... you have a guy like Stardust with a lot of moving parts and integration of effects, then we have someone more straightforward like KO.  Different styles for different people.  :)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Suicidal_Sephiroth

• +30/-30
  • The Following Sephy is Rated R
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 10:30:32 AM »
yeah exactly, some superstars are going to appeal to other people differently. I figured it'd be a unpopular opinion, but not all the opinions can be love and fluff. :)
If you're interested in watching some rpg's or action games feel free to follow my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/sephiroth_strife

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 09:52:43 PM »
Also, if we made a Superstar that made Doink obsolete because they did what Doink does even more efficiently, I think that we'd have a riot on our hands.  :laugh:
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.