Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: The Texas Rattlesnake  (Read 541 times)

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Superstar Spotlight: The Texas Rattlesnake
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:38:31 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

The Texas Rattlesnake
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 7
Legend Superstar Ability:  Once during each of your turns, you may allow all players to draw 1 card, and then all opponents discard 2 cards.  When you reverse a card to end his turn, he cannot continue his turn.
You may pack Unique Stone Cold Steve Austin-specific Arsenal cards and And That's the Bottom Line...  You cannot pack Corners, Managers, or Run-ins.
V5

The New Legends of the WWE
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you may pack No Sell Maneuver, and your Superstar-specific cards can be packed as if they are not Raw or Smackdown.
During your turn you may hide this card and shuffle 4 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
Unique
V5

Tough Enough Head Trainer - Throwback
Backstage Card
When you play a Superstar-specific card as a Counter (to a maneuver), you may ignore the "Can only be played..." text.
Your opponent must discard 1 card to reverse your Superstar-specific cards from hand or Backlash.
When he plays a card that moves cards in your Ring, you may remove 1 card in your hand from the game and the number of cards moved is reduced to 0.
Unique     RMS logo
V5

And That's the Bottom Line...
Mid-match Reversal: Special
When played by The Two Man Power Trip, this card is -9F.
Reverse any Strike, Grapple, or Submission maneuver and end your opponent's turn. Search your Ringside pile and Arsenal for the card titled ...'Cause Stone Cold Said So!, reveal it to him, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 18     D: 0     Unique
IAG, SS3

Stomp a Mudhole...
Strike
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
Cannot be reversed.
When successfully played, you may search your Arsenal and Ringside pile for the card titled ...Walk It Dry, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
F: 5     D: 7     SV: 1     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

Austin Elbow Smash
High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played 5D or greater maneuver.
Cannot be reversed.
F: 8     D: 10     Unique
PRE, SS1, SS2, SS3

Stone Cold Stunner
Trademark Finisher
This card is -6F when played after a card with the word "kick" in the title.
F: 30     D: 25     SV: 3     Unique
PRO, PRE, SS1, SS2, SS3

Double Digits
Reversal: Special
Reverse any Strike, Grapple, or Submission maneuver and end your opponent's turn. He discards 2 cards and overturns 2 cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
PRE, SS1, SS2, SS3

Lou Thesz Press - Throwback
When played from your hand, reverse any maneuver played after the card titled Irish Whip and end your opponent’s turn. You may draw 1 card.
F: 0     D: 15     Unique
PRE, SS1, SS2
   ---OR---
Lou Thesz Press - Throwback
High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after the card titled Irish Whip or a successfully played 5D or greater Strike maneuver.
As a reversal, this card is -5F, reverse any maneuver played after the card titled Irish Whip and end your opponent's turn. You may draw 1 card.
F: 5     D: 15     Unique
SS3

Don't Trust Nobody
Reverse any non-Trademark-Finisher maneuver and end your opponent's turn. You may look at his hand.
F: 9     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

Tough Enough - Throwback
Reverse any non-Unique hybrid maneuver, or when you are The Texas Rattlesnake or Trish Stratus, reverse any maneuver; put the reversed maneuver under this card.
When this card is in your Ring, during your opponent's turn before his Draw Segment, he may randomly discard 2 cards and then put the card under this card on the bottom of his Arsenal.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique
V5

Can of Beer
Action + Action
When you are The Sandman, this card is ECW.
You may overturn 2 cards and discard 2 cards to play this card from Ringside.
Draw up to 2 cards and shuffle up to 2 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
ACE:  During your turn, you may overturn 2 cards and then discard 2 cards and put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 2     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V6

Open Up a Can of Whoop-A%$
Action
Draw 1 card.
Your next maneuver played this turn is +6D and your opponent's Reversal cards to it are +20F.
F: 2     D: 0     Unique
PRE, SS1, SS2, SS3

Gimme a Hell Yeah!
Action
Draw up to # cards, where # is equal to the number of Superstar-specific cards in your Ring area. # cannot be greater than 6.
F: 6     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

Rattlesnake Rulz
Action
Draw 1 card. Your next card played this turn cannot be reversed.
F: 7     D: 0     Unique
TIN, SS3

...'Cause Stone Cold Said So!
Action
Can only be played when the card titled And That's the Bottom Line... is in your Ring area.
You may put 1 Action card from your opponent's Ring area into his Ringside pile.
When this card is in your Ring area, during your turn you may put this card into your Ringside pile and your next card played this turn is F:0.
F: 9     D: 0     Unique
IAG, SS3

...Walk It Dry
Action
Can only be played when the card titled Stomp a Mudhole... is in your Ring area.
Discard 1 card, shuffle up to # cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal, and your opponent overturns # cards, where # is equal to your Superstar Value.
F: 12     D: 0     Unique     Raw logo
INX, SS3

Unleash Hell
Action
When your Fortitude Rating is less than your opponent's Fortitude Rating, this card is -13F.
Put up to 5 cards from your hand on top of your Arsenal, shuffle up to double that many cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal, and then draw the same number of cards you shuffled into your Arsenal.
F: 16     D: 0     Unique
UNF
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: The Texas Rattlesnake
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:03:59 AM »
One of my favorites right here.

1. VERY viable

2. His backstage, Head Trainer, not only the counter part, but he can also protect cards in his ring for almost nothing??

3. Yes and one of my most competitive decks IMO

4. Only ever built him in VC and NXT and he is very good

5. Not sure I need to say much that won't be said. He is great, constantly feeds his own hand while killing his opponents slowly. His backstage gives access to a lot of his older cards easily and he gets legend support (besides jimmy and bob)

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:18:39 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?
VERY, he's won a Lackey tourney on here and I'm pretty sure Brian brought it to the Finals in Indianpolis, that alone says it all

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
New Legends of the WWE ....any legend who can no sell/oversell is pretty damned set when it comes to basic reversals

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
Didn't have to....tested against Brian's chain version and that was enough...

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
Viable in any format of Raw Deal he can legally play.....more on this below

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?
Great ability and I think he makes the best use of all Austin's support cards (better than any version of SCSA), someone you always cringe to sit down against
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:13 AM »
To add onto this before answering the questions: yes TTR was my VC worlds pick.  Beat Brock Lesnar (19 card starting hand), beat Stephanie McMahon x 2 (both times Steph copied TTR's SSA, as she was also a chain deck) and lost to Genetic Jackhammer, because he was ready for hand nuke. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline AfghanYeti88

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 10:12:47 AM »
To add onto this before answering the questions: yes TTR was my VC worlds pick.  Beat Brock Lesnar (19 card starting hand), beat Stephanie McMahon x 2 (both times Steph copied TTR's SSA, as she was also a chain deck) and lost to Genetic Jackhammer, because he was ready for hand nuke.

Could you send me a message with tips on the build? Im building him now for a local tournament, but Im still pretty new to knowing the non virtual cards are and what I should look for to add. Thanks for the help!
"If a man has enough power, he can speak softly and everyone will listen." - Jake Roberts

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »

Could you send me a message with tips on the build? Im building him now for a local tournament, but Im still pretty new to knowing the non virtual cards are and what I should look for to add. Thanks for the help!

There's no real special tricks or bells and whistles to it, he's a basic chain deck with a hand destruction ability, that's what makes him so good, he's powerful and straight-forward!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!