Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Stardust  (Read 394 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Stardust
« on: January 28, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »
Drew is currently tied up with some non Raw Deal business. He's asked me to post today's Superstar Spotlight on Stardust!  If you'd like to see a specific Superstar, LMK via PM's and I'll put it in the queue.

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

STARDUST
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 3
Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns, you may force your opponent to reveal the top 4 cards of his Arsenal. He chooses 1 revealed card, puts it in his hand when it is a reversal, and then shuffles.
You can pack non-Foreign Object non-Trademark Finisher Cody Rhodes maneuvers, but you cannot pack Corners. Your Cartwheel is Unique.
VHS2

The Interdimensional Oddity
Backstage Card
When the card chosen for your Ability is a reversal, you may look at his hand, choose 1 card with a different title, and he discards the card you chose.
When his chosen card is a maneuver, and the next card you play is a maneuver, it is -#F, where # is the Fortitude of his chosen card.
When his chosen card is an action or antic, draw up to 1 card.
Unique     RMS logo
VHS2

Written In The Stars
Backstage Card
When your opponent plays a non-Superstar-specific non-maneuver card with "stun" in the text, he discards 1 card. 
Your Superstar-specific cards are considered to not have Stun Value for your effects.
Your Cartwheel is also "Reversal: Card with Stun Value".
Unique     RMS logo
VHS2

From the Outer Reaches of the Galaxy
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.  Can be played during the Venue phase.
At the end of the Pre-match Phase, overturn 5 cards, put up to 2 cards in your Ringside into your hand, and put 1 card from your hand on top of your Arsenal.
When your opponent chooses a maneuver for your Ability: when your Fortitude Rating is 15+, draw up to 1 card; and when the maneuver is F:0 and your next card played this turn is a maneuver, it cannot be reversed by hybrid or Unique reversals from hand or Backlash.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
VHS2

The Rhodes Drop Down Uppercut
Mid-match Strike / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -12F and +2D, can only be played after a successfully played 4D+ maneuver and cannot be reversed from hand or Backlash.
As a reversal, reverse any Activated Card Effect or a card played after a Set-Up card; when you are the Rhodes Brothers, your opponent's Fortitude Rating is 15+, and you have either lower Fortitude or fewer cards in hand, this card is -16F.
F: 16     D: 4     SV: 1     Unique
V7

Don't Call Me Cody!
Mid-match Reversal: Special
As a reversal, reverse any card with Stun Value or any non-maneuver card.
When you successfully play a Cody Rhodes-specific card, discard 1 card. When your opponent successfully plays a maneuver or a printed D: 3+ reversal, he discards 1 card.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
VHS2

The Prince of Dark Matter
Mid-match Action
When your opponent choose a maneuver for your Ability this turn, he cannot respond to this card.
When this card is in your Ring: your Dark Matter is -5F; he cannot draw more than 2 cards when drawing for Stun Value; and when you successfully play a maneuver without Stun Value or when he successfully plays a maneuver with Stun Value, put up to 1 random card from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
VHS2

Cody's Bulldog
Grapple / Reversal: Special
When you are Cody Rhodes, this card is -4F.
As a maneuver, when played as a Counter, cannot be reversed by D: 1+ cards; your opponent puts 1 card from his hand on the bottom of his Arsenal.
As a reversal, when overturned, reverse any non-Unique maneuver or non-damage effect and draw 1 card.
F: 4     D: 8     SV: 1     Unique
V7

Cody's Rope-Assisted Kick
Strike + Strike / Action + Action
When played after a successfully played card or as a Counter, cannot be reversed by non-Unique reversals from hand.
As an action, this card is -6F; shuffle this card into your Arsenal.
Your opponent discards 1 random card.
F: 10     D: 8     SV: 2     Unique     Multi
V7

Beautiful Disaster
High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -6F, and can only be played after a successfully played card; when played after a maneuver, can only be reversed by non-Face D: 0 reversal cards.
As a reversal, reverse any Strike or Action.
F: 12     D: 6     SV: 1     Unique
V5

Cody's Flying Drop Kick
High Risk / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played card; when that card was a maneuver, your opponent discards 2 cards when successfully played, and when that card was From The Top Rope, can only be reversed from Arsenal.
As a reversal, reverse any Strike or any maneuver played after either a Set-up card or a Follow-up card.
F: 14     D: 11     SV: 2     Unique
V3

Falling Star
High Risk / Action / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a Stardust-specific card or as a Counter (with a Stardust-specific card) and cannot be reversed from hand.
As an action, this card is -10F, shuffle this card into your Arsenal, your opponent reveals 1 random card from hand, and it is considered to be chosen for your Ability for The Interdimensional Oddity.
As a reversal, reverse any card that would move cards from any player's Ringside.
F: 15     D: 5     Unique
VHS2

Diamond Dust
Grapple + High Risk
Can only be played after Throw into the Corner Turnbuckle or a successfully played 5D+ maneuver.
When played, your opponent discards his Backlash.
When unsuccessfully played, he may put 1 Mid-match card from his Ringside into his Backlash.
F: 20     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     Multi
VHS2

Dark Matter
Trademark Finisher / Action / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -10F and cannot be reversed from Backlash.
As an action, this card is F: 0 and your opponent cannot respond to it; shuffle this card into your Arsenal, and you may put The Prince of Dark Matter from your Ringside or cards removed from the game into your Backlash.
As a reversal, reverse any card with ‘draw’ or ‘shuffle’ in the text.
When this card is in your Ring, your Ability gains the text "Your opponent randomly reveals 1 card drawn for his Draw Segment."
F: 30    D: 15     SV: 3     Unique
VHS2

The Queen's Crossbow
Trademark Finisher
Cannot be packed by The Rhodes Brothers.
Can be played from your Backstage Area.
Can only be played after a 3D+ maneuver or as a Counter, and when successfully played, your opponent puts 4 random cards from his hand on the bottom of his Arsenal.
When this card is in your hand or Ringside and you successfully play a Stardust-specific card, you may put this card in your Backstage Area and draw 1 card.
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique
VHS2

Embrace the Strange
Reversal: Special
Reverse any card, and the reversed card is considered to be chosen for your Ability for The Interdimensional Oddity.
Promo: 5, and put up to 3 of the cards not chosen on the bottom of your Arsenal.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique
VHS2

Across the Fifth Dimension
Action + Action
Ignore 'completely' text on your opponent’s reversals to this card.
Promo: 5, reveal the card chosen, and it is considered to be chosen for your Ability for The Interdimensional Oddity.
Shuffle up to 5 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique     Multi
VHS2
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Stardust
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »

Eh? He's a bit of an oddball and he can do some strange things and has access to some REALLY good Cody Rhodes *hissssss* moves, but there's just something missing with him me thinks....

The Interdimensional Oddity
Backstage Card
When the card chosen for your Ability is a reversal, you may look at his hand, choose 1 card with a different title, and he discards the card you chose.
When his chosen card is a maneuver, and the next card you play is a maneuver, it is -#F, where # is the Fortitude of his chosen card.
When his chosen card is an action or antic, draw up to 1 card.
Unique     RMS logo

This is the card you build around with him....just that it's too dependant on how your opponent builds his deck to really make it sing....unless they're packing a ton of hybrids....then you're golden!

I think I made him shoot for testing....it was as meh as I sound like I am about the superstar....when I need to resort to "standard deck building gimmicks" to make a deck good I become disinterested in the deck....I don't need to make the same deck 800 times....

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

I'd give him a C-, but I did get disinterested in him pretty quickly....

I'd like to see his "anti-stun" theme pushed a bit more....that might make him more appealing to me
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Stardust
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 06:59:22 PM »
Stardust is really a dark horse among the Fastlane superstars. He feels like he has a good mix of actual threat yet maintaining a gimmick. Of course, having access to Cody's cards helps!

Dark Matter
Trademark Finisher / Action / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -10F and cannot be reversed from Backlash.
As an action, this card is F: 0 and your opponent cannot respond to it; shuffle this card into your Arsenal, and you may put The Prince of Dark Matter from your Ringside or cards removed from the game into your Backlash.
As a reversal, reverse any card with ‘draw’ or ‘shuffle’ in the text.
When this card is in your Ring, your Ability gains the text "Your opponent randomly reveals 1 card drawn for his Draw Segment."
F: 30    D: 15     SV: 3     Unique
VHS2

Other than talking about the obviously powerful cards (extension of the ability to be more accurate), I'll mention this gem. At 30F, it basically functions like a Shoot Counter, giving you a chance to close the game. The threat of this card can also create that problem where the opponent has to learn to play around it or lose.

Never built him personally, but played against a control variant built by a friend. Annoying and strong, capitalizing on The Interdimensional Oddity to pull off strong effects.

N/A

Feels like he's already a strong contender for best superstar among the VHS2 Fastlane set. Very indirectly hitting your opponent that slowly builds up to be very scary in the late game with the threat of Dark Matter and/or other reversals.