Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: 3MB  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Superstar Spotlight: 3MB
« on: January 20, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »
I wanted to try something.  I wanted to make a daily spotlight thread on different Superstars. Let's start with everyone's favorite band. 3MB

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

3MB
Starting Hand Size: 3     Superstar Value: 1
Stable Ability: Once during each of your turns you may put up to 3 cards from hand under We're a 3 Man Band! and put the same number of cards under that card into your hand.
When you overturn cards for damage, you may put any of the first 3 cards overturned under We're a 3 Man Band! instead of your Ringside.
You can pack Heath Slater Arsenal cards and Hornswoggle! (replace the 'Finlay' text with '3MB').
V7

Hornswoggle!
Backstage Card
When this card is hidden, during your opponent’s turn when you have less than 15 cards in your Arsenal and he plays a maneuver, reveal this card to blank that card, and you may then put Hornswoggle! into your Ringside to completely reverse the maneuver.
This card can be moved to your Arsenal, but can only be moved from the Ringside by Finlay-specific cards.
When overturned, reverse any non-unique maneuver.
Unique
V1

We're a 3 Man Band!
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked, and can be played during any Pre-match phase.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, draw 3 cards and put 3 cards from hand under this card.
When you would discard for Armageddon Is Upon Us, put up to 3 of those cards under this card instead.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Jam Session
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Your opponent overturns 3 cards.
When this card is in your Ring, your cards with "interfere" in the title or text are considered Run-ins, he cannot prevent you from playing Run-ins, and once during any player's turn when you successfully play a D:1+ Run-in, put up to 3 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.
V7

The Band Joins In
Mid-match Reversal: Special: Run-in
This card is +1F for each D: 1+ Pre-match card in your Ring.
Reverse any non-Trademark Finisher maneuver.
ACE:  Once during each of your turns, you may discard 3 cards and overturn 3 cards and your next non-unique maneuver played this turn can only be reversed by D:0 reversals from hand and Arsenal; when that maneuver is unsuccessful, shuffle 3 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal and draw 3 cards; do not discard for reversals to this effect.
F: 3     D: 3     Unique     RMS logo
V7

Slater's Rockin' Lariat
High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played card; when played, ignore 'non-Superstar-specific' on The One-Man Rock Band.
F: 0     D: 6     SV: 1     Unique
V5

Heath’s Flying Neckbreaker
High Risk / Action / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver; when you are Heath Slater, can only be played after a successfully played card.
As an action, this card is -5F, put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal and put 1 card from your Ringside into your hand.
As a reversal, reverse any Strike or Action.
F: 10     D: 8     SV: 2     Unique
V5

Jinder's Camel Clutch
Trademark Finisher + Submission
When your next card played this turn is Maintain Hold, it can only be reversed by Superstar-specific reversals.
Once during each of your turns when this card is in your hand, you may reveal it, put it on the bottom of your Arsenal, and put up to 1 card from your Ringside under We're a 3 Man Band!
F: 20     D: 20     SV: 2     Unique     Multi
V7

Sweetness
Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Special
When played as a maneuver, ignore 'non-Superstar-specific' on The One-Man Rock Band.
As a reversal, reverse any Grapple or non-maneuver card.
When successfully played, your opponent discards 1 card and 1 random card.
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique
V5

Future Shock DDT
Trademark Finisher
Your opponent discards 3 random cards.
Once during each of your turns, when this card is in your hand, you may reveal it, put it on the bottom of your Arsenal, and put up to 3 non-reversal cards from your Ringside into your hand; when you are 3MB, put the cards under We're a 3 Man Band! instead.
F: 40     D: 25     SV: 3     Unique
V7

The International House Of Hits
Reversal: Card
When this card reverses, even from Arsenal, put it in your Ring instead of any other location and draw up to 3 cards.
When this card is in your Ring, once during each of your turns, put up to 1 random card from under We're a 3 Man Band! into your hand.
V7

Rockin' Out
Action + Action
When you are Becky Lynch, this card ignores 'completely' on your opponent's effects and reversals.
Put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal, put up to 1 card from Ringside in your hand, and when your next card played this turn is a maneuver, you may ignore the 'Can only be played after...' text.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Multi     NXT logo
VHS1

The Leader of 3MB
Action
Put up to 3 cards from your Ringside under We're a 3 Man Band!  Put up to 3 cards from your Ringside into your hand, and your opponent discards # cards, where # is 3 minus the number of cards put in your hand; when you put 0 cards in your hand, he discards randomly instead.
F: 3     D: 3     Unique
V7

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:09:06 PM by Buddha Dudley »
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar of the Day: 3MB
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »
sure...I like this idea!!!

VERY, stable support is always good, plus really good specifics and the ability to turn 3 damage into a luck is for losers on steroids and really no dead cards in the deck plus you can build them any way you feel fit!

As I mentioned:

We're a 3 Man Band!
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked, and can be played during any Pre-match phase.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, draw 3 cards and put 3 cards from hand under this card.
When you would discard for Armageddon Is Upon Us, put up to 3 of those cards under this card instead.
V7

The ability to float cards in and out from under here is so massively important I can't state that enough!

I fooled with them as dynamic, but that was because I was on a dynamic kick at the time.....dynamic works good in any deck not littered with specifics and once you drop your strikers and have the card access under 3MB they're quite awesome

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

I played them in VC....I tend to avoid decks in AA that don't have revo cards themselves, but I think they could survive.....nXt would be a challenge since they like a big pre and mid

VERY good superstar....better than the actual wrestlers were  :laugh:
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +482/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »
Just a thought, love the concept here, but maybe 'of the Week' would be more sustainable?  *shrug*

Good to know 3MB is still alive in people's minds, even if they aren't on TV anymore.

CREED
Bring Back Drew!
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »
- I would give them a solid 8 out of 10 rating. They have strong generic card support that can be used in a variety of deck types.

-The Band Joins In, The international house of hits and Hornswoggle. John P loves backlash deck reversals, and reversals that don't need fortitude as well, these guys have plenty of them. They can sponge pretty well I believe.

Yes, I got them in the lottery for the Set Premiere lackey event held on TCO, we had 20+ players, I won them using my classic BASH John P tech, but they have a LOT of other great builds to them.

-Their cards are generic and strong so they can thrive in almost any legal format, VC being their go-to with their love of Pre-match.

With the Power of being stable as well as having an amazing 1 SSV, this Superstar trio has the ability to Sponge Moves, as well as hitting back wicked hard. They can win games
**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!

Offline Buddha Dudley

• Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »
Just a thought, love the concept here, but maybe 'of the Week' would be more sustainable?  *shrug*

Good to know 3MB is still alive in people's minds, even if they aren't on TV anymore.

CREED
Bring Back Drew!

Maybe twice a week?  Or Monday/Wed/Fri... I'm open to w/e... 

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
Once a week seems too long IMO. there are HUNDREDDDSSSS of Superstars. If you skip a day, it's cool, if people don't want to answer a certain day, its cool. That way someone doesn't have to think "Aw man I might have to wait until next year to tell everyone how SICK my Spike Dudley Tech is"

**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +482/-368
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: 3MB
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »
True, my only concern is getting people's hopes up for a daily thing, then hearing complaints when Real Life Interferes, heh.  Still, kudos for doing this!  :)

CREED
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:09:22 PM by Buddha Dudley »
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 02:51:32 PM »
Buddha, if someone plays RLI on you, let me know. I'm willing to pick a superstar for the day if you're not available. That way we can keep the momentum going. (I suspect others would volunteer, too, if need be.)

As to the topic of the thread, I haven't built 3MB yet. I find myself gravitating to more focused decks, since they tend to do their one trick better than toolbox decks can, and as a result haven't come up with a build I really like for 3MB. I feel like one potential plan is to revolve the deck around getting International House of Hits into my hand early, so I'm drawing two cards a turn; also, I might go sponge, and try finding a way to make Sustained permanent. (If I could stick Witte Retort, that'd do it.) That way, I can cut the damage down so that everything's going under Band, getting two cards a turn to continue fueling Sustained, and then pack a little recursion to reload further.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:56:07 PM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »
After careful consideration, I'm going to post these Monday/Wed/Fri.  That way we can get some real conversation going over the course of several days per Superstar and hopefully get more eyeballs on these.

I'm glad people seem to be for this idea so far. It's interesting reading so many different thoughts on the same Superstar. 

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:52:28 AM »
Absolutely love reviews of cards / superstars. Gives a different perspective to each ss.

Ability is extremely versatile, as cards under 3 man band is like your extended hand but can't be touched by discarding effects. Apart from the thematic small hand size of 3, this is a good starting ss for a beginner or returning player.

International house of hits definitely. A 0F reversal with a permanent added bonus effect makes it a wonderful card. Its also the only way you can lower the number of cards under we're a 3 man band, since other effects only swop cards in and out.

My friend ran extremely successful stall deck with those pesky hard to reverse maneuvers. Getting to Sweetness Fort is very easy and that's usually how my games with him end, if his Germans and Atomic Lariat s didn't kill you off first.

Extremely well. Basically my friend ran an all non virtual deck except for the superstar cards and usually just trample over virtual decks. Definitely an easy superstar to use because it helps to omit the problem when facing against hand disruption superstars. Mid match reversal is also a good bonus!

Apart from their handsize and the lack of ways to reduce cards from under were a 3 man band, 3MB is definitely a versatile superstar suitable for any format regardless of how green or experienced the player is. If I would rate it, it would be 3. 3/3 of cause :)

Offline Scotty

• +50/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 05:36:24 AM »
Love the idea guys. It will surely create great content for the forums and for those who want to try new superstars but have no idea where to start. That said, I haven't played 3MB yet so I have little to offer, but reading the posts has me excited to try them out! I'll participate in future posts for sure!

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar? Very, been said above as to why...they are so much fun

The International House Of Hits
Reversal: Card
When this card reverses, even from Arsenal, put it in your Ring instead of any other location and draw up to 3 cards.
When this card is in your Ring, once during each of your turns, put up to 1 random card from under We're a 3 Man Band! into your hand.
V7

Other cards picked above might be ahead than this, but seriously, how good is this card?? Almost like drawing an extra card each turn...the overall ability to set up your hand is what makes them stand out to me

Yes, and while I have never competed it, it stands as one of my top decks to test against said it tests just about every one of my decks

Built them in VC and NXT...for VAA, they are on the list. Both very competitive in VC and NXT, we will see for VAA

Awesome and fun SS, and enjoy seeing them in the game as I enjoyed them on the WWE. Heath Slater has always been good to me at cutting promos, so was happy for there to be another option to play him

Offline KD8ESU

• +16/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »
There's something in the bag of 3MB tricks people are missing, so I'm going to throw in with some things I've seen.

- In a word:  VERY.  Despite the low SHS (Buying Myself Some Time), they have several means of cutting through and getting additional cards.  Sure, you may take a few lumps in the beginning, but if you can get past the 2nd or 3rd turn, you should be in good shape.
Also, since they don't have a specific way of being built through their cards, as the environment changes, they can adjust.

-We're a 3 Man Band and International House of Hits are the ones everyone points to, and for good reason.  I want to point out another one of their cards for this discussion:

Jam Session
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
When this card is in your Ring, your cards with "interfere" in the title or text are considered Run-ins, he cannot prevent you from playing Run-ins, and once during any player's turn when you successfully play a D:1+ Run-in, put up to 3 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.

Let's break that last part down.
First, your cards with "interfere" in the title or text are Run-Ins.  Things like Manager Interferes are now Run-Ins, so the obvious synergy with the nWo t-shirt (TB) is obvious; granted, Playing by the Rules (TB) hurts, but we'll get to that later.  Now, this includes Text, so things like Backed by Vickie (Thanks to the "except Manager Interferes" part) are Run-Ins, in addition to the obvious Manager Interferes, that matters for the next part....
Secondly, he cannot prevent you from playing Run-Ins.  As far as I'm reading, that means you can be backed by Vickie against Vickie Guerrero herself.  This also means HiaC doesn't stop them, you can Mid-Match Reversal against No Escape with the Run-Ins, and even Chase off Manager (It doesn't see much play, but who knows what will happen in the future) doesn't touch your Manager Interferes.  This means they can keep being used, which leads us to part 3.
Once during any player's turn when you successfully play a D:1+ Run-in, put up to 3 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.  Remember what I said about taking a few lumps in the beginning?  Welcome to the answer.  As you keep throwing those Run-Ins (once on each turn), you can slowly start to recover.

Oh yea, and you make them burn 3 when you drop this card.  Meh.

I have them built, but time to test it hasn't been happening as of late.

Non-Virtual and VR, obviously, they don't work.  In VC and NXT, they seems to be one of those superstars that have a lot of potential, but don't get all the love that more "Smark-friendly" Superstars get from the community, though, that's changing.
However, they look like a Dark Horse in VAA.  Their Reversals don't specifically target thing for VC, and with some of the stupid tricks that VAA has, they could easily go; also, they don't have 10 million Superstar Specifics to try and fit in.  Yes, the card I mentioned hits nothing with the <R> in the name right now, but that card is something not to be used by itself.

Again, a real Dark Horse.  They have a lot of potential to do great things, but it's a matter of putting the pieces in the right places.  Again, I think they might shine a lot more in VAA than a lot of other superstars out right now, but even in VC and NXT, they should be a good built for someone who wants some flexibility with construction.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »

Jam Session
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.

Let's break that last part down.
First, your cards with "interfere" in the title or text are Run-Ins.  Things like Manager Interferes are now Run-Ins, so the obvious synergy with the nWo t-shirt (TB) is obvious; granted, Playing by the Rules (TB) hurts, but we'll get to that later.  Now, this includes Text, so things like Backed by Vickie (Thanks to the "except Manager Interferes" part) are Run-Ins, in addition to the obvious Manager Interferes, that matters for the next part....
Secondly, he cannot prevent you from playing Run-Ins.  As far as I'm reading, that means you can be backed by Vickie against Vickie Guerrero herself.  This also means HiaC doesn't stop them, you can Mid-Match Reversal against No Escape with the Run-Ins, and even Chase off Manager (It doesn't see much play, but who knows what will happen in the future) doesn't touch your Manager Interferes.  This means they can keep being used, which leads us to part 3.
Once during any player's turn when you successfully play a D:1+ Run-in, put up to 3 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.  Remember what I said about taking a few lumps in the beginning?  Welcome to the answer.  As you keep throwing those Run-Ins (once on each turn), you can slowly start to recover.

I don't think the bolded text is true...I mean, if I get the proper ruling and I'm wrong, cool...but No Escape isn't preventing you from playing the card, it just modifies their card to where it can't be reversed from your backlash. IDK, I'm sure this will get moved to the rules forum, but can this be confirmed one way or the other just for clarification.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 05:34:43 PM »
Can confirm. No interaction between Jam Session and No Escape. Jam Session jailbreaks you from player permission restrictions, not from reversal restrictions.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »
So Jam Session > Backed by Smackdown GM Vickie Guerrero if the reversal card is a run-in?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 10:38:38 PM »
Backed by Smackdown GM Vickie Guerrero
Pre-match Event
Cannot be packed when packing Enforcers or by a Legend, or by Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Latino Cheat, Rey Mysterio, Shane O'Mac, or The People's Champ.
Your opponent cannot play non-Superstar-specific non-D:0 reversals (except Manager Interferes) or Overshot Your Mark to your first non-Superstar-specific Smackdown non-F:0 maneuver played each turn.
Your next Pre-match Smackdown card played gains the text "Your Pre-match Capacity is +1."
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Smackdown logo

Yup, Backed by Smackdown GM Vickie Guerrero is telling you that you can't play those reversals, not that the SD moves cannot be reversed by those reversals. Jam Session will let you play, say, Outside Interference against an SD non-0F maneuver.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.